1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hcg + ct = awesomeness!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by ChimpChick, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Lexi

Lexi New Member

thanks ChimpChick,

right now i don't think my body can handle another round. i did so much detoxing, my hormones got so out of whack, etc. that am just concentrating on nutrition and getting my biochemistry right. i was so perplexed at how bad i felt after going from 163 to 129 that i knew i had to do some digging. long story short: found out i have been a life-long pyroluric (blood disorder where zinc and B6 are severely depleted) and have hashimotos/hypothyroid, with the hypo probably since my early 20s.

i have been icing my thyroid, but haven't jumped in the tub yet... hope to this week... maybe another HCG round is in my future. i think the people who do best on it have their hormones and minerals in good balance. i hope to be there one day!

2. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Lexi, I'm so sorry you found out all of that. What tests did you get done? I am going to the doc on March 29 and hope to find out what's going on with me. I feel like I am all out of whack. Did you maintain your hcg round losses, despite the hormones being out of whack? My hormones are clearly messed up. I saw someone mention about ovulating early. I'm not sure if it was this thread or a different CT thread. Since my hcg round, which ended last July, I have slowly gained with each TOM. I also have noticed earlier ovulation and have wondered what that is about and if that is the cause of the weight gain. It was interesting to see that someone else was having early ovulation, too. How do you ice your thyroid? I tried putting the ice bag on my neck and got awful cold urticaria under my chin, where the ice bag was also touching.

I hope we are all optimal one day.

3. Lexi

Lexi New Member

hi Claudia,

well neither endos i saw would do the the full thyroid panel or ANY of the hormone tests. the first endo did not even want to treat the hashi's! EPIC FAILURE. i am working with Alexander Haskell who wrote the book Hope for Hashimotos long distance. I got my labs thru him. i found out @ the pyro from reading Nora Gedgaudas' book.... and did my own testing. I am now working with a functional medicine center near me and just sent in a round of stool, urine and blood samples. Also jsut found out i have H. pylori, so that explains why the leaky gut was not getting much better with just paleo and leptin reset.

my LIW was 129, on the reset i got to 138 and stayed there for a while. then i got the 2 diagnoses early this year and i was an emotional mess. i cried for 2 days straight about the hashimotos. now i am 143... when i was really stressed i delved into some GF bread and some other carbs, and it definitely "stuck". I know I should really start CT, but honestly have been chicken. i will do it this week!

i did not put the ice directly on my thyroid, i wrapped the ziplock bag in a thin kitchen towel and tied it behind my neck... good thing i live alone!

if your doc won;t do a full thyroid and hormone panel, i suggest you sign up with Canary Club and do it thru them. Go to Stop the Thyroid Madness website and find out what a full thyroid panel is and what other tests they recommend, like ferritin, etc.

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

How do you explain her losses dropped after adding the other things then? When she was doing hcg + CT her losses jumped to first week numbers (that's usually a pound, sometimes two pounds a day--losses that usually slow after the first week but hers jumped up) but those last 10 pounds aren't coming off as fast now that she's added the fats. She's reshaping nicely and losing inches which is great which I think is from the CT not the hcg at this point now that she's added fats.

I actually AM embracing the cold with the hcg. I'm going to try hcg + CT myself when I get back to Indiana.

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

It's SO aggravating to not be able to find good doctors. I"m hoping Dr. Kruse is going to start a sea change with that. :)

6. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thanks Lexi. I have been on Stop the Thyroid Madness. I have a list I'm bringing to the doctor: TSH, free T3, free T4, reverse T3, ferritin, 25-hydroxy D, haptoglobin, HDL, HS CRP, thyroid antibodies, thyroglobulin antibodies, full salivary hormone panel. I have never been to this doc but I got her name from paleophysician network and my insurance will cover the visit. Hopefully she will be cooperative with the tests I want. I've been feeling brain deficient lately (Brain fog) and don't know if I can speak my mind well enough to get her on board with me if she's not into it.

I am in New York so Canary Club won't work for me :(...no blood tests through the mail if you live in NY.

Do the tests look like the ones you got? Great that you found someone to work with you. I really enjoyed Nora's book and now I remember her talking bout the pyro.

The CT is pretty tough. I am up to 25 minutes in 53 degree cold bath. I am cold for hours after. I had a cup of tea tonight...and then, was worried that it would cancel out the CT I did. I also use blankets to warm up a little so I'm not shivering and can go to bed. Then, I kick everything off during the night. My sleeping is ok.

I really want to figure all of this out and become optimal. I can be very stubborn and disciplined so that should work to my advantage :).

7. Lexi

Lexi New Member

Claudia, yeah that looks like a good panel... you should get both types of thyroid antibodies done. and try to get the sex hormones too, mine did not include DHEA and pregnenolone, but i am going to ask for them next time.

thats a real racket @ NY and the other states not allowing tests w/ a doc's "permission". i grew up in NY, but have not lived there since college.

i am stubborn too: starved thru most of both my rounds but still did 60 days for the 1st and over 45 days for the 2nd. i am so annoyed i don't have much to show for all that suffering!

8. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

Actually Canary Club has a NY state version of a few of the tests you may want to check that out

9. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

How often should a person be doing CT during HCG?

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi RBee, I find it so hard to do hhcg again after doing the leptin RX - with those great BAB's. It was so lovely to have bacon and eggs for breakfast and not be hungry the rest of the day. I think a lot of people aren't able to stabilize after a couple of rounds.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Dr. Kruse! - wives eh - what are you going to do with them???!!!

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Dr Kruse - will we get updates on how your wife is doing?

13. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Colleen,

I never said my losses slowed after adding fats, in fact it is quite the opposite. The only time my losses have slowed were the days I followed Dr.S Fruit in winter 500 cal protocol. My last 10 pounds are coming off much faster now that I have added the fats and removed the fruit. I am embracing the new, and it is working :D

14. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

ChimpChick.... are you Dr. K's wife? Sorry, new to the game and the conversation in this thread makes me think this... hehe

15. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Hehe Suzie, Nope I am not Mrs. Doc..

16. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Ok.... :) just checking. Does she post here?

17. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you'd said your losses with CT were first week and then when you hit 10 pounds to lose you added the other things and things were slower with the last 10 pounds. My mistake. Hope it works for you then but at first week losses you should lose those 10 pounds in about 10 days. Have you been on the added things for 10 days or am I still confused on what you're doing?

18. rbu5@sssnet.com

rbu5@sssnet.com New Member

I hear you Doc. My husband is the worst pt ever. And especially when I suggest anything to change his woe. But I am taking your advice and work on myself first and heal. Once he sees my recovery, I am hoping he will jump on board all the way.

Chimpchick, i will be watching your progress carefully. You are well ahead of me on the protocol. I am going to stick with CT and the revised protocol menu but if my losses don't pick up to where they were last year, I may just try to addCO back. That is what I miss the most, the benefits I know I am gaining by healing my gut with it. We will see! We are little lab mice :p

19. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

I will keep you posted my Little!

20. How much fat and protein would you say you were eating in a day after you added it back in?