1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Headphones at night responsible for bad sleep?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Butters, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Last night I had a horrible sleep. This is untypical for me. I used headphones for quite a time this night and before go asleep too.
    Today I thought about that Michael Jackson post in the EMF-Series and the sleep apnea...
    Could it be that a exposure over just a evening is responsible for a bad sleep?

I loaded a EMF-Meter app for my mobile phone and checked between the speakers of my headphones. There were fields up to 11000 mG!

Please give me a wink if this could be.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Frying your brains o_O.

Seriously best not to use the headphones, especially if you are falling asleep in them.

Martin likes this.
  3. Martin

Martin Gold

Bad idea. Headphones are electro-mechanically constructed and your measurement is telling you to avoid them.

NSH

4. Butters

Butters New Member

Yeah, i know now. Was really shocked. That is the strongest field i ever measured and so close to my head. But i want to know if it can be that this One Event disturbed my sleep so much.

5. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Light and this kind of nn-EMF suppress melatonin production immediately. You have to have melatonin at night to sleep properly.
    If you had been trying to sleep with a bright flashlight shining in your face, would it then surprise you that "one event" disturbed your sleep that much?
    This is no different. You just can't see it so you have a harder time believing it. But your meter gave you the answer.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. Butters

Butters New Member

Oh,ok. This is a good analogy. No wonder why the blublockers dont work.

7. av8r

av8r New Member

A pair of ear phones plugged into a laptop with a 50hz test tone at 50% volume. Yikes!
    2014-11-26 15 23 56.jpg

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jesus.........this should be freaking intuitive by now...........still shaking my head.

shah78 likes this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

Land line phone is not much better.

The boyfriend calls me every evening at around 8 PM at my land line and we talk for 1-2 hours... so funny to talk to him. I thought land line is way better than cellphone... but somehow it bothered me and felt weirder the longer I talked. Day by day i hated that feeling more that i got from holding the phone to my head. A wired one of course. I then measured it with my trimeter and I got pretty shocked! It is not good at all. No more long talks on the phone for me, thank you :confused:. No wonder my sleep has been no good last 2 nights... :rolleyes:

Helio Silva likes this.
  10. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

A wired speakerphone probably best option

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes Neil... I have used the speakers too a bit but they are not so great sadly
    there might be better speaker phones to buy, might need to look into one.
    But I am about to move soon anyways I think and then I can speak with the boyfriend in person... way better :) :) :)

12. Butters

Butters New Member

So switching to air tubes?

13. Butters

Butters New Member

So Im again coming to this thread, because I take measurements again. And I tested headphones with a meter on my laptop and on my guitar effect pedal ( with batteries) and there is no EMF coming out.
    Maybe my measurements from the past are wrong, because this was a phone app.
    My laptop is grounded through the plug, maybe that is a difference, but that only should affect electric fields.
    I get strong signals when I move the earphones or the device in between, but also unplugged.

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

What do you measure with?

15. Butters

Butters New Member

ESI-24 from Bernhard Liebl

I checked my wired phone, too. And the magnetic field goes through the roof on the speaker even with no movement. So the measurement device must doing something right.
    It seems phone calls at night would to more harm than my headphones on a laptop!
    That also shows one time more that one must measure everything as n=1.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I've been saying it for years.......

How long will it take to adapt to this information?

17. Solkysset

Solkysset New Member

Yeah, go for air-tubes; the radiation should be alot less. The inverse-square law is your friend so use speakers more that air-tubes.