1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HCG/CT/FAT - what are you doing and what are your results

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by mumone, Apr 15, 2012.

1. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Good for you Colleen! I can't wait to see how things change for you when you make the switch to no-fat. Are you going to keep up the CT'ing or go straight protocol?

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I will keep the CT at least for a few days. If it's impeding the losses, I'll stop it though.

3. AndreaC

AndreaC New Member

The cocoa I was eating was cocoa powder. Hershey's, Drost, Trader Joe's. Any brand I could get, haha. I love that stuff.

I'm now on the reset, tons of meat, bulletproof coffee (omg its so good!), coconut oil.

Sorry to hear it didn't work Colleen. HCG with coconut oil sounded like a dream come true.

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I thought HCG with heavy cream sounded like a dream come true. LOL

5. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Sorry to hear that. I'm right there with you. I lost 5 lbs and today is day 27 (that is not including loading weight). I am doing my interruption for this weekend and will get back to hcg on Monday and vlc. Will Monday then count as day 28? I will not be doing CT or fats of any kind. I need the break though. I'm not hungry, but I've been just nibbling on foods the last couple of days because I need to taste something different than p2 foods. I think the interruption will be just what I need.

6. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

how does one go about handling an interruption...i'm on day 25 and NEXT sat (The 19th) my husband's family is coming to town and wants to go to dinner. i'm trying to keep the hcg to myself as i dont care about others opinions on it. Should i plan the dinner as interruption? if so, what do it do?

sigh...another dinner tonight i have to attend...its a steakhouse so hopefully i can get a filet cooked with no butter or oil or maybe they'll have shrimp cocktail.

7. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

meggs, it's not worth an interruption unless you're going to be eating off protocol at least 4 days. Otherwise just deal with the cheat. You will recover faster. :)

Claudia, yes Monday will count as day 28.

8. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Pounds and Inches seems to indicate that if you have a job where you are eating out and must cheat, it's not fatal but if you have a lot of obligations like that, it's best to stop and try again when there aren't so many social occasions.

Persons in high official positions such as embassy personnel, politicians, senior executives, etc., who are obliged to attend social functions to which they cannot bring their meager meal must be told beforehand that an official

dinner will cost them the loss of about three days treatment, however careful they are and in spite of a friendly and would-be cooperative host. We generally advise them to avoid all around embarrassment, the almost inevitable turn of conversation to their weight problem and the outpouring of lay counsel from their table partners by not letting it be known that they are under treatment. They should take dainty servings of everything, bide what they can under the cutlery and book the gain which may take three days to get rid of as one of the sacrifices which their profession entails. Allowing three days for their correction, such incidents do not jeopardize the treatment, provided they do not occur all too frequently in which case treatment should be postponed to a socially more peaceful season.

9. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I would be afraid to eat coconut oil on P2 for fear of not stabilizing. Many hcg doctors think fat derails the pathway to the hypothalamus. All I know is I see a LOT of those folks back on the forum after regaining their weight. I'm not sure if it's the fat issue or the fact that they didn't really learn anything about discipline in their round. The only reason I tried fat this time was that I hoped CT would fix the problem with eating fats on hcg. It didn't. :( So I'll eat clean the rest of the round and hope to stabilize.

10. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

good to know - it would be one meal....hoping i can work to push it back a week or 2 when i am in P3. Expecting to be done may 25th (i think, gotta double check my math!)

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Awesome! You'll be ending about the same time as me. I have to make a trip to Nashville to my publishing house the 24th.

12. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

hows it going for you now - you removed fat right? hoping the rest of the round goes smoothly for you!

i do miss social occasions - date nights with the hubby are harder although we are saving a lot of money which i know he appreciates! if i do it in the future, i know i will schedule my round a few weeks earlier - april is generally a low social month - no bdays, anniversaries, work commitments, trips etc...it's trickier in may! i'm def seeing a difference but it took a couple of weeks for me which is why i extended to a long round. i'm think i'll be right about where i want to be at the end of the round. i have some back up hcg in the fridge in case i decide to do a short round in the fall before my friends wedding.

hcg vials (unmixed) should be kept in the fridge correct? or should they be in the freezer?

13. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I started yesterday. Lost 2 pounds this morning. :)

Keep your hcg in the fridge and it will last for about 2 years.

14. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

who hoo! 2 pounds! already doing better! wow

15. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Doing NORMAL now. That's what was so disturbing. I know full well what kind of losses I should have in the first week and they never materialized. :(

16. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

well i'm losing but its been slow. however, i dont think i'm too terribly off target so its progress! 3 pounds this week total. although i have been biking, doing yoga, walking (5 miles), etc...so wondering if i lost more fat but gained muscle (since i keep my protein intake high). i didnt measure though just weighed.

i upped my cytomel - we'll see if that helps anything. colleen - how did you determine (or how did dzugan determine) HC was a good choice for you? did you have adrenal fatigue? the cytomel worked ok for the morning, but i was sooooooo sleepy last night. if it keeps up, it makes me wonder if im still having adrenal issues....i was thinking upping the armour (t3 and t4) might have been better, although i think having to conver t4-->t3 could just stress the adrenal's more (i have room to go up in both t3 and t4 levels, but my dr wanted to just increase cytomel)...

17. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I had adrenal fatigue. He could tell by my blood work. Cytomel doesn't normally make you sleepy. Progesterone can.

18. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

yeah i am sure i have adrenal fatigue, have for a long while...been trying adaptogens but they havent really done much...i'm going to give this new dose a several days and if it continues call and ask for a very low dose of hc to see if there is any difference.

glad your adrenal fatigue is better!

19. Hello everyone. I am having a slow round, and it is number 5.

Until Jan, I had regained most of my weight of previous rounds back, then I found LRx and later CT. I am on day 11, and have 24lbs left til goal, which is 20lbs higher than I weighed 10yrs ago.

I plan on staying on my round until then, and am hoping that it need not be too much longer than 50days. I am not a fan of breaking protocol!

Therefore I had a question to Colleen, or anyone else who would like to give opinions, if instead of an interruption, I do a day of super high fat(coconut oil, bacon, HWC, hamburger etc), like a reload, around the 25day mark.

I know by this time I will feel dried up, and should be hitting TOM. I understand it might set me back a few days, as would an interruption...72hrs plus the interruption time. I think a day would suffice for me.

Anyone do this, or hear good/bad results from this? I sure dont want to blow the round, and I have no problem being strict at all. Especially after for the last 4 weeks.

Thank you so much and Hope you all had a Happy Mothers Day!!!

20. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I would not do that. I have always done long rounds and there's nothing special about the 25 day mark. I never feel any different that week than in any prior weeks. Most gals don't skip during TOM. You really aren't gaining anything by a mid round cheat like that. So that's my view. :) Good luck!