1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HEART DISEASE PICK UPS AT KLC

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

After doing many in-depth workups this year at Kruse Longevity Center we referred 5 of our patients for CAC studies and so far we are batting 100% on our diagnostic acumen. You need to hire doctors who can pack your parachute. Your life depends upon it. The CAC is the best test for cardiac risk because it is highly sensitive and predictive for cardiac mortality. https://www.nextavenue.org/artery-screening-heart-disease/

JanSz likes this.
  2. Huck

Huck Silver

Try convincing a cardiologist of that. Every cardiologist I talked to, discouraged me from getting either a cac or a CIMT. I finally had a CIMT done without a doctor's referral.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

In Denville NJ CAC cost me $95

drezy likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You don't need to convince them.......go get it yourself.

What is wrong with people? The test can be done at an imaging center......no prescriber needed. Get off your duff and do some homework.

JanSz and drezy like this.
  5. Huck

Huck Silver

Why assume things I didn't say?

I did the research. I opted for a CIMT instead of a CAC because I had already had an MRI, a CT scan, and a chest x-ray to avoid the additional radiation from a CAC. Some consider the CIMT to be a better tool than CAC, as long as it is done in a consistent manner so it can be replicated. I had mine done by a national company that performs them at doctor's offices around the country. All the techs are trained to the same standard, so my next CIMT should show whether my plaque has increased, decreased, or stayed the same.

I called every imaging center around here and none even knew what a CAC was, much less performed it. The closest one I found that would do it without a prescription was 3+ hours from me. I would say I did my homework.

The problem is that all cardiologists I discussed it with discouraged me from getting one and didn't want to look at it even if I got it on your own. And this was at 2 large university hospitals, one highly ranked for cardiology in US. I asked 4 different cardiologists about getting a CAC or CIMT and every single one said it was not needed.

There is a limit to how much a patient can push. I walked away from several cardiologists before settling on the one I trusted to perform my TAVR, but even he discouraged me from getting a CAC or CIMT. Of course when they performed the cardiac catheterization, they found 2 arteries that had very high levels of blockage.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    NDC74 and JanSz like this.