1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help! Newbie learning but in nerve pain

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Jamie S, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Jamie S

Jamie S New Member turned GOLD :)

Jack... Hi! Help... Can you be my doctor? (I’m in LOS Angeles area) Didn’t know exactly where to post and didn’t want to introduce myself this way but would really like some feedback. I’m 55 yo, athletic and fairly healthy yet experiencing a ton of nerve pain from C5-6, C6-7 discs and/or stenosis related. I only have mri from 10 years ago when I had an extruded and bulging discs. Stenosis mild to moderate and moderate to severe were indicated. I ended up getting a medrol pack and that seemed to end the pain. I was limited on insurance and funds so didn’t do much therapy but have been left only with very mild tingling in right index finger. Until now.

I don’t want to do something I’ll regret after I learn more about healing and optimizing my health and mitochondria so I am Looking for direction now how I should approach resolving this.

The pain in my neck and left rhomboid/shoulder (last time it was the right side) really started after sleeping crooked on a plane back from Aruba to La,CA (mid November) playing in a beach tennis tournament which also coincided with introducing (animal protein) red meat again after a year plus of organic whole food plant based diet. (I had been experiencing some weird stuff in my left shoulder for about 4-5 months that I now think was related since I am right handed and the nerve pain now is in the same area.) I thought my neck just needed an adjustment so after multiple appts with my 3 different awesome chiropractors, the pain is still there, has increased over time. I’m scared and don’t know what to do because I don’t trust the medical community in general and I don’t know what to do.

I live in Los Angeles area... would love Dr. Kruse to be my Doctor. I am getting out in sunlight in shorts in the morning despite it being 50-60 degrees but I can’t see the actual sunrise bc all the buildings and definitely no privacy for naked. I had my first oysters yesterday (and a turmeric tea) and was it a coincidence that I had reduced symptoms for several hours?

I did buy a red light therapy lamp red/near infrared 2 weeks and started using it for neck, low back more ordinary pain, and facial skin. facial skin is softer but have not noticed any other improvement despite the tingling sensation during exposure. Also changed all my home and work light bulbs to incandescent. spend probably too much time on the phone researching this stuff and now try to wear the blue blockers. Between getting up earlier, using the blue blocker glasses recently, eating more red meat, eggs and ghee, using the red light, hot/cold showers... I’ve also experience almost narcolepsy (desperately sleepy in afternoon and evening) and as a psychotherapist it’s horrible! I have to resolve this too. I’ve always had a ton of energy and especially eating plant based I also had a TON of energy Even if I didn’t sleep long. Yikes! I definitely need to go to bed earlier but I’ve never wanted to fall asleep in my afternoon sessions. I don’t drink caffeine, only water but may need to to be in integrity with my work.

So any help, direction would be awesome... most importantly for the nerve/neck issue... and the sleepy thing. Thank you in advance.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Jamie and welcome. Please start a journal in the optimal journal section and give Dr.K. more health history and also your Mom's and gran's.

Are you reading Jack's blogs? listening to all his podcasts? Do you have Jack's book the Epi-Paleo RX

You live in LA????? your postcode sucks really bad! You have 5g I am pretty positive.

What is your nnEMF situation like at home? work? You are in an apartment? surrounded by apartments?

Sounds like you are in a cesspool of nnEMF and 5g.

I am pretty sure that Dr. K. will tell you to get out of Dodge! You can't get well in a place you got sick.

Are you a Gold member? There is a member's event in Mexico just about now.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Jamie S likes this.
  3. Janette Layne

Janette Layne Status Nominal AFU

How do I get to the journal section? I’ve been told before, but I can not remember.

4. Jamie S

Thank you Caroline for the feedback/reply. How can I find out about the Mexico event? and attend? I plan on becoming a Gold member and getting my optimal journal entry ready asap. My biggest need right now is to get out of pain... I could not sleep last night and it seems the pain is getting worse each day. Does Jack have a neuro/orthopedic neck/spinal person in LA, CA he can refer me to? Or is he available for me?

I have been reading and listening as much as I can. I don't have the Leptin RX book but have the Epi-Paleo book. As far as I can tell, I do not fit the need for the leptin RX as I am not overweight or have trouble gaining weight.

I just bought and tested my home with the Trifield TF2 EMF meter... no where in my house is there any readings that are above the recommended limits... except of course if the meter is put within 1 inch of the source. I don't have much technology in my house or office and all my lights are incandescent or red. I am in an apartment but still the meter readings indicated no excessive nnEMFs. I have seen others in the forums use that meter so I figured it was reliable but of course I have no idea. I live near the beach in Hermosa Beach in LA county so maybe that is a helpful mitigating factor for me.Again I don't know.

