1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello From the Corn Fields, Ohio!

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by CFAN, Mar 20, 2017.

1. CFAN

CFAN New Member

Hi!
    So excited to be here!

I have been battling with weight all my life. I have always been in the overweight category, but when the scale said 306, I knew it was time to change. I am a 28 year old female. I tried hardcore exercise at a gym with frustratingly little success, changing my general diet with little sticking power. I fell into the paleo diet with some recent wins, but I still felt like I had no energy. Searching through books online, I found and read Dr. Kruse's book and it was a slap upside the head. So much science! Yet... it seemed like it explained so much!

I am just starting my journey down the rabbit hole, and frankly have no clue how to start using this forum to my benefit (recommendations/help here?), but I am excited for this new path!
    caroline likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Silver

We are extremely efficient machine.
    Hardcore exercise can only hurt you. It is meaningless as a way to loose weight.
    When done indoor in the gym, it takes away precious outdoor time.

Fat is estrogenic.
    Fat promotes aromatase,
    aromatase promotes estrogen
    estrogen makes things grow, including more fat

Body fat can/should be used for energy.
    Body fat can be used for energy only if insulin,serum is low (2-3 range)
    If insulin is higher than that certain minimum, there is no way to use body fat for energy (even if you are hungry and tired).
    Time must pass to let glucose and insulin fall into levels low enough so use can be made of energy stored in body fat.
    Practically it takes 12 or even more hours from the last bite of last meal before there is some chance of starting process of using body fat for energy.

Note, people using supplemental insulin
    are (guaranteed) to not be able to loose weight.

So the easiest way is to eat within 8hrs window, have a first and last bite within 8hr window, and do not eat in other time (of 24hr period).

Next step is to eat just once/day
    Next step is to eat once EOD, Every Other Day.
    And so on.
    Depending of how badly one wants to loose weight.

On top of above foundation,
    come additions on the theme. CT is one of it. No carbs another one.

-----------------------
    Speaking of scale, you do not have to change religion,
    but may be interested in habits of
    Eastern Orthodox Catholics.
    (About 200 days a year of severely limited food intake).

///
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Hi CFAN,

Start a journal in the section I linked below:

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?forums/my-optimal-journal.17/

Please give a history - medical, family (especially maternal side), labs if you have them and what your goals are. What steps have you taken to change your habits and health?

There are many people here that will chime in once you provide some background.

I know the blogs seem overwhelming, but just get started and read, read, read. Don't forget to read the comments at the end of blogs as you can learn a lot from others' questions and the answers they received.
    caroline and CFAN like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome ..... listen to every single podcast several times at least.

read and start the leptin RX ...and the C/T RX....there are easy start guides.

what are you eating? drinking?

How is your sleep? libido?

where do you live? work?

This is doable...... get focused and take no prisoners!
  6. CFAN

CFAN New Member

I have started my journal, here is the link, https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/my-new-start-here-is-my-journal.19267/
    fitness@home likes this.