1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello from Michigan (and newbie questions)

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Krysten Voss, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Krysten Voss

Krysten Voss New Member

Greetings from Grand Rapids, Michigan!

I am a new Bronze club member. I was just introduced to Dr. Kruse's material a few days ago when a friend sent me the 2017 Nourish Vermont talk on YouTube.

I would like to start making some immediate changes in my life, including waking up earlier to get out into the a.m. sun, protecting myself from blue light and doing some DNA testing to determine my optimal place to live.

Here are my questions:

Many of the slides in the 2017 Nourish Vermont talk were very blurry and hard to read... I wasn't able to make out the hours on the chart showing the sun's rays at different times of day...
    - What are the times in the morning during which it is best to be nude in the sun and to take in the red light?
    - And at what time of day do we need to start protecting ourselves with blue-blocking glasses?

In the 2017 Nourish Vermont talk Jack mentions using 23andme to do find out one's haplotype, 677, 1298, CDS and VDR in order to find out what area you're optimized to...
    - When he says haplotype is he referring to haplogroup?
    - Is there a specific reason he recommends 23andme over the other DNA testing companies? When I researched the various DNA testing companies, I found that FamilyTreeDNA offers a more comprehensive mtDNA test than that of 23andme.

I have a Sunlighten full spectrum infrared sauna... does this mean that I am taking in Infrared-A when I am using the sauna?

Thank you and I welcome any other tips/advice for newcomers :)

enyaw and Annemarie Heise like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome

1. sunrise through the first hour
    2. sunset or anytime time in fake light during day
    3. yes
    4. no
    5. check sauna with a spectroscope to be sure

3. Krysten Voss

Krysten Voss New Member

Thank you for the clarification!

Got my DNA results ~ According to my data below, which geographic area would I be optimized to live in?

Haplogroup: H10f
    HVR1: 16093C, 16519C
    HVR2: 263G, 309.1C, 315.1C
    Coding Region: 750G, 1438G, 1842G, 4769G, 8860G, 9632G, 14470A, 15326G

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Krysten......