1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Have you ever been touched by cold? How did it feel?

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Solidsilverteeth

Solidsilverteeth New Member

2. halvibe

halvibe New Member

kris90,
    Do you think that walking after a meal and CT have the same effect on mitochondria of limiting ROS from Cytochrome 1?
    That is to say walking will keep the ECT from getting bogged down, and CT will cause the Mitos to generate heat also allowing the ECT to flow better?
    What say you?? Thanks, Hal

3. I also wondered why my "tan" didn't fade as much in the winter..... POMC must be activated in the cold also......with little UV

Explains much

kris90 and Michalis like this.
  4. kris90

kris90 New Member

I think any movement (i.e. walking or sprinting, etc) will generate some heat, so the short answer is yes, but depending on the intensity and ability to uncouple, CT would be more effective.

halvibe likes this.
  5. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes via the leptin-melanocortin pathway. Benefits of being cold adapted and leptin sensitive.

Christine_L likes this.
  6. Yes....Last year I shivered and was so cold in the showers I took. When the water got down to 50 degrees I was like...."I can do this" Repeat to myself to reinforce it!!!

Fast foreward to this year.... a cold shower feels better than a warm one. And I am wondering if the water will get any colder.......

My kid has the flu this week and I am feeling excellent. I am the only one embracing cold in the home.

7. Sandra Barton

Sandra Barton New Member

"Cold" is a longing. Being in the "cold" and not feeling that it compromises ones survival is power.

ElectricUniverse and Christine_L like this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

fantastic isn't it ......

Christine_L likes this.
  9. 100%

Sandra Barton and drezy like this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

I know when my wife anticipates particularly challenging interactions because she hits the cold tub more often.

I'm curious to know if any women, in particular, notice a shift in social interaction after embracing the cold. My wife sure did.

Christine_L likes this.
  11. I think I have found at least in fall winter so far I have to have some cold everyday. It turns out the tub is not convenient and I get so bored in there but the shower allows me to say I can get through today. It ,for me, is like the sunrise.

12. @drezy I definitely feel stronger mentally and emotionally after CT...

Alyce Miles OD and drezy like this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

doing C/T always felt like a huge accomplishment. Sitting in a freezing bathtub sucks tho!

Christine_L and drezy like this.
  14. The shower feels worse! lol

15. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Thought you go to the ocean almost every day?

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes - we do go to the ocean everyday ....I no longer sit in a freezing cold bathtub, altho I do think it is the optimal thing to do when trying tp heal.

We do take cold showers as well.

17. halvibe

halvibe New Member

kris90,
    Thanks for the reply. Much appreciate your posts. I do CT in the shower. I just took my first walk (23 deg) for about 12 min. with just a shirt & pants instead of heavy jacket. I also wore a hat. Not bad! I think I'll try to do more of that.

Alyce Miles OD, drezy and kris90 like this.
  18. drezy

drezy New Member

Don't forget to get direct sun on the head though. If you need help creating this situation feel free to let me know, it's important regardless the temperature.

19. halvibe

halvibe New Member

Drezy, Thanks for the support. Always appreciated.
    I should know better, but I didn't even get enough sun when I went to FL last winter. I did 2 walks today 23 min ea. (again -no jacket), one at 23 deg one at about 30 deg. I'll drop the hat next time. I have intended to go out in the early AM, but haven't been doing it. I'll try to get out earlier now, sans hat.
    (Thinking about going in just a t-shirt w/o the regular shirt on top.)
    I wonder what the people in my condo will think. Oh wait, they're the obedient idiots who wouldn't let me fix the mag field in my place; they don't think.

20. halvibe

halvibe New Member

Only got skylight on my head today. Sun doesn't peak until about 45 -50 min after sunrise because of hill in back of our house. I walked about 25 minutes at 26 deg F. in T-shirt w/o hat.
    This time my forearms were very cold by the time I came in. I’m about 5’-10” 7 142lbs.
    Do you think I went out too long? Drezy?, Kris90?, Anybody??