1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello from MN, adrenal tumor & possible Lyme....

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by ChristinaF., Jan 8, 2019.

1. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. New Member

Hello,
    I'm new here and willing to learn anything to help my health. I'm a 45yo mother of 9 children and happily married to my husband of 26 years. My problems started over a year and a half ago when a PA prescribed me too much Naturthroid. I had rapid erratic heart rate and some very strange neuro symptoms along with crazy bad anxiety that I can't even describe and no sleep for 3 weeks. I ended up in the ER where they took me off the thyroid stuff and gave me ativan to calm my body down. My TSH at that time was .02. I was fine for about a month and then it all came back (without taking any thyroid meds). Since then they have been trying to figure out whats wrong with me. One Dr. put me on Metoprolol for the erratic heart rate. Sometimes it was 140 while resting. They found a tumor on my adrenal gland that they think is an adenoma. However, my DHEAs was 449 for a time (scan showed no PCOS). It should have been 244 tops. It is now 290. Even with high DHEAs my estrogen, progesterone, are below normal. FSH is normal and nonmenopause. My morning cortisol is 8.4, ACTH is 17. My thyroid numbers are all back to normal. Cortisone is at high end of normal along with insulin. I'm overweight and can't lose it, so I'm thinking leptin resistance from what I've read here. I have many signs of "adrenal fatigue" although I've often thought along this road that it's coming from my brain. I have weird headaches that I've never had before and if my body goes into flight and fight it can't be turned off. I cleaned up my diet the best I knew how...low complex carb with quality fats and protein and lots of veggies. That has taken care of the sypmtoms of reactive hypoglycemia I was dealing with everyday. I've also been taking progesterone cream part of each month and methylated B vitamins. I can now sleep most of the time as long as I stay on the Metoprolol; although sometimes I still get andrenaline rushes at night or when I drive. Besides seeing my regular PCP I have also seen an endocrinologist and 2 naturopaths and an MD in Romania. The naturopaths and the Dr. in Europe all told me they think I have neuro and cardiac borreliosis (Lyme disease). My IGM is positive, but the Western Blot keeps coming back as "uninterpretable" and then they ask for a new specimen. I'm better than I was, but my symptoms change a lot. I'm still sick and tired of being sick. I need help getting the rest of the way better. We have spent SO much trying to figure this out and the Dr. now wants to have me do a cardiac stress test with echo and another holter monitor. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll do anything to get better. Thanks! :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Hello fellow Minnesotan

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need a real human avatar of you. FORUM rule.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. New Member

Oops! Sorry, Dr. K. That's my son as I couldn't find an existing photo of me on the computer. I will fix it. :)

6. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. New Member

Hello!!! Looks like we may have more in common than just where we live. How are you getting sunlight these days?

7. I could stand to do a lot better. I work during most of our daylight hours during the week. I catch about 10 minutes of the sunrise most days, and during the weekdays I walk the office dog a few times a day as minimally clothed as possible. I drive my car with the windows and sun roof open the last few weeks with as warm as its been. Weekends I play outside with my daughter, go on walks or even just take 10 minute breaks barefoot in my back yard.