1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help me brainstorm ways to recreate Vasper training

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Gambolputty, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Gambolputty

Gambolputty New Member

I was thinking that you could use gel ice packs on the torso and a Concept 2 rowing machine.

How would you get the upper arm / leg compression?

Also does Vasper use steady state training or some form of HIIT?

Also, is there any information on how Vasper training effects visceral fat? I am pretty lean except for a huge amount of hard visceral fat.

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

How about a blood pressure cuff? or those things they put on your legs after surgery?

3. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I haven't done vasper, but I have done swimming in 45 deg water and it is incredible. If you have access to water at those temps do some crawl, some breasttroke. You would not believe how hard it is to swim in the cold. Do that for a couple weeks and then swim in warmer water. You will be amazed. If you have access to cold water vasper is probably unnecessary to achieve excellent results.

AloniaC likes this.
  4. jayjha1@gmail.com

jayjha1@gmail.com New Member

hi - yes Vasper uses a 20 minute protocol

the first 9 minutes are warm up, then at minutes 11, 13, 15, 17, and 19 a HIIT training is performed

this is usually 30 seconds at a higher level, but sometimes they have me do 1 minute at a lower interval, and a 15 second at a very high interval