1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help with Adrenal Rx during Leptin Reset

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by lauren_r, Jan 13, 2013.

1. lauren_r

lauren_r New Member

I am Leptin resetting with adrenal fatigue (& leaky gut & other stuff still deciphering [​IMG]). I have read all blogs and comments and was wondering if below is right and you could help me clarify some things.
    1. You can eat a fourth meal if you are resetting AND have AF.
    2. You should (?) include some carbs in the reset, how much, up to 50grams?
    3. Are the same meal times appropriate (6-8am, 11-1pm, 5-6pm)?
    4. When does the extra meal fit in?

Also any thoughts on Low am & midday cortisol and high 10pm cortisol, with high (outside range) DHEA (am tested)?
    PCOS? Stress from PTSD? Thyroid? Waiting on results but a little impatient!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

1. no way.
    2. carbs are season dependent and not dependent upon any other factor.
    3. meals times were covered in the Leptin Rx blog, Ct 7 or 8 I believe. It may also be in how does the Leptin Rx work or Leptin Rx FAQ blogs
    4. NEVER!!!!!

high cortisol tells me your clocks are off and it means your mitochondrial efficiency is already bad. You need to listen to the Dec and Jan webinars in a big way.

3. lauren_r

lauren_r New Member

Thanks Dr Kruse. Now I have no idea where I got those ideas from!?!?! Will have a re-read of all those blogs again.
    Will get into those webinars asap, and consult when results arrive.

4. lauren_r

lauren_r New Member

So i guess this means if mito are stuffed and cortisol is flipped, even though I am 114lbs and BMI 19%, I am leptin resistant, and should not be training?!?

5. caroline

caroline New Member

you can be leptin resistant if you are underweight or obese.......you shouldn't be training...... if you read again what Dr. K said it will become clearer....at first it is hard to take everything on board.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Read todays blog.........you can have real good facade but if your clock is broken........your leaking oil all over the place and hence why things aint working.

7. lauren_r

lauren_r New Member

Read todays blog.........you can have real good facade but if your clock is broken........your leaking oil all over the place and hence why things aint working.

I like that " a real good facade" haha!! I've never been told that before! But i get where your coming from. I'm not overweight and def not underweight but also not lean and defined (my goal). Just a broken, leaky mess [​IMG]

8. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Never fear, Jack is here![​IMG] You follow Jack and you will get fixed, no question.