1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Here Comes the Sun...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Freader, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Freader

Freader Filtered

The best quote from the video for me was
    "I think that most of the songs I've ever written, all pose similar questions. Can you free yourself enough to be able to experience the reality of life as it goes on before you and with you, and as you go on as part of it or not? Because if you can't, you stand on square one until you die. That is what the song is about.....
    Encourage yourself not to accept a lead role in a cage. But to go on demanding of yourself that you keep auditioning for the walk-on part in the war. Because that is where I want to be. I want to be in the trenches. I don't want to be at headquarters sitting in some hotel room somewhere. I want to be engaged in a way my father would approve of."
    That spoke to me like a brick wall!! Purpose in life, using the gifts that God has given us. Focusing on that and not what is expected of us by others. Managing that transition and staying the course. Living a life that you would want to live again.

James Gerard and Phosphene like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You're beginning to see why I turned you onto them. You and Randy have become comfortably numb in Kansas. Most things are OK to good.......but they are not yet Optimal.

To view things, you have to look for them. To view things as nature does, you have to know HOW to look for them. Most people like lack this critical ability. Any fool can know things. The point is to understand how it fits in the grand scheme of how nature operates. If she is hurting your head may be the way you think about Mother Nature is not as good as it could be for you?

Almost any disease/problem is curable.…… Just not every patient is because they refuse to alter their environment to suit their mitochondrial genome.

You cannot get well in the same environment you got ill within. It’s a stark and unpleasant message that most people don't want to ponder. I understand environment as firstly the macrocosm, secondly the microcosm. Worlds within worlds, Wheels within wheels. Waves within particles, particles within waves.......very much Gilmour music.

Most people really don’t want the truth, they just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth. My mouth is not a bakery. I don’t sugarcoat anything. If you ask me my opinion I’m going to tell you the truth, no matter what you want to hear. That is how you help people who remain unaware of what they don’t know is the most important part of the recipe.

With you Freda, I see a caterpillar.
    Just when the caterpillar thought her world was ending, she turned into a butterfly.........I see the metamorphosis in people before they do because of how I think about them and about things they chose.

Freader likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I Randy in much the same way.......but I think you are further in your metamorphosis.

4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Love this song..especially the guitar changes. This song makes you feel comfortably numb without the drugs.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. Freader

Freader Filtered

IMG_8056.JPG
    The concrete gets so hot when getting grounded sun in the afternoon. So my husband set up the tub I bought so i can do CT at the same time.This will be a new chapter on my journey to optimal. Speakers are next so Pink Floyd can join me.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    drezy likes this.
  6. Freader

Freader Filtered

IMG_0196.jpeg Our first sunrise at PDC was amazing. The clouds covered the sun, but it slowly burned them off as it rose over the horizon. Watching the colors, the textures, the slow disappearance of the obstacles until the sun finally ruled the sky!! It is suppose to rain the rest of the week. So I really took this one in!

caroline likes this.
  7. Freader

Freader Filtered

So much to catch up on.
    June I spent a week with my daughter in PDC. I’m so glad I decided to leave a couple of days earlier because the last half of our week, it rained most of the days and were cloudy, even at sunrise. We had great bonding time. I learned that the UVB wasn’t much higher than our local UVB, but the temperatures were cooler 10-15 degrees. So summer isn’t a bad time to go. It’s cheaper and not as busy. The cold tub at the spa still feels great! We spent a day with Senior Cruz and did 2 Centoes. I was able to tolerate the 68 degrees very well, but my daughter and another lady in our group got cold and numb. It reminded me of the caves in Branson, Mo that I had been in when I was 12.

July, my other daughter and husband and I went to Germany for a wedding. Wonderful temps, the light cycle is much longer and spent time walking and eating 3 meals a day. Didn’t gain any weight, actually usually don’t when I go there. Even with all the beer and food we eat. Amazes me how that works. Every morning spent great time not in the sun but in great light. The have a cold foot bath walk that was originally built back in the 1930’s, feed by a Spring. It was taken over by a Nature group and restored. My aunt, Frieda, took me and my sisters there when we went in May and I was able to get 4 other of my relatives to go there with us this time. My dad had shown this to me back in 1982 and I really wished he could have seen it restored. I always get in the sun the first morning I’m there and that takes care of jet lag, plus drinking beer and wine makes going to sleep easier!

The bugs are back. Even in the morning, just walking in the grass, everything itches. My arms are full of sores from bites. Interesting, I lay on a cotton towel directly on the concrete to sunbathe, the parts not on the towel get bitten the most and sometimes the bites swell up and get inflamed, but go away in a week. I can’t see what is biting me. I clean the area before I lay out. So yesterday, I spayed bug spray on the concrete around me, helped a lot, but there are mosquitoes and other flying things. I have Type O blood and I’ve read that is supposed to attract them. I have heard that taking high doses of Vit B makes your sweat unattractive to them, but that isn’t an option. My husband doesn’t get bitten and he is outside much more than I. Why? Why? This has plagued me all my life.