I will follow up with my journal entry. Thanks for any help you can give me, especially regarding getting out of pain and a direction/course of treatment for the nerve pain I'm experiencing.

5. Anne V

Anne V Gold

try to put ice cubes on it . (i use pouch bought at the chiropractor) it helps while u sort out what to do.

Jamie S and caroline like this.
  6. Anne V

Anne V Gold

go to meet and greet scroll down to optimal journal then scroll down to find the journal u want to read .

caroline likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

so sorry - Jack's book is Epi-Paleo RX. The Mexico event is happening now.

Jack may be doing Skype consults ....message "contact us" at the bottom right hand side of this page and ask about a consult.
    Do you spend time at the beach? sunrise? sunset? The ocean is great for C/T.

How is your sleep? your libido?

Your symptoms are all pretty recent it seems? what has changed? My guess would be 5g? but you have probably had 5g for a long time.

were you vegetarian before?

Jamie S likes this.
  8. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

What is the best brand for red light bulbs for regular lamps to keep the home red at night?

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Tfreeman likes this.
  10. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I have years of experience measuring fields.

Unless you live in a faraday house like Jack with shielded cables it's impossible for electric and magnetic fields to be within "recommended" limits by anyone's standards an inch from any powered source, much less a foot.

Sitting on your bed with your meter moving it 360 degrees both laterally and vertically what are the highest peak RF readings you see on it, the small number in the upper left hand corner? The big number in the middle is totally irrelevant to reality.

Jamie S likes this.
  11. Saichi

Saichi New Member

You don't know what the flicker rate on these are! I wish you'd stop recommending lamps to people especially newbies.

Also Sperti mentions nothing about x-ray shielding of their lamps on their safety page, much less the type of metal used in the housing. Even it were lead which I doubt it's obviously way too thin just looking at the picture and going by the small product weight of 15lbs for it to be anywhere near sufficient shielding. I understand you've been using it for years and fluorescents along with nnEMF are ubiquitous but I personally will never use a fluorescent light again for any potential benefit nor would I ever recommend it to anyone.

12. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

What is your preference/what do you use in your home? I saw that Jack has his home red on Facebook at night(or someone’s home he was in). I have the red LED pen he has recommended on this website for reading and I love it. I want to create a red environment for sunset on at night.

13. Saichi

Saichi New Member

All the real mitos on this site only use red light at night. I use a variety of red incandescents. The mitogen LED panel's priced fairly but I'm still working on RF mitigation which isn't cheap and very time consuming. I also have an aversion to LEDs regardless of flicker-free but I think if I were to put a diffuser on the mitogen I'd go for it.

14. Jamie S

So weird... I never saw this however it says i "liked" it... which I do like it but would have answered your questions and followed up sooner. :rolleyes: Thank you for your thoughtful questions. Sorry I missed out on a consult opportunity.

Beach time? I used to spend a lot of time at the beach playing beach tennis (for the last 10 years thats been my main sport)... from 12-sunset on the weekends and a couple other days a week I'd play a couple hours in the morning. The last 7 months work has been off the charts busy and I've played less, a lot less. (fyi - for the last 30 years I have taught tennis and mostly wore long yoga pants, long sleeves, gloves, hat sunglasses etc... always sunscreen on my face. I also as a youth here in so cal I grew up outside and getting a tan, laying out to see how dark I could get). So then of course with the fear sun and skin cancer culture and of course concerned about sun damage and don't want to be a wrinkled mess, but still liking to be in a bikini... and not liking sunscreen much (except my face), I would wear sunscreen clothing, pants and long sleeves or a bikini with zinc/titanium dioxide sunscreen... definitely times with no protection (clothes or sunscreen)... after getting in the water or showering off... or just too hot.

Sunrise/Sunset? I don't see that many sunsets and I've only recently just tried getting up and out of the house and drive to find the sunrise somewhere. I've missed actual sunrise on a lot of those mornings because of my sleep, wanting to sleep a bit more. I don't know what to prioritize first, my sleep or getting up early enough even if I go to bed late (which I think is one of my BIG problems).

My sleep... fractured. Menopausal as of the last year (after 4 years of perimenopause). I fall asleep within 1 minute, literally after getting in bed and answering last minute texts/emails/researching something/some to do item on my phone and its usually between 10:45 and 11:30p. I generally fall asleep while doing these last things (my phone will hit me in the face because I've fallen asleep). I run kind of in survival mode of always have too much to do... one of my nemesises :(. So I fall asleep, but am a big water drinker so then I get up in the middle of the night 2-3 hours after falling asleep to use the bathroom and in the last year or so its been sometimes 1-3 times a night. For awhile I would wake around 3a and stay awake for 1.5 hrs not being able to fall back to sleep. This is rare. All of it getting a smidge better, as I stop drinking early, seeing more sun rises. I've recently slept for 5 hours straight which is improvement for me.

