1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

hashi's and hives

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by MartiD, Jul 12, 2012.

1. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Ive been having several bouts with hives for last 7 months and after being tested by a Allergist found out I'm allergic to most things I breathe. I had issues and shots as a kids but never really as an adult until my out breaks in January. I've been starting injections but had another outbreak on Saturday. I'm attributing it to a night of cuddling with my very freaked out dog on the 4th...he hates fireworks. He is unfortunately my highest allergy! My last outbreak was in February when I had feather pillows at a hotel (second highest allergy)! Anyway, I'm taking Allergra and Zantac per my Dr orders and it helping some with rash but minimal. I've been reading about hives and came across a large amount of people who have hives from their Hashis. Any one with Hashis have this issue? I don't think I have hashis as I have none of symptoms but I am trying to get in with a new Dr and get a full blood work up.

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I used to. I was allergic to everything and had a very bad candida infection. I also found a naturopath MD who did a acupressure technique called NAET (www.naet.com) that used acupuncture. She cleared out all of them. Now there is an easier way with a laser though. I had hives at least once a week. I haven't had them now in about 10 years, I think.

3. MartiD

MartiD New Member

You did this for airborne allergies or for food allergies? I can't image how you would laser dust mites, mold, cedar tree, dog dander, etc. All of my food allergies came back negative.

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

MartiD....check out the thread on Histamine... I only test "allergic" to sugar, asparagus, almonds and beans....but I have serious histamine reactions to lots of foods...there are lots of pathways to getting hives...temperature, contact allergies, emotions, airborne allergies etc. Do you find CT helps? I use to go out in the middle of winter with hardly any clothes to chill my skin when I had chronic hives. I also got a case that lasted six weeks before I realized my antidepressant was the culprit (effexor....lots of people have the same reaction after months of being on it) I read a lot about Hashis and thyroid at the time because it seems that, as you said, chronic hives and thyroid issues can go together. In my case getting all my hormones optimal will help change my immune responses...could this part of your healing process too?

5. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

Marti I believe you let a glass of water sit out overnight to collect the allergens and laser through that. Colleen has more info at hcginfo in her section

Seahorse has good points too, perhaps a 2 pronged approach?

6. MartiD

MartiD New Member

SeaHorse, I did see that thread and will re-read it. My first outbreak was in January 2012 after I had lost about 50 lbs, been paleo since October and in much better health than I had been for 10 years! I originally thought it was epson salt baths that caused the outbreak but then ruled that out with my second out break 6 weeks later. After the testing in March I realize the 2nd outbreak was the feather pillows at the hotel the weekend of my outbreak. My Allergist said that since I had issues a a kid that it has resurfaced due to my age and it is very common. I do CT most every day although it isn't deep CT...water is pretty warm here in Mid-Missouri but at least once a week I try to get the water down to 55 degrees with lots of ice. I do spot CT my stomach most every day. I thought the CT bath I took Saturday morning might have been the cause but remembered that my arms were showing an outbreak that morning already. I really think it was a delayed reaction to the dog from Wednesday night but I may never really know for sure.

Hopefully the full blood panel (if I can ever get into my Dr.) will reveal if it is something else.