1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Butters, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm a 23-year-old student from Germany and have been linked to the Paleo/Low-Carb community for 2 years now.

One week ago I stumbled over the blog and since then I had so many aha-moments, it's unbelievable.

I'm studying sports science, so the weight is not my problem, but i'm very interested in the whole CT- and Performance-Thing and longevity. Plus seasonal-eating makes perfect sense to me.

I don't want to feel cold in winter anymore, be sick or weak now and in future and make the best out of my genes. So I start right now.

Greetings form the country of bread and potatoes ;)

2. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Hello Butters, I imagine you're going to be blown over by all the stuff in here. I have been around a couple of months and there is just so much to take in that I am never going to get through it. It is great to be among like minded people who don't laugh at the way you choose to live or mutter under their breath that you're strange or just plain mad :) and who have been there and tried "it" and are willing to feed back on the good and the bad. I hope you stick around and tell us about your experiences.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome.............Bread butter and beer.........not good. ;)

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome Butters! It is so wonderful to be able to embrace the cold. I never liked being cold, but I have found that I adapted to CT fairly rapidly. I used to fear getting cold, even if it wasn't freezing outside. Like I knew I would never be able to rewarm myself. I feel real freedom now.

5. Butters

Butters New Member

Forgot the beer...not a huge fan of it but I eat pure butter instead. It drives my friends crazy, when I do this :D

I'm excited where this journey leads to. The whole thing is like a big giant playground. First thing I noticed after one week using only cold water for showers, and a little face-donking, is that my skin quality improved drastically. I have had unclear skin since puberty, but now there light. It's amazing. Paleo alone could not solve this problem.

I hope it won't be so difficult to cold adapt with 10-12% bodyfat. Is there special info on the blog for lean/athletic persons?
    I'm sorry if my english isn't so good.

6. Hemming

Hemming New Member

If you don't have any major issues to solve you can use the post leptin prescription.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Butters! .... and welcome. It would be great if you could start a journal so we can get to know you and follow your journey. It also gives Dr. Kruse some context so he can offer suggestions etc. Just click on forum at the top of the page and scroll down 5 categories to optimal reset and journals.

Have you had a chance to listen to the podcasts yet? they are on the home page. It is a quick way to get heaps of information.

There is a new bootcamp starting - Heal your hormones ... with Dr. Tim Jackson. There is a free webinar you can listen to - also on the home page.

Keep reading and asking questions! :)

8. Butters

Butters New Member

I'm glad I've got so many answers.

I read the post leptin prescription last night. Very interesting stuff. The only thing I'm not used to is having breakfast as soon as I wake up. I've been practicing intermittend fasting for 1 year and I'm absolutly not hungry in the morning hours. I eat mostly two meals (lunch & dinner), sometimes one big meal in the evening, if I haven't time or perfect food isn't available. Plus I don't understand how breakfast fits in mother nature's plan of beginning the day with the searching for food.

A journal would be a good idea, improving my english is always good.
    I had have a chance to listen to the podcasts yet. In fact, I've listened to most of them already. Like the one with Ben Greenfield.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Your English is fine ..... I look forward to your journal ...:)

10. Frankie L

Frankie L New Member

Hi Butters,
    I'm new here too, (from Toronto, Canada) and look forward to hearing about your journey. I too have had a long one myself; I've got lots of info about cancer as I am in remission! So much of Dr. Kruse's message rings true in the treatment for cancer as well. Resetting our master switch is step one.

11. Butters

Butters New Member

Is the "Heal your hormones" webinar still available? The link doesn't work.

12. smart cat

smart cat New Member

Hi Butters,

welcome on the forum. :)

Nice to meet another German Kruse-"student" from Germany. I follow Dr Kruse since his start in 2011. And I am in the German Facebook-Paleo/Primal groups.

Where do you live? I live in Berlin.

Berlin has a Paleo Restaurant (Sauvage) with delicious food and I have great training opportunities : Ido Portal (too expensive for me), Frank Schönig, Joseph Bartz. :)

I want to do more CT than just cold showers. I don't have a tub, but there are lakes in Berlin's forests and with a temperature of 5 degree Celsius I should start going outside. Brrrr. :-(

I just tried to connect to the Hormone podcast . It didn't work . I got this message

Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet werden kann.

Dieses Problem kann manchmal auftreten, wenn Cookies deaktiviert oder abgelehnt werden.

Fortunately I already downloaded the Q & A. Really great info. You should not miss it.

13. Inger

Inger Silver

Welcome Butters! And Smart Cat too! Wow love to have some Germans here... I lived for 10 years in Hamburg and I LOVED it! I am dreaming about moving back one day... maybe next year. Outside the city for sure. IDK I always loved the German mentality :)

Yeah... CT outside, it is the best! Lakes.. rivers... anything! I CTed without even knowing it in a river outside from Hamburg when I lived there... I was addicted. You do not need to be in for so long, at least not in the beginning - just a few minutes and it will do you so good!

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sometimes I get an error message like that and then I try again....seems to work!

At the bottom of this page is a "contact us" spot - just ask for help!

15. Butters

Butters New Member

@ smart cat

I'm living right next to you in Potsdam.

Which Q&A did you download? Can't find it...

Do you know where I can purchase some bluelightblockers in germany? They seem to be so expensive here...

16. smart cat

smart cat New Member

17. smart cat

smart cat New Member

Inger it would be nice to meet you in Germany. I read your journals and I like it. You have come a long way. :)

I hope there are some more Germans here. Not many people know Jack Kruse in Germany.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

My Dad was Austrian ..... does that count???

19. smart cat

smart cat New Member

Of course yes. ;-)

Btw.: Frederick Austerlitz' father , Friedrich Emanuel Austerlitz, was born in Linz, Austria.
    For his career Frederick changed his name to "Fred Astaire".