1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help with estrogen results

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by kjgraffin@yahoo.com, Mar 12, 2013.

1. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

I had my hormone labs drawn last month on CD 20. I thought the lab had made a mistake because my total estrogens were less than my estradiol. They let me redo them this month. I tested on CD21 and the same thing happened, but much higher results. Anyone have any ideas on what could be going on? I did increase DHEA and testosterone a bit, could that be contributing to the increase? I still don't understand how my total estrogen can be less than my estradiol.

Feb 2013
    Estradiol 103.5 pg/ml (43.8-211.0)
    Total estrogen 73 pg/ml (156-350)

March 2013
    Estradiol 373.5 pg/ml (43.8-211.0)
    Total estrogens 286 pg/ml (156-350)

I had a short cycle this month at 23 days and I have been having night sweats the past few nights.

2. The DHEA could be converting to estrogen in you which is highly likely. Maybe you are also an estrogen collector. You may want to try to drop the DHEA and test again and see what happens. Something in your hormones is obviously messed up if you are having night sweats and estrogen that high. Have you done Pg testing? Looking at the Pg/E2 ratio maybe helpful too.

3. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

I'm using the 7keto DHEA, so I didn't think that would convert to estrogen. My PG is very low so I know my ratio stinks, but it has always been low. I can't figure out why all of a sudden my E is climbing but yet I am having the night sweats.