1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Hilde, May 16, 2019.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Drezy thinks Jack refers to himself third person as a writing flourish sometimes.
    (Like I just did)

A very talented linguistics professor once said something, half jokingly, like "Don't bother trying to speak the Dutch language to the Dutch. They don't want to hear your attempts. They speak English. In fact they probably even speak English better than you."

Hilde, Lahelada and caroline like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just love that question so much - it makes me laugh!

I am pretty positive that Jack is answering these questions himself ....but he does refer to himself as Uncle Jack lately and Drezy is spot on!

I dunno - maybe he has a google assistant?

Don't ever, ever underestimate Jack - he is in complete control around here. He is a very busy man these days ...and he has a huge amount of stuff on his plate.

Keep asking questions Hilde .....that is how we all learn!

Have you read the thread that Jack posted? ......The importance of newbies.....

Hilde - you are very important ...thanks for being you and being here.

amanda elmgren, Hilde and Lahelada like this.
  3. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi all,

Autumn has arrived in the Netherlands :(
    Rain rain rain and thick clouds.......
    Me sitting in the rain with umbrella and boots on, starring at a grey sky.

These last days there was no visible sunrise and sunset where I live only grey sky, and
    I wonder if I will have any benefit from the sunset and sunrise when it is so overcast.
    It's so discouraging. I really mis the sun.

drezy likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

You will, as opposed to the light you get indoors.