1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help.

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Edwin De Vera, Sep 22, 2019.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

100% honest no joke here
    If I had to give an man advice prior to marriage it would be to track down the woman's previous man and as dysfunctional and "evil" as the guy may seem, buy him a few rounds of his favorite drink and just listen.

I've been reading your story. I like @Lahelada s vacation idea to break things up as well as get away from the low solar region that you live in.

If there is a technical problem like a need to stay connected for emergency calls or texts let me know.

If there is an issue your wife has with self actuating males reminding her of a previous conclusion of a similar pattern then I'm guessing even the best ethernet cable won't address that.

I have more thoughts but I'll stop there for now.

Edwin De Vera likes this.
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

Edwin,
    could you use a separate bedroom with zero tech? And tell your wife you would love her to join you anytime but it must stay tech free zone?
    And could you possibly offer her even more intimacy, like massage, cuddling, sex etc. I know I would love that! Would win over any tech gadget! :) :)
    Just make your room a wonderful relaxing place with only candle light and YOU :)
    If she really loves you I bet she will like it!
    And maybe slowly start to let her read articles etc about health concerns of excessive tech use.. so she would understand why you do what you do for you.

That all said.. I cant even imagine how difficult it must be.

3. Edwin De Vera

Edwin De Vera New Member

Thanks. I'm open to hearing more of your thoughts.

4. Edwin De Vera

Edwin De Vera New Member

Thank you for the good advice. I appreciate it. She is selling her smartwatch. I guess my shutting it off in airplane mode at night has ruined its functionality for her. Those things are a horrible idea. And I think it was an impulse buy.

5. Edwin De Vera

Edwin De Vera New Member

Bu the way, this is why it's good to have a landline. If there's an emergency in the middle of the night, those phones ring loudly, for one. From the next room. But now everyone uses phones that should be switched off in your sleeping room.

drezy likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

Like you say landlines work just fine. Also cellphones can be forwarded to them and turned off.

Edwin De Vera likes this.
  7. Rachel151

Rachel151 Gold

Oh I am so there with you!! I’m sorry for your troubles. I’m in a similar situation and my husband is also resistant. Good luck to us!