1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

heavy bleeding in perimenopause- help!!

Discussion in 'Female Quantum Biology' started by taiyang, Jan 27, 2018.

1. taiyang

taiyang New Member

I have had heavy menstrual bleeding leading at times to iron deficiency anemia since age 42 (I am now 52 yo). i have controlled it with taking supplemental iron at times and taking aleve to cut down on heavy flow about 3 times a month. now that i am closer to menopause, i am having irregular periods and bleeding for like 2 weeks straight. i am going to make an appointment with my ob/gyn as soon as possible. i know what she will do- she knows i don't want the usual remedies like an uterine ablation/mirena iud/hysterectomy, so she will give me a hormone pill, which i also don't like. but since i am either on my way or already in an anemic state again, i will take the pill unless anyone has other suggestions. i don't want to take aleve every day as that has its own risks. searching the forums, all i found was one post that said:
    "N-acetylcysteine
    Calcium D-Glucarate
    Pregnenolone 50 mg
    These latter 3 have helped me completely cure my heavy bleeding (menorrhagia)."

2. Penny

Penny New Member

I used to bleed like a stuck pig... I mean it was ridiculous - so I went to the OB/GYN for what you are describing and while there, they took an x-ray - the x-ray teck uttered those magic words "I have no attachment to my uteris" and there it was... all of a sudden I had no attachment to mine either... so I asked the doctor if she could take it out - she said yes - then I asked her if she could take it out by Friday because my insurance was about to end - she checked, there was an operating room on Wednesday - I checked in, she took out just the uteris and left the ovaries - keep your ovaries - I brought Harry Potter book 7 to the hospital, I read it and walked out the next day - I don't even think that was legal - it became my new religion - it was the most freeing thing in the world for me - I'm a swimmer so you can imagine what a pain in the ass it was - I don't know where you live or how your health is, but I seem to do fine having surgery - recently I read the Cortisol post and the DHEA post and it was another eureka moment for me - I started experimenting with DHEA vaginally - I just use this expired DHEA PLUS from Life-flo and it has been amazing - I mean brain fog gone - so much more energy - as for sleep, I use a dab of progestrone cream - I don't even think it matters which one you use - all of a sudden I can remember my dreams - sleep is so much better - by the time you're my age (59), I don't think we're making anything - if you put the DHEA in your vagina rather than on your wrists etc, it will make however much of estrogen/testosterone you need - you can do between 3mg and 12 and it seems like you get the same result - there is a youtube video from I think it's ZRT labs where they chat about it - I also just bought some pregnenolone - but they give you 50 mg - I have read the dose should be like 2 mg and you should only do it for 5 days straight before taking a "hormone holiday" - Ray Sahelian writes a lot about it - I'm going to have lots of fun trying to not overdo it on a 50mg capsule - the other thing that has been very cool lately is salt - in fact, I'm hacking an Ayuvardic black salt at the moment that has sulfur in it - needless to say, it's a tough hack... :) Just my 2 cents - I also put the DHEA cream on my face - it's all in the blogs - just read one a day -

3. taiyang

taiyang New Member

thanks for writing penny, i appreciate it.