1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HCG/CT/FAT - what are you doing and what are your results

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by mumone, Apr 15, 2012.

1. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

colleen - in phase 3 are you supposed to shoot for a certain amount of calories? what is a typical day like for you?

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I don't count calories. I usually have salmon for breakfast, cooked in coconut oil. For lunch, I might have a grilled chicken breast topped with a whole avocado, pepperjack cheese and a bit of Greek yogurt. A salad with homemade avocado dressing. For dinner it's often steak or seafood of some kind with a veggie. I have coconut oil in most everything and also heavy whipping cream in 2 big mugs of coffee a day. :)

3. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

sounds delish! i wish i could do dairy...so its imporant to not skimp on calories? i know paleo cowgirl advised ramping up slowly. i track and i hit about a 1000 calories which is a bit lower than what most peoples "normal" is...esp as i bike to work (22 miles - slow! - a day)

i went a bit nuts on the mac nuts yesterady...i dont know if my body just isnt used to digesting them or if i truly dont do well with nuts. i guess i'll see.

also been eating some coconut butter as "dessert" yum! tonight had pork chops and brussel sprouts roasted in pork fat..

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I would add lots of fats and not count calories. You don't have to ramp up slowly either. Eat if you are hungry but try to maintain the leptin timing at least. Your tummy was upset on the mac nuts? Holy cow, that is a long way to bike! Wow, I'm impressed. LOL I've seen some interesting coconut things out there now. Even coconut yogurt. I wonder if they have coconut cheese? Can you do raw cheese?

5. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

I'm going to try raw cheese soon - hoping raw dairy will be the answer to my prayers ;)

Yes, hopefully this isn't TMI, but I've noticed when I eat mac nuts (like a large quantity) - they kinda just pass through me intact - like they dont get digested and it usually takes a few days for them to stop appearing. Is that weird? Or perhaps thats normal? THey are the soaked/dehyrdrated kind. Super tasty but it makes me wonder if i should avoid them or go easier on them.

Yes, its a gorgeous ride! I try to do it a few times a week. no hills, easy pace, just enjoy the view. Beats the heck out of a bus or train!

I tried coconut yogurt but they add chicory root to them and MAN that stuff gives me so much bloating and gas its unreal. Wish i could find some without that additive! I'm doing great at adding fat - yesterday my tracker told me 70% of my diet was fat! yes!

6. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

just make you own, it's rather easy and there are lots of recipes/instructions on the net. Coconut yogurt does need some sort of filler otherwise it's very runny but there are recipes that use grass fed gelatin that are good.

7. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

yes, I will def try that at some point. Probably cheaper as well ...although I am running out of space in my city kitchen ;)

8. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Colleen, Do you know of any good coconut yogurt recipes? I just googled and didn't like the ones I got at all.

9. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I ate some yam last night...forgot about the no starch rule. I am day 8 of p3. Did I just blow it? I didn't weight as I'm also day 2 of TOM and didn't need to freak out if I gained.

10. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Well, it's not good to eat yam in P3. LOL But you should also weigh. I recommend doing a steak day if necessary even on TOM. Because if you delay, it can set you up to keep the gain. And besides, even if it is TOM, you feel better when you drop the water weight.

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Claudia, I haven't tried coconut yogurt. I can eat regular dairy with no problem. Sorry!

12. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

I'm shocked - I weighed today...again, my hubby weighs me bc I get obsessive compulsive about numbers ("know thyself...")and I LOST a pound! Odd, bc I didnt lose a thing on my last week of HCG so I certainly wasnt expecting continued weight loss. In fact, I was sureI would have gained...I've been tracking my food intake the calorie counts got into the 2000s...75% of which is fat!...I know that shouldnt be surprising,but for me, pre-hashi diagnosis where I was exercising like mad (easily torching 1k calories a day and yet taking in 1200 or even less calories and still gaining...desperate and driving myself further into adrenal fatigue bc I had a wedding coming up) and not understanding what was going on (I was also eating gluten at the time bc I didnt know I was celiac)...I guess I dont generally know how to trust my body to do the "right thing" so this is shocking for me...

I'm going to have to continue to learn how to trust myself, this process, the leptin reset, and nourish myself. Maybe I'm finally healing?!

I biked to work yesterday and played a quick soccer game and ate really well: steak, chimchurri sauce, apsaragus wrappedin procuitto, a lot of 99% dark chocolate, plus normal breakfast and lunch (plus a few tablespoons of coconut butter which should be labeled "crack")...i was sure i was overdoing it (seems like so much food after HCG meals! haha).

Fingers crossed thatI maintain...

13. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

That's terrific!

14. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Well, I only had about 2 T of a serving of yam when I realized. And I never eat yams. I have done numerous correction days in previous rounds during TOM because I always gain and it doesn't appear to be water weight so it doesn't drop off. The correction days have never worked at all during TOM so I stopped doing that. I will weigh tomorrow and see.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Can all the gineua pigs stand up

I had a thought that there are many of us here very interested in the outcomes and advancement of our Hcgers, So I was marvelling; if you are testing Hcg with CT and CO or fat , would you brain distributing your results...

What type of HCG?

What are you consuming?

Fat?

CT?

how often?

Results?

hcg injections | hcg shots

16. rottzilla

rottzilla New Member

Maybe I shouldn't revive this thread, lol, but I was reading through old posts and wanted to mention that I did two rounds of hcg, lost 50 lbs back in 2009 and maintained it. I did all of that while using CO through the whole of both rounds. I did both CO with cooking and I did it as chocolate delights - raw cacao powder, CO and stevia. I kept the weight off for three years now with no issues.