1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Has Sitting Kills, Moving Heals book been discussed?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Martha Ray, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

Has this been information been addressed.
    I am amazed by the book by Joan Vernikos PhD,
    former Director of NASA's Life Sciences Division
    Sitting Kills Moving Heals, How Simple Everyday Movement Will Prevent Pain Illness and Early Death - and Exercise Alone Won't.
    I Love it. Seems to be a missing piece for me.
    I have underlined almost the whole book.
    I love it almost as much as I love Epi-Paleo RX The Prescription for Disease Reversal and Optimal Health. Highly recommending both books to many She also has some You Tube videos but the book is really the one I love--a great study.
    https://www.amazon.com/Sitting-Kills-Moving-Heals-Everyday/dp/1610350189

Tuning your body..dance around the pole of gravity.

I can almost anticipate a Dr. Jack Kruse 'Quote' gestation.

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Thanks for the book tip. It appears to be worth looking into.

The health leaders and teachers I follow have gotten on the 'keep moving for health' bandwagon.

High impact cardio activities like running and jogging seem to have fallen into disfavor: over time they seem to tear down the body and joints and on balance are not really that good for you in long run (pardon pun).

Instead, high intensity interval training is in vogue and appears to be a game changer for many folks.

For simple homespun folks like me, we simply try to incorporate movement into our busy everyday lives. Few of us have the luxury of ample time slots to devote only to movement exercises.

So our strategy is to incorporate movements into everyday activities. For example, when reaching for an item in a floor cupboard space I try to remember to do a few knee bends. Or while standing at a desk I get a few stretches in. And so it goes all day long.

These ideas alone will keep us young and limber far into the aging game.

Martha Ray and Alex97232 like this.
  3. Matt Justice

Matt Justice New Member

Holy centered text Batman!

I concur with this message. Meditative walking in the woods is severely underrated.

Martha Ray likes this.
  4. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

Helps me to ....
    -Move more during the day
    -Take a walk daily
    -A short postural alignment Egoscue Method routine
    Egoscue was developed by Peter Egoscue author of the book Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain.
    -MELT www.meltmethod.com for myofascial hydration
    -And 1 to 3 times a day... for quick large body workout and NO dump....
    ZACH BUSH MD | 4 Minute Workout