1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HCG/CT/FAT - what are you doing and what are your results

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by mumone, Apr 15, 2012.

1. mumone

mumone New Member

Can all the gineua pigs stand up :)

I had a thought that there are many of us here very interested in the results and progress of our Hcgers, So I was wondering; if you are trialing Hcg with CT and CO or fat , would you mind sharing your results...

What type of HCG?

What are you eating?

Fat?

CT?

how often?

Results?

thanks!!!

2. Lynn1

Lynn1 New Member

I, too, would like to know what others are doing, and their experiences with regard to oil/and CT.

3. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

I am having awesome results with HCG, oil and CT.. I have none of the negative side effects those who are strictly HCG protocol plus CT are experiencing. Doc said CT requires fat, so I went with it.. Dr. S protocol has been SO beaten into our brains that we all seem afraid to take a chance.. Stabilizing has nothing to do with what you eat during P2.. It is how you live your life post HCG.. There have been days that all I have is CO oil (in various forms) I lose 3x the amount and have kept it off.. I am in p3 now and 2 lbs under LIW. The last half of my p2 I had CO, butter, I did a few fat fasts and mixed in a couple protocol days just for the dogma of it all.. Best part, unlike last year when I followed strict protocol and got where I am now, but sickly looking, I have not lost any hair.. Last year I lost 1/3 of my hair.. So I am all for fat + HCG..

You just gotta take a chance.. Doc has not failed us yet =)

4. momto2

momto2 New Member

I have to agree, I did protocol days and days where I added co in my coffee.. I am stabilizing wonderfully between.4 and 1 pound above lwi..have been doing ct as well..

Haven't lost hair yet either:)

5. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

What type of HCG? I do injections rx, 175.

What are you eating? Mostly protocol, CO with cocoa and the dreaded artificial sweeteners and diet soda. CO doesn't seem to slow me down. I don't eat the fruit, traded it in for a protein breakfast, and no grissini. Occasionally I'll add 1/2 C raspberries. Some rounds I've done half and half in my coffee, not this round though.

Fat? Just what's in the meat, sometimes I saute celery in CO for a change.

CT? Not yet.

Results? Great first week, then my shots gave out. I didn't put it together until last night, and this morning I mixed a new batch. Back to no hunger, and I'm freezing again, so it's all good. Let's just pretend last week didn't happen! I lost 10 lbs first week, best first week ever. Now I'm making up for lost time.

6. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

We're not seeing that success with coconut oil with very many people, chimpchick. :( Glad it's worked for you though. I never lost hair in any of my rounds that were strict protocol. I suspect your hormonal issues have been fixed by CT and it has nothing to do with the oil. And in the past what you ate on P2 DID affect stabilization. I've seen it zillions of times on the hcg forum. But hopefully CT is fixing that. :)

7. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Colleen,

Last year I did a perfect p2, even wore gloves anytime I touched oil.. My hormones were and are A-OK.. The hair loss was due to the unhealthy 500 cal diet. I also regained all the weight from the start of p3 on.. I believe it was do to lack of nutrients including fat and protein. My dose was perfect, I have never had hunger on any p2, I have no food sensitivities, all cleared by NAET so there is really no other explanation for it. So far I am between 2-3 lbs below LIW and I feel and look great.. If people are not stabilizing in P3 it has to be due to what they are eating in P3. I can't see how you could eat oil then 2 weeks later gain from it, it is not physically possible.

I am sure CT has helped my stabilization and because I followed CT protocol by eating fat before CT sessions (while in p2) I also experienced none of the negative side effects everyone who is doing HCG plus CT with Dr. S protocol seems to be having trouble with..This tells me CT shouldn't be done on such a restrictive diet..

It may not work for everyone, but it worked for me.. You never know unless you give it a whirl! :D

8. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Even Doc is now saying coconut oil doesn't seem to work well for HCGers. You had your hormones checked including thyroid T3 and T4? It's very unusual to regain in P3 unless there are hormonal problems or food issues. I've never lost hair in any of my 5 rounds so it has nothing to do with the 500 calories. It is NOT an unhealthy diet when the dose is right. Everyone says I look younger and better than I have ever looked.

The hair loss is hormonal. Hcg elevates your thyroid and female hormones and then after you go off, the hair loss usually starts because the hormones plummet again.

And it is physically possible to gain on oil in P2 then not gain in P3. I'm a prime example. :) I have seen thousands and thousands of hcgers on the other forum in 3 years and have seen this over and over.

But I'm glad it's worked for you--truly! It just doesn't work for everyone so it's dangerous to say it will work if you are brave enough to try it. I've been hearing from many who are reporting bad stalls and gains on coconut oil so they stopped using it. I wish we could get to the bottom of why it works for some and not for others. I WISH it worked for me. I hate giving up my cream when on hcg. That's the only hardship I have. LOL Nothing else bothers me at all.

9. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

oh...HCG upregulates thyroid hormone? seriously? I didnt realize that...does it affect other hormones as well?

10. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Yep. Every time I do a round, I have to lower my hormone creams and my thyroid meds.

11. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

hmmmm interesting...should i do slighly less BHT than the Duzgon people recommend? I feel like I might be ok thyroid wise bc I was a bit lower than optimal last test. Also, I was going to do a cortisol salvia test bc I believe I am still low...is now not a good time to do it?

12. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You're on such a small amount, I wouldn't worry about it. It will take several months to get your levels right and the hcg just might give you a lift and help you get there a bit faster.

13. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

That would be nice!

14. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Hey Colleen,

There are a ton of people over at low carb friends who are having fantastic results with fat + HCG.. I thought you were doing a round with fat included for Doc's data?

My hair loss started while still on P2, so it wasn't hormonal. My hormones (all of them) are fine. My hair loss was due to lack of protein and probably eating the required fruit out of season, which is not healthy.

It is impossible to eat oil in p2 and have it cause a gain 3 weeks later in p3.. It does not stay in you system that long. If I ate oil in p2 and lost more then the normal amount of weight, it will not cause me to gain weeks later.

I am not telling anyone to do anything dangerous. We are all 'guinea pigs' who are supposed to be trying out different approaches and reporting back to Doc our results. I said it works for me, may not work for everyone but you never know unless you try. If people chose to experiment that is their choice.

I left the 'huge HCG forum' because anyone who dared to think beyond 1950 was ridiculed and told they were wrong and/or a failure. I thought we were beyond that type of thinking/dogma/CW here in the land of N-1?

There are plenty of people on HCG who are having great results adding fat to their menu's. There are even more who want/wanted to try it but get scared off by something that was written in the time of the 'food pyramid' AND we all know how true that fairy tale turned out...

I know you are very knowledgeable about HCG and give great advice about strict protocol. I have always appreciated your helpfulness and wisdom. I do feel that over here in Kruseville, most want to go forward in our healing and we cannot do that if we live in the past and are unwilling to take a chance and change. Doc is a perfect example for all of us to follow..

15. AmieSue

AmieSue New Member

Colleen and Nuttmeg.... I have seen you both mention that you are or have done the Duzgon protocol. I have been talking with a rep there and I am considering going through them because I can't seem to find a good endo doctor where I live. The set up fee is a whopper, but if they are good then I realize it is worth it. I would LOVE some feed-back from both of you if you feel inclined. You can PM me if you would. Thank you!

16. mumone

mumone New Member

thank you all for chiming in with your results, Im still tossing up what to do.

with meal timing are you eating breakfast 30mins after waking? and then what? lunch or dinner?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I love what you are saying and I think Colleen had such a tremendous result she thinks that the protocol should be strictly followed.......but I am interested in those who have struggled with HCG and based upon my reading it is most.......most cant keep it off. these are the people who I think fat plus CT and the Leptin Rx will be game changers.......but I want to hear their results. Too bad they dont come here to give it............I did not know about this low carb friends site.

18. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

actually Doc, no, most people keep it off. When someone doesn't, there is an underlying hormonal issue or food intolerance. I'm basing that not just on the thousands I've seen on the big forum but on the +70 that I've personally helped face to face here in my town. I can actually SEE that they've kept it off and not rely just on what I've been told. I have 2 here who have struggled out of that 70 and those folks have insulin issues and can't stay out of the carbs. They go on binges with carbs and that's pretty fatal when trying to lose weight in any manner.

I wish those who are having great results adding fat to the protocol would speak up here. I've been hearing from those who tried it then stopped when they began to gain even with adding CT. Quite honestly, I hope it IS true. But it's something I see on the big forum all the time. When something works for a few people, it's assumed it works for everyone and it just doesn't. I wish it did. :( And I agree with everyone being willing to experiment. I'm just reporting that others of those who DID try the fats found it didn't work for them. We need all the information not just part of it if we are going to figure this out.

We can't be dogmatic in either direction. The fact is we just don't know yet. We've got three or so on here who have added fats and had great losses. Will they stabilize? I don't know. I do know that many who add fats in P2 without CT do NOT stabilize. The fat derails the pathway to the hypothalamus. I've seen it hundreds of times. I've heard from about 8 people who tried adding fats but then started gaining and stopped the fats to continue on the strict protocol + CT. Will they stabilize better? We don't know yet. Everything is theory right now.

And yes, I was going to try a round with fat + CT but my round got delayed when my aunt died and I had to fly back to Phoenix. Then the reports started coming back to me about the problems so I began to rethink that. Especially considering what I know for sure about fat and hcg. I could still try it and just drop the fats if I start gaining as I expect I will. My body is VERY sensitive to fats in hcg. I think part of what is the difference here is that the hcg protocol was designed for obesity. Not for an extra 30 pounds but for those of us who have truly struggled with obesity. Pounds and Inches defines what that looks like and it's not an extra 30 pounds someone could lose with low carb. They are two very different things. And the strict protocol works for those of us like that. Many are jumping on the hcg bandwagon who don't really need hcg.

19. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

And by the way I took my 1st hcg shot today. Loading. :) I will keep my cream in my coffee since that is what I always miss the most and see what happens. I SHOULD lose a minimum of 5-8 pounds the first week. We'll see if I do. :)

20. MartiD

MartiD New Member

colleen, I am looking forward to seeing your results. As someone who did two rounds of HHCG, the Leptin RX instead of P3 and lost both time during Leptin RX, I am really curious how I would do on another short round. I have enough pellets for a 3 week round and really only have about 20 lbs I could lose but actually pretty happy where I am now even though I am not the "perfect weight"!

I am down 14 lbs from LPW in October doing the LRX and now CT since February. I also am a bit of a addict with my high fat BAB, BPC and red meats and salmon! My biggest concern with doing another round is I have worked so hard on trying to become LS...6 months of work, and still not there, and I don't want to erase all that work by doing a round of HCG. Dr. K, do you think I would erase all that hard work by doing another round? Should I stick with LR + CT alone and see what happens?