1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help gaining weight

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by BJK77, May 1, 2014.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I need some suggestions on how to gain weight. I understand why I'm losing - electron steal syndrome. I'm losing energy at a very rapid pace. I got that. I'm doing everything I can to gain them back: earthing every day, getting sun whenever possible, eating raw oysters, etc, etc. What else can I do in the meantime? I'm 5'6" and I'm down to 98 lbs. It's getting quite scary. It feels like the more I eat the more I lose right now. It doesn't help that I'm so limited in my diet.

My knee-jerk reaction is to pump up the carbs, but I know that's not the answer. I'm just getting quite scared and desperate. The last time I saw my doctor I was at 104 and he said if I lost any more he would put me in the hospital. Obviously that is the last place I need or want to go!

This is what I'm currently eating:

Breakfast
    8 oz ground beef
    40 gm raw beef fat
    seaweed, little zucchini sometimes
    2 oz beef liver

Lunch
    10-12 oysters
    avocado

Dinner
    Scallops or Shrimp

There really are no seasonal carbs in my area right now that I can eat. I can't increase my fat much beyond this - even the extra 40 gm of beef fat in the morning is causing me some issues. I don't digest fat well at all even with taking ox bile. My body creates and passes gallstones like crazy with the more fat I eat. Jack has said to eat even more fat to help the stones, but in me the exact opposite happens.

I do deal with histamine reactions and I have issues with high oxalate foods, so this really limits me.

Any suggestions at all? I NEED to put some weight on soon!

2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

The only advice I can think of is to try something you have not before. If you keep eating as you are and this is the result it continues to have you might need to mix it up. Your N=1 is unique and it is imperative your body start hanging onto some weight.

Can you get raw milk? Raw Cheese? What about nuts are there any you can tolerate? Would resistant starch help in your case....cooked cooled rice?

3. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

I am a "skinny" person. I have never been concerned about putting on weight. After almost 2 yrs Epi-paleo and a few trials I have "gained" weight. Since I don't own a scale the only way I know that is that pants that were loose are now not loose around the waist. I have not gained much subcutaneous fat determined by pinching. I feel that my abdomen has gotten larger due to hydration and modest protein intake. I do a few very modest body-weight exercises when I think of it to stimulate the collagen system.
    Consider that a quart of water = 2 lbs. Consider that EZ water has a higher density. I wouldn't be surprised that 5 pounds could be gained by proper binding of water to proteins/collagen. How much good water do you drink? Do you magnetize it? Jack's take on getting electrons and plugging electron loss seems to be the key for health dysfunctions and weight normalization.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    cantweight likes this.
  4. Jude

Jude Gold

Like the way you keep on going...all the best!

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Do you not drink coffee, BPC is an easy way to get extra fat. Maybe think back to what you were eating when you weren't losing weight, was there anything there that isn't too off the menu that you could experiment with? I can't remember what is in your journal but why did you start the reset, I presume you've investigated any possible health issues? It can be so difficult getting to the bottom of the why can't it?

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

BJ

take a look at Hemming's journal. he's working his way back to a normal weight from an ED and over exercising.... he's been doing a really good job trying to capture how do gain weight properly

also.... when we talk about weight gain - you want to gain muscles not fat... how about adding more raw foods in (as you can) as well as starting to do some BW exercises to build muscles... as well as maybe doing some movnat exercises...

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When your body reacts it is usually a mitochondrial problem......what occurs there? Electrons go in and protons come out. The electrons from food you can control.......but what comes out is 100% tied to your environment. What controls what comes out? The ideal functioning of the cytochrome proteins and water around the mitochondria.

What can change things in mitochondria? Two change programs......autophagy and apoptosis. Both require optimal sleep. If sleep is off change is not possible. If change is not possible it must force you to look at your environment WHY.