1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help with CT

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by gottifire, Nov 6, 2017.

1. gottifire

gottifire New Member

A couple years ago I tried CT and things went decent until I got to getting in the tub.

But even before the tub I did about 3 pounds on my chest a few times a week. Afterwards I always felt pretty relaxed but my feet would be cold for a couple hours. I did this for about 3 months before moving to the ice bath.

The tub never went well. I always felt horrible during and afterward. My whole body was cold for hours and I didn't feel relaxed like I did with the ice on my chest.

I do have hypothyroid and take 3 grains a day of thyroid.

Most of my hormones were pretty bad in the past but have stabilized but I still wake up between 2 and 4am at night and generally have frequent urination throughout the day.

I feel that the CT might be able to help these issues but after feeling so crappy from it I'm a little unsure about trying it again.

Thanks for any input you have.

Emma Sabin likes this.
  2. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

I am super interested in this tread as I too have thyroid issues and on 1.5 nature grain. I do cold showers just to get me going and try to submerge neck down in the chilly sea here (Ibiza) for 20 mins but have blue ends of fingers tips afterwards - surely this isn't right? I would like a more specific guideline to temperature and how long is good for me. I will do soem searching and let you know if I find anything.

3. gottifire

gottifire New Member

Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks so much

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Add full spectrum red bulbs when you do CT. I cover that in several webinars.

What is hypothyroid? It is the anterior pituitary with a brown out because the anterior visual system is a semi-conductive circuit. Vermont 2017 alert. What does pseudohypoxia (low NAD+) mean to our hormone panel? The cost of a high aerobic capacity is low fertility. This is why the pregnenolone steal syndrome exists and why males suffer low testosterone and females have an upside down PG/E2 ratio in menopause and why they dehydrated. This means mitochondria cannot make water, you cannot recycle protons, and your cytoplasms wont be able to fully habndle light intially well from the sun. Why? YOURE DEHYDRATED. So what might you do in this case? Add in the 4 frequencies of red light known to power the cytochrome c oxidase enzyme. It is not what the anti-aging docs think of first when they put you on thyroid meds. Cortisol over sex steroid production is due to the use of oxygen as the terminal electron acceptor in human mitochondria in a really bad light environment. In a women’s gut at menopause their LES allows more O2 in to the gut lumen and this simplifies the gut flora changing light release to the enterocytes and affect activation of the GALT. This lowers thyroid hormones T2 and T3 and women cannot absorb the sun's light even if they are naked at the equator because their mito cannot make water. This leads to a lack of catalase activity (H2O2) and a chronic lack of AM light (red and blue) fuel this low fertility. Artificial light, with a lack of sunlight makes fertility doctors and thyroid docs rich and busy writing Rx for meds filled with deuterium. It's not our abilities that show what we truly are, it's our choices that determine our fate. Get out EVERY AM no matter what and find that sun in your eye.

In the red range the sun makes 600-3100nm light.

Absorption of photons from IR/NIR at 1538.5 nm increases the probability of proton transfer in water inside a cell.

There are 4 key spectral frequencies between 650–980 nm (NIR) are absorbed by components of cytochrome c oxidase in mitochondria. The stoichiometry and absorption spectra of cytochrome c oxidase components a and a3 has broadened based upon new data. The older footprint spectra that showed peak activity was visible light at 550, 605 and 655nm and near-IR light at 830 nm.

[​IMG]

5. gottifire

gottifire New Member

Wow Jack, thanks so much for this detailed response.

I'll have to read over it a few more times to comprehend but again thank you.

I am a 39yr old male.

I'm definitely dehydrated though, because I urinate so much.

Every once in a while I'll get so dehydrated that I'll get a debilitating head ache but not to often thankfully.

When you say, "full spectrum red bulbs" are you talking about something like one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=full+spectrum+red+bulb

6. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thanks Jack
    I'm also using the B-cure LLT therapy twice a week still too. This might be something for you to consider Gottifire?

Jack I am unsure of how long and what temperatue I should be doing with my CT - how can I work that out? I rememeber you told me I don't need to go too cold in light of my thyroid so just doing sea/pool and tap water temperature for about 15/20 mins but getting blue finger tips. When I have time I do the cold in sea hot in sun cold in sea as suggested.

And finally is sunrise IR light more important than CT for thyroid or in conjunction with?

7. For bulbs you can also have a look here
    https://redlightman.com

Michael Leger and Emma Sabin like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Emma Any amount of CT is good. Do what you can. This is what a wild anomal would do too because there is no manual for hippo's and lions. The more CT you do the more you increase your electric charge, increases your oxygen tension which increases the pull of electrons on ECT and it increases your breathing efficiency too. It is the secret sauce behind why Hof pushed breathing. Anything that pulls electrons from NAD+ to oxygen in mitochondria = more current. More current = higher redox = deuterium depletion.

9. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thanks Jack. Thats exactly what I'm doing. even if only time for a cold shower I'm figuring its better to do that than nothing.

Is there a better time to do the CT? I've been going first thing but with the cold damp mornings and air (!) its getting trickier. I'm guessing full spectrum sunlight at hottest part of day is best..? And finally in the CT protocol you say to eat a protein fat rich meal beforehand, is that only for beginners or does it matter every time?

10. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Exploring Jacks blog lately i would say CT+sunlight in the same time must be good. You shrink your respiratory proteins while getting energy from the sun to run DC electric current through the shrunk circuit (electron chain transport) to improve your redox and facilitate healing. Any experienced mitochondriacs please correct me if i am getting something wrong.

As for the protein rich meal according to the blog post, if you don't eat you will probably stay less time in. Eating stimulates the parasympathetic system into action, raises your temperature while cooling your skin receptors. That makes your brain register the change in your environment and tries to adapt to the new situation.

Emma Sabin and Lahelada like this.
  11. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thats really helpful Michalis - thnak you ;)

I've stopped my early morning CT sessions as its just too cold now and its unpleasant as the damp air is horrid on this island. 11-2 is perfect time as I have sun to warm me up afterwards (if its not cloudy!)

12. Wonderful info!

13. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

I have hashi's and am on 1.75 grains of naturethroid. Here is what is working for me living in the midwest. 1. AM sunrise with as much skin showing as possible while i eat a huge breakfast including alot of seafood (6-8 raw oysters with breakfast). 2. I stopped CTing indoors and took my tub outdoors in direct sunlight, which was a game changer. I did a hour of CT at 55 degrees yesterday in direct sunlight mid-day. 3. Block as much blue light as possible, keeping my skin covered during the day while working and have switched all screens to red and include NIR in my office. I've found the more full spectrum sunlight, CT, Seafood, and mitigating junk light, my bun/creatinine ratio continues to improve.

Emma Sabin likes this.