1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Have you ever been touched by cold? How did it feel?

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, Mar 6, 2019.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

I'm sure not buying any life insurance policy on you for that.

2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

As a strange side note from the weird facts department, it is well known that people in cold suffering from severe hypothermia are known to strip off their clothes (technically this is called 'paradoxical undressing' and is related to near a terminal hypothermia situation when survival mechanism of vasoconstriction fails and a rush of blood from body core to extremities causes a sensation of heating up).

3. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

The Ice Maiden who lives in Russia has taken cold thermogenesis to a new level, apparently.

We know how cold it can get in Russia, but this unusual lady walks around in summer clothes while everyone else wears heavy winter clothing. She claims the cold doesn't bother her and makes her healthy and younger. She is a member of the 'long lifer club' there.

In my opinion, I suspect our cold climate ancestors (Neanderthal, Cro Magon) endured cold environments in similar ways until we got civilized and lost our natural extreme cold adaptation.

Today as modern members of advanced societies we value creature comforts and demand a steady, ideally comfortable indoor environment all year round.

Many of us go from air conditioned (heated or cooled according to season) house to car to work or other activities and back home without necessarily being exposed to outside conditions in a meaningful way.

It is my theory that to be optimally healthy we need to be exposed to our natural climate conditions where we live. In winter that means being exposed often to cold conditions and in summer being subjected frequently to heat and humidity (in temperate climates).

4. halvibe

halvibe New Member

Drezy, Thanks. You're right, I'm still alive! It's gotten warmer around here now (Wchtr NY). I'll have to wait a few days to get back to the 20's.
    And yet, the water temp is getting colder - down to about 49 F now.
    Any recommendations for how long to hang out in the cold shower? (I usually do about 3 to 9 minutes).