1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Help. Cravings beating me down.

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by MamaGrok, Feb 4, 2013.

1. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Went searching for any connection between RT3 and cravings, & found this instead:

I highlighted my stuffs.

2. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I'm suddenly not seeing my avatar on any of my posts. It's still showing in my profile, though.

Are y'all still seeing it?

3. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Nope, no avatars for anyone except Jack & Gretchen.

4. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I miss mine b/c it was at the lake near to my place in Ottawa. September was probably what could be defined as optimal in all sense of the word which also included happiness.

5. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

MamaG, I stumbled upon an old book yesterday while looking for info on identifying food sensitivities and thought about you when I came to the section dealing with abnormal fatigue and extreme tiredness, especially when it occurs mid - late day. Apparently the book is in the public domain because, like I said, it’s an old one. It was written by a Dr. Arthur Coca and I found it at this website, just in case you’re interested and hadn’t heard about it before.
    http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020108.coca.pdf

6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Thanks! I will look at that!

Looking at an old book about NDT had gotten my hopes up so much, b/c so many of them had their fatigue & puffiness disappear when they hit 5 grains, and it never happened for me.

I'm not hitting the slump yet today (it's not 2:30 yet, but I do feel better than usual at this time). I worked hard today on getting my NDT in at 6, 8(waking), 11, & 12. I wonder if that helped, or if the d-rib is playing a role.

At the same time, my last bi tof carbs or dairy was 4 days ago, and the bloating and water retention isn't going down AT ALL. I still look 5mo pregnant & my thigh is still measuring AN INCH more than last week. Could that be the d-rib? I've *never* had it last this long after getting clean again.

7. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I will never do an all seafood day again.

I knew I shouldn't. I knew that every time I have seafood without land meat and/or land animal fat, I get crazy cravings. But I thought, it's a Friday during Lent; I should at least try.

I got hungry. Really hungry. True hunger, not cravings. I figured, true hunger, I can deal with that. It's part of the fasting.

Then like lightning, before I realized it, it turned into monster cravings. Before I knew it, I was at the store buying yog-raisins, dried fruit, & fudge, and eating it all in the garage.

I will never do an all seafood day again.

8. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Oh, and for clarification, I ate a POUND of wild salmon for breakfast, in at least 1/3C coconut oil. I was thoroughly full until 4, when the hunger started. At 5, all hell broke loose before I could even know what was happening.

9. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Are you working with a functional med doc? I know you did the gi effects but did anyone really help you interpret all the results? Just thinking that something is really amiss in your gut yet.

10. Fwiw, I can't do this either - when I go too heavy on the seafood and neglect the ruminants I end up starving and feeling miserable - always hungry as fast as it can get out of my tummy .

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

It's good to know it's not just my own brand of nuttiness. :)

Got bored last night. Made a YouTube video. Never shoulda learned how to upload, lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAvshiXM8RQ

Better than bingeing, anyway. Made me laugh.

12. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Nice voice!

13. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Cool!!! You sounded like you had lots of energy then, belting out the tunes! You go girl!

I feel your pain, regarding the binge. I hope you get to the bottom of this soon because you really had the craving beat.

14. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Well, it's been close to two weeks with no infractions. No carbs at all. My goal was to get to Easter, then add back in sweet potatoes & greens & small amounts of berries, very slowly. Update:

- No real cravings in over a week. I'm on close to two weeks sugar-free (dairy, carbs, etc., too).
    - Still very bloated. Legs still up 1", wrist still up. Weighed this morning - up 11.5lb from six weeks ago. It must be all water, b/c I really don't see fat anywhere. All water & bloat. Maybe a bit of fat on love handles.
    - Still off d-rib. Forgot DHEA the last three days. I'll add d-rib back in a few days or after bloating dies down, depending on what my gut says. I do fear d-rib contributes to cravings b/c of the sweet taste.
    - Getting eye twitches despite 3 Mg L-threonate in AM & 3 Mg Orotate in afternoon. ?! What?! Very disturbing. I haven't had these since addressing my malabsorption issues over a year ago. And I've never had them while actively taking Magnesium regularly.
    - Waiting for Cholacol ox bile to come in again. I really don't think the Nutricology is working for me like cholacol & Jarrow did.
    - Physically & mentally feeling MUCH better. The last week I have had sleepy hours each day, but no need to crawl and hide. Had one morning of snapping at everyone, the night after I forgot to turn the router off. Forgot again last night; we'l see what the morning brings.
    - NDT holding steady at 2-2.5 grains/day.

It really is wonderful being able to work every hour of a long, mentally trying day and at the end still have mental & physical energy to spare. Certainly there is still plenty of room for improvement, but wow, what a breath of fresh air. Of course, part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop, if this is yet another Hashi's attack - I hope and pray it isn't.

But my total results since beginning to implement the Mito Rx one supp at a time = 11.5lb gained. LOL.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Binge and ED and cravings are 100% caused by changes in ASI and melatonin..........if you think it is the Mito Rx stop them.........its yoru n=1. I bet you find youre wrong. There are other more likely culprits.........why? Because none of the supplements cause that problem..........its time for you to draw labs and draw yoru own new conclusions.

16. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

No, I don't really think the mito Rx did it. I was attempting humor through sarcasm. Must not have come through, sorry about that! I think it's water/bloating, which all started before the mito RX supp's, by just a little bit.

You mentioned Calcium as a potential problem (via agouti/NPY) in the past, and that correlated with my labs, so I was pretty surprised to see when I drew labs just 6 weeks ago that my Ca was high. Even though it's only been 6 weeks, I'm about to do more to check up on Prog, Estr, FT3, & RT3.

I want to get the ASI and melatonin panels, but feel like I'm chasing my tail trying to find who runs the tests. I went through all the notes I made inthe past about who gets them, and googled like mad, but keep getting dead ends, or very confusing, seemingly very complicated processes for ordering them through providers.

Anyone got any clues about how to order them?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

calcium and agouti are biggies.......and guess what causes both to rise highest? EMF and fake light. Both cause massive ASI and melatonin issues........

18. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Yes, I've been improving on both of those a lot in the last year. (Yet the cravings came back.) Our neighbors have all gone wifi in the last year, and I currently have 15 detectable wifi networks in my kitchen.

I continue to work on EMF reduction and to try to notice whether there are any differences when I forget to turn the wifi off when I'm done, and overnight.

So far, I think I'm seeing the crawl-into-a-corner feelings & headaches may be tied to nights I forget to turn off the router. It's a very interesting N=1,to be sure. It may turn into an N=7, as some of my children report occasional headaches, too.

19. diane

diane Gold

MG - I asked about cravings on the Q&A last week, and Dr. K recommended a tanning bed, based on where I lived and providing my Vitamin D levels are high enough. I am making the connection that long cycles with no access to the photons to the sun also impacts ASI, hence cravings.

20. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

MG,

Try ordering through Canary Club. If I remember right, I think that's where I ordered before I found a practitioner who did it.