1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Have any of you read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn?

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by janagram, Jun 22, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

This book is very visionary ... using Old Testament stories to show how agriculture was not the way to go.....it's a winner!

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I have :) liked it.

3. Nate A

Nate A New Member

Great, great book. The whole series is worth reading. I read Ishmael right as I was starting Paleo/Primal, and it all just made sense and clicked. I need to re-read it now that it's been two years. I may take some new meaning from it now, as I have learned so much in this time.

May I suggest another book along the lines of Ishmael that I enjoyed even more - it's called "The Gnoll Credo" and is a bit more poignant and cuts to the chase. The author, J. Stanton, does a great job of not only emphasizing the benefits of a paleo-type diet, but ties it all together in to a complete lifestyle. The book really hit me hard. I plan on re-reading here soon. Click here to read about the book on Amazon.com and learn more at Gnolls.org

4. Tizawee

Tizawee New Member

Thanks for the link, Nate A. I read the blog entitled "Eat Like A Predator, Not Like Prey" to DH this morning. It really brought some paleo ideas into focus for him: why we now eat so much fish, why I won't spend grocery money on milk or juice (if he wants it, he buys it from his own money), and why we have no more snacks in the house. I liked it so well I shared it on FB and am ordering "The Gnoll Credo" as soon as I have some extra money.

5. LinD

LinD New Member

The Gnoll book isn't available for Nook or Kindle.... :-(