1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello From Adelaide, Australia

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by BenJenkins, Apr 28, 2021.

1. BenJenkins

BenJenkins New Member

Hi All, Just thought I'd introduce myself and say Hi :)

I've been following Jacks work since 2015 and have been lurking around this site on and off, I have a few questions so thought I'd register.

I'm looking forward to participating :)

Thanks

Ben

Christine Renner likes this.
  2. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

Hi Ben, welcome along.

3. BenJenkins

BenJenkins New Member

Thanks Richard

Richard Watson likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Ben and welcome...

Any thoughts on Bitcoin and how to manage it here in Australia?????

5. Chantelle

Chantelle Silver

Hey Ben,
    Fellow Adelaidian here!

6. BenJenkins

BenJenkins New Member

Hey Chantelle, good to see a local :)

Hi Caroline, In terms of buying and selling I've either used BTC markets or CoinSpot (the latter a little more expensive but have more coins for trade). I don't currently own a significant amount of BTC but I've had some money parked in ADA (Cardano) for a few years, they seem to have a good platform and solid vision for the future. If you're interested I'd recommend having a look at some of the video's from Charles Hoskinson (Cardano's founder).

My wife has recently got into crypto trading and she has been buying LTC locally on BTC markets and then transferring to her Binance account which has a wide variety of coins to trade.

Chantelle likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am interested in tax implications ......

8. BenJenkins

BenJenkins New Member

I'm fairly certain it is taxed in Australia like any other asset, in the same way that if you were trading shares.

caroline likes this.