1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hcg + ct = awesomeness!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by ChimpChick, Mar 17, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

The last 10 pounds shouldn't be slower though. They usually aren't. when they are, I generally tweak what a dieter is doing, like taking away the fruit and adding more protein. Mine weren't any slower. I plodded along at 20 pounds lost per round. LOL I was a plodder but I got there.

That is very cool! Hope it works for you and you stabilize well. You probably won't have a problem since those following Doc know not to eat dairy and that's often a problem for people.

Where did your chimpchick name come from? I've been meaning to ask you.

2. JoanneA

JoanneA New Member

@ Chimpchic, how much CO did you add back? How did you eat it?

3. jeepifer@gmail.com

jeepifer@gmail.com New Member

I tried the hhcg (spray) and it didn't work for me. I was miserable. I lost a little bit of weight, but not enough to make it worth trying ever again. I've since lost more going strict paleo, and again starting the Leptin Rx.

I wondered if it was the quality of the "spray" vs. the "drops" as I had some friends who were successful with those. But after spending $80 I couldn't afford to keep dropping money on something that may or may not work. People have contacted me or posted about "HCG clinics" and the like, but again, usually $$$. :eek:

I've been lurking, reading the threads. I'd love more info, especially a non-fruit (and NO toast) version. Possibly combined or following the LRx in principle? Dunno... I haven't dunked into the CT yet, still reading. Getting there, slowly.

Any thoughts, advice or ? Sorry to OP, I can take this to a new thread if you want. I was hopeful that peeps here with experience and knowledge might actually read this. ;)

4. So, is doing HGC in addition to "keto/paleo + ct" any better than without the HGC? I think I've seen conflicting info on this one. . I thought JK said once you didn't need it if you were CTing as you are going strait to the brain. . or is this a good tool while transitioning?

Lastly, is there way to do it by ordering over the net? I hate going to see a doc/clinic and explain all this. Not enough hours in the day!

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Some over on the hcg forum have been trying the leptin reset idea with their hcg. They've been eating one meal for breakfast then another for dinner instead of no breakfast then lunch and dinner. And they've been doing no fruit and replacing it with protein. Their losses don't tend to be better but I believe they will stabilize better. It's not been long enough to see for sure but it makes sense that the timing would help with the leptin signaling. I think that's why I've been stable. I never ate every 2-3 hours like many of them do. Many break up their food and eat every few hours and I think that's a mistake.

Advantages. Well, hcg gets off the weight FAST. I haven't seen CTing by itself drop a lot of weight quickly, though the weight tends to start dropping slowly if you need to lose. Average weight loss for a woman in 6 weeks with hcg is about 25-28 pounds. I'm a slow loser so I lose 20 pounds a round. If I knew then what I know now, I would have cut out the fruit and upped my losses to at least the average of 25 pounds. But that's a regular hcg round. I'm not sure how fast the losses would be with adding keto to the mix. Traditionally fats derail the pathway to the hypothalamus. Doc thinks the CT will fix that but I don't know whether the losses will be better, the same or worse. And what works for one person doesn't always work for someone else. We've had people on the forum add coconut oil and still lose but they tend to be the younger ones with better metabolisms. And then they often didn't stabilize. Hopefully CT will change that but I don't have enough data to say it will yet.

If your main concern isn't dropping weight fast then adding hcg to the mix isn't going to be helpful anyway. It's not going to aid in any transition. You can order it from overseas pharmacy places. The main one right now is ReliableRX.

6. jeepifer@gmail.com

Dumb question, but can you point me to the keto info (vs the basic leptin rx)... I seem to have missed that somewhere. Thx.

7. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I don't think there is a keto thread. I was looking around for one for you. I know it's higher fats but I don't know the specifics.

8. Claudia

Claudia New Member

So frustrating to do such long rounds and not have much to show for it :(. So sorry. I feel your pain and empathize.

9. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Really?? I just checked maybe a month or so ago and NY was even in the states to scroll through. I will look again. But first I'll try to get this new doc to work with me. Thanks Colleen M.

10. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I would love to do hcg + CT plus your way of eating Chimp Chick. This is how I normally eat and I am tortured contemplating no healthy fats with Dr. S protocol. But I am also afraid since I have gained back what I lost on my 2 strict Dr. S rounds last year. It took me 7 months to gain it back, and not due to food choices, but more hormonal gains, something out of whack. And I started Leptin reset in November. Dr. Kruse told me not to take the krill oil if I do hcg protocol. He said follow the protocol. So, I am confused, as krill oil would be a healthy fat and good to be on it while doing CT. I just increased my krill oil from 1000 mg to 1500 mg per day (in addition to the cod liver oil I take, another 1,000mg of O3). In fact, do you think you are getting enough seafood in your diet while cold adapting? You write chicken (blech...sorry, not my favorite but I ate plenty of it while on hcg last year) and fish. I would prefer to eat grass-fed beef and salmon, but they are both fatty, right? I'm so glad this is working for you. Wish I could figure it out :(.

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I never take my krill oil either while on the protocol. It sounds like he thinks fats are fine if you're adding CT. I'm with you though--I'd be afraid to add fats, knowing what I know about hcg and how it reacts. I'd love to be proven wrong though! So I will be rooting for chimpchick!