My only guess is that,(like a Type 2 diabetic), I am releasing more light than I should and that I need more IR light in the morning. Or can I use my Red Lights instead, because being out in the morning isn’t working at this time.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

If I had to guess it could also be these little invisible critters that live in Texas too:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombiculidae

A non-deet way to fend them off is to either pre-dust the area with sulfur powder the night before OR sprinkle it on the parts of your body closest to the ground (which is most of you if you are laying).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  9. Freader

Freader Filtered

Sulfur powder, get that at a home and garden store? Is it natural and safe? There are a lot of ants, but they stay in the shade. It just gets worse as the summer progresses. i used to think they were spiders, but they're not.

10. Freader

Freader Filtered

July Q&A, I'm emitting low UV light and that attracts them. So that confirms what I thought, actually picked that up from the Oct 2014 Q&A I listened to this afternoon. From other notes I've got, it is a constant for me. I'm fat because I'm losing too much light or electrons. So I need healing UVA light and grounding. Morning light before the UVB shows up, evening light after the UVB is gone. More DHA, seafood, glad to see that the oysters don't need to be raw. I love them, but other folks don't always do. Seafood, even farmed, preferred over meat. I will still continue Eggs and bacon in the morning, only now that it is summer, should I try something else? Evening is Kettle & Fire broth with onions and garlic base. Any other suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you have the same thing every morning? What about some guacamole and shrimp and salmon?

There are some good recipes in the recipe section........

I am really bummed out ....I forgot about the Q&A this morning!

12. drezy

drezy Gold

So is it true that you are not actually seeing what it biting you? If so then it's likely that it's that creature I referenced above.

With the sulfur yeah call ahead to see if shops have it. It's just a yellow powder that I put on trails. I get 10 bites total per year. Like you might suspect the person who gets bit the most that I know is super lilly white, always wears jeans and sunglasses and gets 30 bites each walk outside.

13. Freader

Freader Filtered

I'll try it in the area I lay out in and sprinkle it on my feet in the am sun.
    Yes, Bacon and eggs, sometimes avacados. But I like the idea of substituting salmon instead and I will find the recipe section and try those. I just found that making it easy and repetitive, is the easiest way to always eat in the morning, because I have found, that if I skip breakfast, I will gain weight and it isn't from eating more later in the day.

14. drezy

drezy Gold

Previous me used to sprinkle it all over my boots and ankles and it worked well. It doesn't smell all that great, but it beats being bitten.

Again, if it is what I think then your initial spider guess is closer to the truth than you think. This little creature is more closely related to spiders than insects. Also if deer bed down anywhere near your spot you might as well hit that area since that is likely a hot zone that they are spilling out from. The deer might not fully appreciate it at first, but they don't pay the property tax.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Freader. Yep a BAB always saves the day! more often than not I can't have dinner - not hungry in the least. Have you thought of putting a leg of lamb/pork in your slow cooker before you go to bed and then ......voila ...... breakfast is served - especially with Guacamole - my new fave.

Right now I am roasting a big pork Belly and then we will have it for a few days ....just slice and fry.

I worry about traditional bacon ....it doesn't seem to do me any favours as far as weight loss goes.

drezy likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

just thinking some more .....I find I need to change things up - especially with eggs.

drezy likes this.
  17. Freader

Freader Filtered

Yep, I want to change it up mostly because it is summer and I'm still eating fat and proteins. I will add some fruit in the late afternoon, when it pops up. Right now it's Cherries! OMG, they are deep red and delicious. But I've filtered out fruit and don't seek it. Since I'm still doing Big Ass Breakfast for Leptin, I've stuck to the B&E's with coffee.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you thought of bone broth?

How long have you been doing BAB?

19. Freader

Freader Filtered

BAB consistently since last fall. I use the bone broth for soups and something quick. I have tried substituting for morning coffee and that didn't last. I keep thinking about it, but it isn't enough to be a BAB.

20. Freader

Freader Filtered

Listened to the April 2015 Q&A. Loved it! Covered my issues.
    My recent happiness came from my Lab results 4 weeks ago. From 2 Years ago, My BUN Creatine Ratio was 23.7, now 9.2!! My Triglycerides were 113, now 66. HDL was 79,now 94. VLDL was 23, now 13. LDL was 134, now 117. HDL Ration was 3, now 2.4. My doctor GYN, wanted to put me on blood pressure meds before these results came back and I told him NO. I wouldn't take them. He was not ok with that. It wasn't part of his plan for me. But I had blood in my urine and so I am going back this week for another urine test. Anything I should ask to test for while I'm already doing this? This lab takes and processes samples on site.