1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help. Cravings beating me down.

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by MamaGrok, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I thought that they used to have a melatonin test at Canary Club. I could not find it there.

2. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I used Canary Club for my 24hr salivary cortisol, but couldn't find the ASI & melatonin there.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you are growing......makes me smile!

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Hmm . . . I wonder if they don't offer it anymore. Someone (sorry, I forget who) posted a link to North Bay Diagnostics previously. It looks like you can order all of these tests through them as well: http://northbaydiagnostics.com/

5. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Great! Okay, I see melatonin, but not ASI. Is ASI just the 24 hr salivary cortisol?

6. It should be the same thing. It has different names from different labs. All you need is a cortisol measurement that is taken 4-6 times during the day/night.

7. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Yep. It's the same thing!

8. Andrés

Andrés New Member

9. diane

diane Gold

Andres, these are many of the things that we have been told by CW for a long time. I have tried many of them - they didn't work for me. I think it's important to get to the cause of the issue and distracting myself ain't gonna help.

10. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I agree; those are the behavioral steps you can use to distract yourself from cravings, but they only work for a while. When the cravings are bombarding you 24/7, you have to keep coming back to "no" to yourself constantly, and it destroys quality of life to keep avoiding the sugar.

His steps do work for some people with minor cravings.

But I've found that when my body is in balance, the cravings disappear entirely, and there is nothing to avoid at all. That's the place where I love to be. In fact, I'm there now, although I don't really have any explanation as to why I'm there now, but wasn't 6 weeks ago.

Of course, I'm still holding on to the water/bloat/fat weight gained during the three small indulgences of that time. Still have 9.5lb to lose.