1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HCG/CT/FAT - what are you doing and what are your results

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by mumone, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I don't think it does, but YMMV. I have had super slow losses: 3 lbs in 19 days. Although today I woke up on day 20 to a 2 lb loss. Still, that is pretty weird. I think it's the CT. I don't think hcg needs any help other than doing the protocol correctly and I think no fats and no CT. Then, my plan is ramp up the CT in phase 3.

2. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Wh

When you say cocoa, can you be more specific? Did you make hot cocoa drink? How did you eat it? Was it raw cacao? Sounds like a great round. I always sleep in the dark, have for years now with black out shades, etc. Maybe I'll also try going to sleep earlier. I take about 650 mg of magnesium most days, sometimes i forget and only have 325mg at night. I use Natural Calm mg.

3. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

By one weekend not being worth it, Claudia, I mean you would quickly regain the lost territory. If you do an interruption, you have to go off 72 hours before the weekend, then you have the weekend and you will gain anyway because you won't be following P3. And then you go back on the protocol to lose it. So better to take your lumps on the cheat weekend and then lose it the next 3 days.

It's not just the fat with CT that I've heard people have run into the problems, by the way. Several reported more hunger no matter how they tweaked their dose so they stopped the CT. I don't know what the issue is. :(

4. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Well, maybe I should explain myself better. Thanks ColleenC, but this is not a cheat weekend that I am planning, it's just a weekend off p2. I would not be eating any junk (I never do, haven't in years as I have been Paleo for 3 and before that I followed high fat, low carb). I haven't had any sugar in 1.5 years and no grains in 3 years. During the mother's day weekend, I would just not be limiting myself to p2 foods and I'd be following p3 foods, like I might have some healthy fats, like coconut oil, an omelet for mom's day with a slice of bacon. I'd probably have a steak for dinner at the restaurant but I could eat more than 100grams, maybe some veggies with a little butter. Different veggies. Things like that. If I know I have hcg in my system, I will not feel like I can eat anything but p2 foods and portions. It's a mindset as well. I want to have a weekend of not weighing portions, of maybe having 1-2 eggs. I will be in p3 so why would I gain necessarily? It's a break from the restrictions of p2, it's not cheating.

And, I agree, this is not just the fat with CT that is a problem. I haven't added any fat while on hcg.

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Oh I see. Well do whatever makes you happy. :)

6. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

interesting..colleen c, did you find that to be true from what you have seen? wondering if i should add back in low sugar fruit like apples and cut back on protein for greater weight loss?

7. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

A big fat 0 for me today. :( 14 days on the diet now and have lost 4.2 pounds. LOL

8. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

wish me luck...have a team retreat all day today...hoping i can order shrimp cocktail and a salad and call it a day. hopefully that works! wont be able to weigh it obviously..

9. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Oh good luck! Shrimp cocktail and a salad should be perfect. :)

10. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Colleen, I know you said you were going to switch from HWC to CO and see if that made a difference. Any idea how much fat you are taking in each day?

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I did switch. I am taking 2 skimpy T a day of coconut oil. It was the same amount of heavy whipping cream. And I'm eating fish and grass fed steak, no chicken this round yet. Eating kale, lettuce, cabbage and asparagus. Have had 1/2 apple twice.

12. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

You're a real trooper Colleen! I'm following your progress.

13. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

it worked out...i went over 500 by 40 calories though today :( i miscalculated...however, ive been working out so hopefully it wont make a big difference....

question...since i'm doing no fruit, do you think it would "hurt" if i included some different veggies like zucchini, broccali, brussel sprouts (no carrots or anything like beets with a lot of sugar)....and reduced my protein...in order to make 500 calories each day, i have to up the protein bc its almost impossible for cups of spinach to make a dent in the total...would that be a good sub for the fruit...what do you think?

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You could try it. Some do okay subbing the veggies. I've used broccoli when eating out and still lost fine the next day. Just watch your calories. :)

15. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Good luck, MsYo!

16. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

I don't think reducing your protein is a good idea. Our bodies need that 200 gr. of protein a day minimum! Otherwise you start losing your muscle mass instead of fat.

17. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Maggie, she's doing extra protein in place of her fruit. She's not talking about reducing her protein from the required 200 grams in the protocol. Just so you know. :)

18. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

that is correct...had brussels sprouts yesterday and cut back o n the protein...only negative affect was a i was a bit gassy!

19. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Colleen, How are you doing now? What day are you on? Did you drop the fat? Are losses any better for you?

20. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Horrible. LOL Coconut oil is even worse than cream in my coffee and I'm not enjoying it nearly as much. I've lost a total of 5 pounds in 20 days. The 23 day round will be up on Thurs. Then I'm ditching the oil and extending to a long round.