1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HC, DHEA Pregnenolone

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by vkiernan, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Read the stuff on Lef.org about DHEA. . .good info.

7-Keto doesn't convert to Testosterone or Estrogen.

2. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Never heard that one. Guess I have more research. I have been taking it since last fall since my BUN levels are always way over the range. The only time my breast pain went away was when I took a lot of Iodine and also CT'ing but then it came back but not with the vengeance it normally does. I did back off on CT'ing though too.

3. I am not sure about the PCOS.. and yes, we did labs and I was actually quite low on testosterone and she wrote a prescription for it but I didnt use it but a few times, and definitely not around the time that these labs were done. I'll drop Dr. Kruse a note and ask him about conversion. When I was sitting in front of my doctor, I just took her word that that was the reason my T came back high. I wasn't prepared to question this one. LOL.. QUESTION EVERYTHING... it's been beaten into my head. I let that one slip I guess. thank you for all of your help :)

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

D - I tried to post this prior to you asking but didn't make it. This is from Jack's dhea blog.

Because of the overwhelming evidence connecting low levels of DHEA to problems associated with aging, I suggest that all people over age 40 begin DHEA therapy. For most people, the starting dose of DHEA is between 15–200 mgs, taken in one daily dose. Many studies have used a daily dose of 50 mg. Women tend to use the 7-keto DHEA form and men can use the regular DHEA form. WHY? 7-Keto DHEA is not converted into estrogen or testosterone, so it may be safely taken by women with hormone-dependent diseases like breast cancer.

5. thank you VKiernan.. I was just reading this blog.. so obviously my doctor was mistaken. I am going to print this post and show it to her and see if she can explain why my testosterone has risen significantly. thanks for pulling this up :)