1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hcg + ct = awesomeness!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by ChimpChick, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Over the last 4 weeks I have been doing lots of ice sessions, probably 3 hours per day at least. I have also been on Rx HCG and I have not been following the horrid 500 cal protocol. I have been eating lots of 100% dark chocolate, chicken fish, veggies and mct oil salad dressing/mayo.. Today I tried on my size 0 and the fit! Love it!! :D

2. In the four weeks on HCG w/CT did you loose weight or just inches?

3. Not that it matters but when you are down to your last 10# like me (I've been here so many times....I'm skinny fat) I'm more inclined to look at that number although I really just want to be back in my size 6 clothes!!!

4. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

I hear ya! I haven't measured myself but I definitely lost both weight and inches. The losses with the CT are more like the first week of HCG losses.. The best part is not having to follow the 1950's protocol and still having success.. I also am not weighing everyday which helps with the stress/cortisol levels. Whats really weird is I have maybe (aside from walking 4mph several times per week) lifted heavy things like 3 times since beginning CT and yesterday my massage guy said I was ripped!

5. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

where can i buy HCG from? sounds very interesting.

6. CCC

CCC New Member

Escrowrefills.com is the site. You will need an invitation code to get into the site, though: CID292127. Enter ONLY that and hit the Continue button.

It will give you a credit of $30 off, too. You MUST order or register while in the site the FIRST time, not just look around and leave the site. Otherwise, you can't get back in with ANY code, even a different one.

QUOTE=x_danny_x;2111]where can i buy HCG from? sounds very interesting.[/QUOTE]

7. Have you been watching your calories or fat intake at all while doing hcg and CT or just eating a keto diet? I have some homeopathic hcg and am wondering what would happen if I used it, if anything. Since starting CT several weeks ago I've gained 3 pounds :(. Still on the keto paleo diet I was before.

8. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I have some big reservations about this. Fat is prohibited in the protocol because it derails the pathway to the hypothalamus. I'm one of the moderators on the humongous international hcg forum (25,000+ members) and in the 3 1/2 years I've been on there, the ones who tend not to stabilize are the ones who do only a 23 day round or who had fat in their diet.

Now will CT fix that pathway that the fat messes up? I don't know. But you can be our guinea pig :) I suspect you would have had this result without the hcg, using only ice though. Because WITH hcg you should have lost 20 pounds at least while doing the CT because Doc says it would step up the losses. So if you'd done the hcg protocol with CT you might have lost 30 pounds in those 4 weeks. Even if you were to the last few pounds. Contrary to what we read in Pounds and Inches you CAN lose more than is healthy because I've seen it several times on the forum.

So Trish I'm not sure it would be worth doing hcg with the CT. I really think the CT alone would do it if you only want reshaping and to lose a few pounds.

9. lynn@ellijay.com

lynn@ellijay.com New Member

So happy to know this is working for you. I am loading this weekend for a final HCG round and I've been doing CT for 4 weeks (baths.) I want to see if there is magic in pairing the two. Sounds like it is a great fit for you - super awesome that you are losing without the protocol.

10. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Thanks Lab! My parents have 2 chocolates :) My big plan was to finish up HCG and jump right into the reset. While I was mid HCG- CT came to be, so I added it and did a little Bio Hacking of my own.. Unfortunately, I still have the CW of Dr. S drummed into my brain so I feel like I have to end according to dogma.. I am actually doing a planned interruption this week to go visit my parents and their chocolates, so when I come back I am going to finish up with strict reset and HCG until I feel I am ready to ditch the juice for good..

I have total confidence that this transition will be cake -without the cake- :)

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I might do a round of hcg with CT to see what it does. :) I tend to be a slow loser, about 20 pounds in 40 days. It would be interesting to see if the CT increases the losses. I really don't think you need hcg in your case though since you didn't need to lose much. I think CT did the trick for you and would have done so without the hcg. I suspect the hcg has had nothing to do with how you're reshaping and losing inches. Lucky girl! :) The reason I say this is because I've talked to others who have eaten a paleo diet with hcg and didn't lose much. But they didn't know about CT.

I actually love the protocol myself. I've lost 75 pounds and kept it off. I don't mind the restrictive diet. I think it helps a lot of people break out of the grip of certain foods. One little bit of fat added and I either gained or stalled in a round. So do most others which is why Simeon told us how important it was to avoid it. Yet as soon as the diet portion was over, fats are encouraged. So I know fat has an impact. I've seen the evidence on thousands of people too much to disbelieve it. The reason people can regain is grains. Americans love their grains. It's very hard to get people to realize how damaging grains are to our health. And of course wheat is in EVERYTHING. :( Time and again we see people complain because they gain 4 pounds on pizza. They want to eat "normally." Well duh. They need to learn that their bodies can't run on junk.

We sure face a battle with educating people!

12. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Colleen,

When I was following protocol and doing CT my losses jumped to first week numbers.. I only had about 25 total to lose, so at that point I had about 10 to go. Still to lost 4 pounds in a week at the end of a round is amazing.. I am sure you will do phenomenally, not that you need to lose any more ;)

Let's modernize HCG and make the world a better place!

13. rbu5@sssnet.com

rbu5@sssnet.com New Member

Chimpchick, I too am doing the hcg protocol and eating leptin time. I did cut out the fruits and melba/grassini. Eating my protein first thing in the am within 30 minutes and then dinner later in the afternoon. I'm not eating any fats though. I've only been on 6 days so far and have lost about 4 lbs. Not getting in everyday CT so maybe next week concentrate on doing more baths and speed things up. I have about 25#'s to lose and hope to do it in 40 days total. I am also dealing with leaky gut issues so trying to tackle that too. That means most of my carbs/veggies are fermented.

Tell me more about what exactly you eat and when. How you are combining the Leptin Rx and Hcg.

Best of luck!

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You're doing what I'd thought to do, RBee. I'll be interested to see if CT helps your losses. Good luck and keep me posted.

15. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

RBee, did you load and are those losses including load?

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is so me - skinny fat and that elusive last 10 lbs!! I so want the scale to pleeeease go down!

17. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Are you doing the CT, Caroline?

18. rbu5@sssnet.com

Connie, yes. I am real slow this round for some reason--so far. I just checked last years round and I was at 6.8 loss at day 7 then and this round I am at 3.8 loss total for 7 days. But, I didn't gain on my load really...and actually lost a pound on loading day 2. *shrugs*

We will see how this washes out. I do think I am not at all having cravings like I did last year, since I've been paleo/leptin rx this time. And, I am eating a little more protein by weight than last year to make up my calories. Could be a problem, and will correct if I have to.

19. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

No I would tell you to eat more protein to sub for the fruit you're not eating too. so I don't believe it's that. It is probably that you weren't paleo last time and had more water weight lost. This time it's fat. :)

20. rbu5@sssnet.com

Oh yes, I'll take that! LOL

My options are really restricted, but I don't eat to satisfy a food want/desire/taste anymore. It's more like just thinking I need to get some protein or veggies in for nourishment. So a lot different way to approach it now.