1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Has Jack written about the color blind?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Matty, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Matty

Matty New Member

I was told as a kid I am "red/green deficient", which is a mild version of color blind. Uncles, cousin & grandpa were totally color blind. I am just really curious if this has any affect on light absorbtion as it could make me rethink my "normal" ways.

Any links to relevant info would be welcome. I have been following Jack's blog for a long time and cNtnrecall this coming up, my search has yielded nothing, but once upon a time I asked Jack if he' d touch on "color blind" and he said he'd touch on a lot of things! Lol

I have learned so much since that question, yet I'm no closer to the color blind answer. I am turning to smarter minds here, as I might have missed it or not put two and two together somewhere.

Cheers!

"And this ends Krusty's non-denominational holiday fun fest. So have a Merry Christmas, a Happy Chanukah, a Krazy Kwanzaa, a Tip Top Tet, and a solemn, eventful Ramadan. Now, over to my god, our sponsors." Krusty the Clown

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Green means cones are not great for color vision or camera function..........Red deficit is not good.......red increase ATP and the motor portions of water molecules and networks to offset the ROS of blue. So missing red means you cannot regenerate as well and you need to really dial down the chronic blue exposure.........and add back UV. This puts you at risk for AMD glaucoma, cataracts, mental disorders, Adrenal fatigue, depression, and AI's and lots of gut issues.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The most common types of hereditary color blindness are due to the loss or limited function of red cone (known as protan) or green cone (deutran) photopigments. This kind of color blindness is commonly referred to as red-green color blindness. This is usually tied to the X chromosome

• Protanomaly: In males with protanomaly, the red cone photopigment is abnormal. Red, orange, and yellow appear greener and colors are not as bright. This condition is mild and doesn’t usually interfere with daily living. Protanomaly is an X-linked disorder estimated to affect 1 percent of males.
    • Protanopia: In males with protanopia, there are no working red cone cells. Red appears as black. Certain shades of orange, yellow, and green all appear as yellow. Protanopia is an X-linked disorder that is estimated to affect 1 percent of males.
    • Deuteranomaly: In males with deuteranomaly, the green cone photopigment is abnormal. Yellow and green appear redder and it is difficult to tell violet from blue. This condition is mild and doesn’t interfere with daily living. Deuteranomaly is the most common form of color blindness and is an X-linked disorder affecting 5 percent of males.
    • Deuteranopia: In males with deuteranopia, there are no working green cone cells. They tend to see reds as brownish-yellow and greens as beige. Deuteranopia is an X-linked disorder that affects about 1 percent of males.
    So not all color blindness is the same..........and neither will their symptoms............it will lead to specific risk factors.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and specific disease based upon the subtracted frequencies........

5. Matty

Matty New Member

Dang. Worse than I thought.
    Thank you Jack, more to consider I suppose. Mine is mild, maybe the first one. I already avoid/block most blue light and add UV, but I need more time in the sun. Thanks again Jack, and Merry Christmas, Happy holidays!

6. Matty

Matty New Member

Would red light on the skin be a better route for me then? Quantlet, Dr Caroll's Thor machine, Lllt etc? Maybe the intra nasal? That looks rad. :)

7. endless

endless New Member

My father can see neither red nor green....and he has severe depression, AI issues and gut problems, as well as obesity.

8. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

9. Matty

Matty New Member

Yeah I'm similar. I can see most reds and greens, but far away, on darker shades can't tell them apart. I also struggle with really pale color differentiTion, I.e. Light pink looks pretty similar to light grey.

Thanks for the input, endless & Rerun. My cousin can't see any reds or greens no his health is no pretty picture. Seems to be inline with endless' father, sorry to hear about that btw.

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Matty, keep eating your seafood. DHA might improve your sight. Jack did touch on color blindness long ago, iirc he said he used to have the condition.

11. Matty

Matty New Member

Interesting, thanks nonchalant! I believe mine was worse long ago too, gotta keep at t!