1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Hilde, May 16, 2019.

1. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi all and (at this moment :) ) sunny greetings from the Netherlands.
    I am poking around here and in the work of Dr. Jack Kruse.
    Since a week I started more actively looking up the sun all day long, wearing blue blocking glasses etc.

At the moment I am still sucking up all the great info, but I already have a burning question.
    If sunlight is the most important thing, why are very regular dietary supplements (and not whole food) advised here? I find it very confusing. But maybe I don't quite understand because of the language problem?

2. Nickvdg

Nickvdg New Member

Hi Hilde, fellow Dutchie :)
    From what I think, is that when you are metabolically 'broken' and want to fix it,
    the natural ways are the most effective: block blue light at night, eat epi-paleo diet,
    avoid nnEMF, Cold Thermogenesis. However, certain pathways in the body (such as fat utilization as fuel)
    may have been deactivated for a pretty long time. so switching to a high fat diet may come
    with certain reactions in the body. Mineral depletion being one of them. The more you become
    adapted to the epi-paleo diet and cold (CT), the more your body will understand that it needs to open up
    the pathways that have been closed off for a long time. supplements can support the transition
    from going high carb, warmth adapted, blue light, EMF to the contrary.
    Be careful with supplements and read as much as possible about the best way to test your blood.
    certain supplements are most certainly necessary and can be dosed fairly well (e.g. Magnesium)
    This will prevent you from buying unnecessary supplements which may do more harm than good.
    so my advice is:
    start cooking Epi Paleo (with lots of quality seafood: mackarel is very cheap here in Netherlands)
    avoid blue light at night (now: after 8:00 pm)
    avoid nnEMF (shut off routers, hardwire your internet connection, put phone in airplane mode as much as possible)

These 3 are easy to implement and will give most benefit in the beginning.
    Keep reading the forum to get all details right.
    Good luck and keep us updated :)

ELLEN M. and Hilde like this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi and welcome Hilde......

where are you reading here about supplementing regularly with supplements?

4. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Nick,

Nice to meet you and thanks for your comment and advice.
    I will keep reading :)
    I am doing the Root Cause Protocol aka Magnesium Advocacy Group (Morley Robbins) for almost 2 years now.
    Eating high fat, Edit: I mean the good fats of course. low carb and as much as my ancestors did (as far as we know), like herring, mackarel, grass fed meat and beef liver etc
    Did regular blood tests like advised in the RCP and also HTMA.
    I am very aware of the dangers of supplementing. So I am taking whole food mostly.
    I do take magnesium chloride and malate, EDIT drinking my DIY magnesium water
    Donated blood twice.
    Sorry if I gave you the impression that I was advocating for supplements.

I have many reservations about the RCP.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Supplements were used in the past when the story was just unfurling. They are not recommended now.
    May I suggest watching the Vermont 2016/17 and 2018 videos. They will give you a good idea where we are now.
    Welcome !

Hilde and drezy like this.
  6. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Caroline,
    Thanks for welcoming me :)
    While reading on this forum I saw many threads about it.
    Do you want me to share theme here?

7. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Lahelada,
    That explains. Thanks!
    I have seen the 2018 Vermont video last week. Fabulous, loved it.
    Saw some podcasts and read some blogs by Jack Kruse.
    Certainly will watch the other videos!
    Because English is not my native (and best spoken) language it will take some time to digest all the info.
    Taking baby steps :)

amanda elmgren and caroline like this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

Any given forum member is roughly allowed to suggest what they want.

There are 5 metric tons of blogs over the years that can be used to cut through the extra fluff.

I personally appreciate all the perspectives. If someone with some condition sees some benefit from a particular supplement there is more information there for me.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    ELLEN M., Hilde and caroline like this.
  9. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Nick,

I am taking Rosita's CLO. Is this a part of the Epi-paleo diet?

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hilda ......As Dan has pointed out ....lots of forum members have an opinion about various things .

You would be wise to follow Dr. K's protocols exactly to get started here ..... He is always very specific.

Dr. Kruse is all about the three legged stool ....light, water and magnetism.

Have you read the getting started guides? The leptin RX? The C/T protocol?

Have your read Jack's book? The Epi-Paleo RX?

Have you read the other recommended books? Have you listened to all Jack's podcasts? read his blogs? watched his webinars?

drezy, Lahelada and Hilde like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

everyone has to do their own due diligence .......

12. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Caroline,
    I come from a forum where every thought that is outside the protocol, its the Root Cause Protocol, is being aswered white; "This nis not the RCP. period!"
    The way this forum is being runned is totally different. I like it that :)
    Yes I agree dat everybody has to do their own due diligence.

Tara.P likes this.
  13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

The only other thing I would suggest that you throw everything in a "Should I still think this" and read a lot here,listen to the podcasts etc. Success with your journey.

Hilde likes this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dr. K. encourages us all to think and examine for ourselves. If something is blatantly wrong he will absolutely correct in no uncertain terms!

Hilde likes this.
  15. Hilde

Hilde New Member

16. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Caroline,

This is what I meant.
    It's very confusing to me.
    This was written by @Jack Kruse a long time ago and still to be found on his website.
    Here imo he advocates for supplementation while as I understand correctly he learned through the years why not to supplemtent.

https://jackkruse.com/top-ten-paleo...o2RRPh8Ep5pm-vvzroXS9KYkZW8jxkAOEu3yHHAcWVrWo

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Hilde, you did not read that carefully........Jack did not say that. It said if you eat a paleo diet, a diet that does not really support the human brain ideally or reverse leptin resistance then and only then might you consider those supplements.

Jack has always been congruent when it comes to supplements because of the coupling effect of positive and negative feedback loops in biology.

Hilde and caroline like this.
  18. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Jack,

Okay, thanks for responding and clarification.
    I am struggling with English :(
    I will re-read it again then to let it sink in.

Another question.
    Are you Jack?
    I am asking because it sounds like somebody else is writing behalf of you?

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

LOL - I love that question! ^^^^

drezy and Saichi like this.
  20. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Caroline,

Can I ask you what question you are refering to?
    This?
    "Are you Jack?
    I am asking because it sounds like somebody else is writing behalf of you?"

If so why do you love that question?

drezy likes this.