1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello From Montana

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by XCSKIER13, Apr 2, 2020.

1. XCSKIER13

XCSKIER13 New Member

I began in December reading the blog, listening to podcasts with Dr. Jack Kruse, and trying to learn how to improve my mitochondrial function. I have had poor sleep and troubling memory issues for 15+ years. I've tried many avenues to heal my self but have come up empty and I now know why as my redox is super poor (BUN:CREATINE=21:0.74) and potassium is low.

I'm 57 and have been in menopause for 6 years. I am 5'1" and now weigh 88 pounds. When I began the leptin rx I weighed 95 pounds.

For last year I have primarily eaten protein and fat but little seafood. In January I began working on the Leptin Rx. (the timing of meals). In February, I began trying to get more sun particularily sunrise; however, Montana many mornings are too cloudy to see the sun. I'm really working on 30 minutes at sunrise + has much AM sun as I can get as the days lengthen. I'm looking forward to warmer days so I can shed some clothing.

In mid January, I start doing CT with face dunking. I did this for about a month and then began doing CT in the bath tub. I started at 5 minutes and gradually increased to 15 minutes. I had difficult time warming up afterwards and shivered for quite awile. After about 3 weeks, I started to have increased heart palpitations (pounding heart) and my sleep got worse. I then stopped and it has been about 3 weeks since doing CT and my heart palpitations continue and I can feel the cortisol increasing toward late afternoon. I am wondering if my body thinks it is starving. I feel satiated when eating the epi-paleo diet with the circadian timing but I continue to have a coritsol response. I'm hopeful that I can find some answers to improve my health and turn towards a more optimal direction by addressing my mitochondrial weaknesses.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome...

XCSKIER13 likes this.
  3. Hi there. I'm a neighbor to the north of you. In another month we will start to get more heat and sun in the mornings! For me that was the key to get my circadian rhythm set. Make sure you get the sunrise everyday. More melatonin ... more sleep. Are you wearing blue blockers and avoiding artifical light after sunset? Good luck.

Alex97232 likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are we allowed to go to the ocean if we are observing social isolation?
    On the news this morning ...a guy went out jogging and then stopped to buy a take away kebab. He was fined $1000.00. That doesn’t seem right???
    We are in Wollongong right now as the Ruby Princess is docking at Port.

5. Novah

Novah Gold

Seems like you might be getting way too thin? Just remember, if you get too thin, body processes are going to start shutting down.

6. Anne V

Anne V Silver

yep seems quite wrong!
    i do not know where Wollongong is
    how far is it from your home?
    i need help with my geography:confused::rofl:

7. Anne V

Anne V Silver

ok south of Sydney where are you going ???
    Queensland?
    if so a wee way away :) xoxo

8. https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

I agree with Novah. You might want to use a macro calculator like the one above to make sure you’re eating enough fat. Put out a whole day or weeks worth of fat and make sure you’re crushing it all. Good luck!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

900K ....we live on the ocean - almost at the Queensland border.

10. LillianVaughanws

LillianVaughanws New Member

Welcome everybody!