1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello from Switzerland and a mtDNA question

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Bic, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Bic

Bic New Member

Hi,
    My name is Bic and I am a Texas boy living in Lucerne, Switzerland. I have been lurking the site since April of this year.I have tried to soak up much of the information here and have watched many of Dr Kruse's youtube videos. I have taken a lot of sun since then and dipped my toes into CT. I have MS (diagnosed 2011) and ITP (immune). I have been busy gathering up the information required to start a journal. I have a round of doctor appointments in the next few weeks so I hope to get some meaningful data to post here for members to utilize to help me conquer MS.
    I was gifted an Ancestry DNA kit th Screenshot 2017-09-25 20.00.29.jpg Screenshot 2017-09-25 20.29.48.jpg is Summer and I have the results. I have two variants of the MTHFR gene. It was not apparent to me as to what my haplotype is and after doing some Googling I uploaded my Ancestry data to WeGene and the result is L1'2'3'4'5'6. I am not sure what this means and I am asking for some help here. Here is the screenshot from the WeGene site.

Screenshot 2017-09-25 20.00.29.jpg

I am 56 years old. 186 cm tall and weigh 120 kilos. My maternal grandmother died at age 77 from complications from a stroke and had dementia for several years prior to her death. My mother died a prolonged death, being bedridden for 7 years before her death. The diagnosis being
    Shy-Drager syndrome.
    My current treatment for MS is 900 mg Rituximab every 26 weeks. I am due for treatment next Tuesday, October 3 and will have some blood tests the day before and hope to post those results here on the forum. I also have an appointment with an Endocrinoligist later in October related to my tendency towards diabetes.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and feel free to chime in if you have any information to add.

Bic

2. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Welcome Bic.

I will be following this thread as I have a workmate who has MS. He has a medical note so that he no longer has to do night shifts. Unfortunately his work still keeps him indoors under fluorescent lighting and surrounded by computers and wireless. He tries to get as much sunlight as possible but the work environment is taking its toll. Probably not a coincidence that he was diagnosed shortly after buying a 3 story building in the middle of the central business district and lives in it - more nnEMF to deal with.

All the best in your quest to get optimal.

3. Bic

Bic New Member

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention I am the IT guy at a school with 70 wifi access points and a cell phone tower on the top pf the building. Florescent lights from the 1970s in my office.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

With that story you must exit south to remedy your autoimmunity conundrum

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome.......

6. Bic

Bic New Member

Got some labs to post. Sorry, they are in German. Of note to me is that pretty much all of the labs are improved over the last several months. The labs show the values of 4 tests from March until now.
    Vitamin D is up significantly with little to no supplementation, just glorious sunshine.

Any advice appreciated.

Labs from the Endocrinologist are still a few weeks out

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017