My libido... is in the tank... my whole life kind of.

What's changed? Vegetarian? ... I ate vegan/whole food plant based for 1.4 year, ending in this last November coinciding with going to Aruba (long plane flights) for beach tennis tournament (tropical, LOTS and LOTS of sun (full bikini) tons of sunscreen and dunking in the water. I overheat horribly and can't cool off in tropical/humid environment and had to use ice on all change overs under arm pits and on legs. I ate beef meat in Aruba because they had the best hamburgers I'd ever had (from previous trips there). I went vegan because I was having difficulty getting over a bronchial lingering flu-ish thing (and took a course of antibiotics (sept 2018)... found out about glyphosate and started questioning what was "my food" as Ive done well on paleo (red meat and veggies ) but then have done Daniel fasts and cleanses/fasting with just veggies and have felt amazing, clear-minded and tons of energy on all these. I prayed and asked God what was my food... His reply... "what I grew for you and in the manner in which I intended" (so I wasn't going to eat meat until I could source it from a ranch/pasture/grass fed/finished etc. Did a 3 day water fast which cleared the bronchial thing and boosted my immune system! Was amazing then just ate plants/whole foods and continued to feel amazing so continued until the Aruba trip where I felt it was safe to eat their beef/hamburger. Flew home from Aruba with a crooked/painful sleeping neck that never resolved even with my go-to chiropractic guys who do amazing work. Then symptoms just continued to get worse and reminded me of 2009 episode of extruded/bulging discs at C5-6, 6-7. MRI from back then reports the mild-moderate and moderate to severe stenosis at those respective vertebrae.

I'm also confused about sunrise and getting vitamin D that only happens later... think I'm learning that to get the vitamin D I need to be out later in the day/sun (between 10-1p according to Dminder). If I work indoors as a psychotherapist, I need help figuring out how/what to prioritize and understand the minimum to optimal limits I am aiming for in terms of sunrise and daytime sunlight... and what's more important with regard to timing... seeing the sunrise before CT protocol or doing the CT first and possibly missing sunrise and just getting out in the sun a bit later? I know I have heard Jack say THE most important thing is NEVER MISS ANOTHER SUNRISE... but just not sure when trying to hack this neck/nerve thingy. Thank you!!

15. Jamie S

Saichi... thank you for your response ... Being a newbie with my meter especially, your question is very helpful. I did not know that the big numbers are irrelevant and to focus on peak so thank you... all the numbers all the time jump around constantly and wildly. The highest RF reading in my bed was .77, living room 2.2. I did see that when I put it touching my cell phone it jumped momentarily to 19.3, yikes. How are those numbers? The info that came with the meter, says 1.000 and under is a safe level for peak measurement. Thoughts? Anything else I need to check? Thank you.

16. Saichi

Saichi New Member

No wonder you're a wreck and can't sleep with those measurements!

Hilarious Trifield states 1 mW is safe, I never caught that before. You need to start thinking in µw/m and not mw/m.

1 mw = 1000 µw.

Bioinitiative, the authority, states you should aim for less than 10 µw. You need to stop using any wireless devices within a day or two which is the longest it takes Amazon to deliver whatever adapters and cables you need to hardwire. You should only use your cell phone when you're out in public for urgent matters. At home and work you need all your internet activity wired, this is 100% non-negotiable. If your clients are used to texting then switch to a messaging app and use the desktop version on a hardwired computer. If you need help configuring your router to turn off its emissions either Drezy or I can walk you through the process.

Jamie S likes this.
  17. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

Yes, I was only planning on using it for night time. Thank you for the rec!

18. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

What do you think of this company that test their red lights for RF EMF?
    https://gembared.com/blogs/musings/...mf-electromagnetic-frequency-what-to-look-for

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

USA is the richest country in the world.
    But let's forget about the bottom half of its population (and all poor elsewhere).
    Instead, concentrate on what average Americans and up should be able to afford.
    And don't go too much up.

@Saichi, Please give the answer to this question and post the link where she can get it.
    upload_2020-1-6_9-4-15.png

Tfreeman likes this.
  20. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Looks priced equally to mitogen so long as they're honest about their claims should be fine. Paleo light, sun and fire, are never beamformed lasers like LEDs. I'm disgusted by the streetlamps making us sick so the only way I'd bring that type of light even in healthy frequencies is with a diffuser on it, haven't researched so wouldn't know the best kind though.

Tfreeman likes this.