1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello from Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Alan Hall, Jul 14, 2019 at 6:06 AM.

1. Alan Hall

Alan Hall New Member

Hello everyone,
    I’m 46 and here because I’ve been looking for reasons why I had detached retina at the age of 41.
    My surgeon saying “it’s just one of those things” wasn’t good enough for me.
    I had a previous trauma to the eye and noticed my vision gradually deteriorating. I thought the detachment was because of the trauma and aging.
    I have a cataract in the damaged eye and don’t want to go through the procedure to have it removed and the lens replaced.

I now believe the reason was poor diet -thinking I needed carbs for my sport, blue light toxicity - from working indoors at a PC and a lot of iPhone screen time; and pretty much constant wearing of sunglasses - I know, in a country that gets very little sun... crazy!
    I now get natural light at every opportunity- some people accuse me of using sunbeds and am finding my vision is improving!
    I’m so grateful for the help and advice given freely by Dr Jack Kruse.
    I listen to him at every opportunity and have read a lot of the books he recommends.
    He deserves a lot more recognition than he receives.
    Thanks Dr Kruse.

Ed Pomicter and caroline like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Alan and welcome.

Please start a journal in the optimal journal section so we can follow your journey.

Great progress!