12. JoanneA

JoanneA New Member

Stabilizing is dependant on strict protocol, although Dr.S info is outdated Robin Woodall has more to tell about Leptin and the protocol, the fact that people add in things and still lose or lose more isnt a win situation, because hcg is simply not a diet (i could scream this from the roof top) hcg works in conjunction with the strict protocol as is 500 being max eating along with hunger (leptin) even under 500 cals for most. Following strict protocol is not relative at all, its the same for each patient unless theres allergies to some of the foods. You simply dont treat hcg as a diet and do what works for you unless your at the end of losing all your weight and your leptin is signaling hunger more often, which happens, if you want a good diet get off hcg and switch, if you want hcg then there are rules that apply. I did a 36 day round losing 28 pounds and 23 inches, i went into maintenance (the fats phase) and ate all kinds of fatty foods and stabilized well no gain! I did not cheat and followed through, im on my second round day 5 feel great and im down 7 lbs already, hcg is temporary treatment, it helps far beyond our shallow ideas of what appearance is about and should be combined with emo eating rehab as well as how to live later, correcting hormones with Hcg works, and loss of fat is a great benifit!!!! :)

13. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I am familiar with Robin and Weight Loss Apocalypse and I think the emotional eating rehab is excellent. I am waiting for my book to arrive. Very interesting. I just don't know if you, or Robin, or anyone can really say with certainty which way to do hcg protocol: Dr. S Protocol vs. Colleen's advice vs. Dr. Kruse. Aren't we really all in the dark a little here? Dr. Kruse backs up his theories with science and I trust science. Dr. Kruse did just tell me that if I want to do hcg + CT, I should do as per the Dr. S. protocol and no krill oil. But, here he is cheering on ChimpChick for adding in fats. I'm still confused.

@JoanneA, I did strict Dr. S. protocol for my 2 rounds. I went right back into paleo eating in phase 3. I didn't overeat it. I was quick to add in my healthy fats, eggs, and I did add in dairy but very tiny amounts of raw dairy. I stayed away from cheese completely in my phase 3 and just added a little raw cream, 1-2 teaspoons per day. That was the extent of my dairy. I feel like my hormones have not been corrected and I didn't heal, on the contrary...something seems out of whack when each month on my TOM, I gain 2-3 lbs and it doesn't come back off so now I am 13 lbs up in 7 months. Very distressing. I asked Robin about it and she says something went wrong and I could try another round to see if I heal this time and re-set so I am considering it with CT added.

14. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

I have no idea, I am just going with my gut and what I have learned from Doc. It just makes sense to me.. I was already on HCG when I began CT and adding fat. If I had been strictly reset and CT I am not sure I would have added HCG --if I was seeing results-- But I figure, what the heck, I am here and I love a good experiment!

You can get it online from India.. Any and all questions you have about dosing etc I would ask Colleen, she is the best!

Claudia;3002 wrote:
    I would love to do hcg + CT plus your way of eating Chimp Chick. This is how I normally eat and I am tortured contemplating no healthy fats with Dr. S protocol. But I am also afraid since I have gained back what I lost on my 2 strict Dr. S rounds last year. It took me 7 months to gain it back, and not due to food choices, but more hormonal gains, something out of whack. And I started Leptin reset in November. Dr. Kruse told me not to take the krill oil if I do hcg protocol. He said follow the protocol. So, I am confused, as krill oil would be a healthy fat and good to be on it while doing CT. I just increased my krill oil from 1000 mg to 1500 mg per day (in addition to the cod liver oil I take, another 1,000mg of O3). In fact, do you think you are getting enough seafood in your diet while cold adapting? You write chicken (blech...sorry, not my favorite but I ate plenty of it while on hcg last year) and fish. I would prefer to eat grass-fed beef and salmon, but they are both fatty, right? I'm so glad this is working for you. Wish I could figure it out :(.

Ya know what is funny, I still am not taking my oil based supplements.. Partly b/c I never planned on it going into this final round, partly b/c I still have to order a bunch and didn't expect to until I was ready for them. I haven't eaten beef or pork in a loooooong time.. I still want a pet pig, so I doubt I will ever go there.. On HCG I do mostly talapia, shrimp and OH I had lobster the other night! I do love salmon so I will be eating that when I get back from my trip.

If you don't want to chance it yourself just follow how I do and decide from there.. If it works for me then you 'could' kill 2 birds doing the reset and hcg (weight loss) with the same stone..

YAY ME! (I hope too) Let's get Doc's opinion...

DOC??

15. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

He weighed in a few pages back. LOL He told you to continue and that I was thinking warm adapted. :)

16. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I am also working on 10 lbs left to lose, maybe 12 lbs now as I continue to gain weight and I haven' t been weighing. My clothes are tighter this week than last :(. Like you ChimpChick, I am also addicted to coconut oil crack that I make myself with stevia. I would love to continue to eat even just 1 T of coconut oil with raw cacao and stevia per day while on hcg, but I am scared to do it. It would be something I would add right away in phase 3, though. I'm thinking I should hurry up and decide if I'm going to do hcg because I don't want to wait until it gets warmer if it's better to do hcg when it's cold. A few said their winter rounds went really well.

17. Pamela

Pamela Gold

One point to note, on the HCG protocol if you are not eating the fruit or melba then you will be in Ketosis. I was even eating an orange each day and stayed well in ketosis. I checked each morning with the strips.

18. jeepifer@gmail.com

MCT oil? What, where, how? ;)

19. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

20. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

I know, I was hoping for more.. He's such a tease! hehe :rolleyes: