1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Has anyone used cyrex labs for gliadin testing?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by curves64, Oct 19, 2012.

1. curves64

curves64 Silver

I'm wondering if anyone has used Cyrex Labs for gliaden testing. If so, which array did you get? Array 3 or 4? Their site is a bit confusing so any help navigating it would be helpful. It's not even clear how you order directly.

Array 3 – Wheat/Gluten Proteome Reactivity & Autoimmunity

Wheat/Gluten Proteome Reactivity & Autoimmunity

Wheat IgG ( CPT CODE : 86001 )

Wheat IgA ( CPT CODE : 83516 )

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgG ( CPT CODE : 86001-59 )

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgA ( CPT CODE : 83516-59 )

Native + Deamidated Alpha-Gliadin-33-mer IgG ( CPT CODE : 86001-59 )

Native + Deamidated Alpha-Gliadin-33-mer IgA ( CPT CODE : 83516-59 )

Alpha-Gliadin-17-mer IgG ( CPT CODE : 86001-59 )

Alpha-Gliadin-17-mer IgA ( CPT CODE : 83516-59 )

Gamma-Gliadin-15-mer IgG ( CPT CODE : 86001-59 )

Gamma-Gliadin-15-mer IgA ( CPT CODE : 83516-59 )

Omega-Gliadin-17-mer IgG ( CPT CODE : 86001-59 )

Omega-Gliadin-17-mer IgA ( CPT CODE : 83516-59 )

Glutenin-21-mer IgG ( CPT CODE : 86001-59 )

Glutenin-21-mer IgA ( CPT CODE : 83516-59 )

Gluteomorphin+Prodynorphin IgG ( CPT CODE : 86001-59 )

Gluteomorphin+Prodynorphin IgA ( CPT CODE : 83516-59 )

Gliadin-Transglutaminase IgG ( CPT CODE : 86256 )

Gliadin-Transglutaminase IgA ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Transglutaminase-2 IgG ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Transglutaminase-2 IgA ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Transglutaminase-3 IgG ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Transglutaminase-3 IgA ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Transglutaminase-6 IgG ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Transglutaminase-6 IgA ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Array 4 – Gluten-Associated Cross-Reactive Foods and Foods Sensitivity

Gluten-Associated Cross-Reactive Foods and Foods Sensitivity

Rye, Barley, Spelt, Polish Wheat IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256 )

Cow’s Milk IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Alpha-Casein & Beta-Casein IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Casomorphin IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Milk Butyrophilin IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Whey Protein IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Chocolate (Milk) IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Oats IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Yeast IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Coffee IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Sesame IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Buckwheat IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Sorghum IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Millet IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Hemp IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Amaranth IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Quinoa IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Tapioca IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Teff IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Soy IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Egg IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Corn IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Rice IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

Potato IgG + IgA Combined ( CPT CODE : 86256-59 )

2. Hi Curves! I have used them for Array 4. The results are quite interesting. Thank goodness chocolate wasn't one of my cross-reactions. I actually like the lab. I called and spoke with them almost two years ago when they were still fairly new. Great service then.

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I was looking at that array and wondered if it would have been better than what I did. Any idea what it costs for array? Mainly for the coffee and chocolate (I know, I know). It doesn't include the proteins or nuts but it does really seem to get to the point with dairy.

4. curves64

curves64 Silver

Thank you Patty Cakes! I'll call them tomorrow since their website is confusing. Do you have a gliadin intolerance or other allergy that you were testing for (I'm not sure of the correct terminology here)? Dr. K. suggested I find out exactly what I'm allergic to since I tested positive, and make sure to remove it completely from my diet. He also suggested that the offending food might be found in my make up as well.

Gliadin is everywhere. I had been saving two boxes of jelly beans in my freezer in case I had a sugar attack. I'd always thought they would be "safe" since I suspected I had an intolerance to gluten. Yesterday, I checked the ingredients for the first time -- ingredients 2 and 3 "wheat syrup and modified corn starch!" In jelly beans no less! The biggest joke is that I might be allergic to everything BUT chocolate, and that the ONLY SWEET I DON'T like! That totally amuses me. I'm glad you get to keep your favorite :)

5. curves64

curves64 Silver

Hi Vkiernan. I don't know the price yet but will shortly. I'm going to give them a call either tomorrow or Monday so I will let you know what I discover. :)

6. It's different from what you did at Enterolabs V. The array 4 tells a person what foods our bodies identify as gluten even though they are not gluten. Did that make sense?

7. This is different than an allergy. If you can't tolerate gluten you may have an intolerance that acts like gluten in your system. See my response to V.

Also the lab only dealt with licensed healthcare professionals back then. They were nice for asking questions but they were unwilling to have customers purchase direct from them. Maybe it's different now.

I think the price is around $500 for Array 4.

8. curves64

curves64 Silver

hmmm, I suppose I'm confused as to what lab Dr. K is suggesting I get. I'd better ask again if it's array 4. It will be great to know for sure which foods negatively affect my body after guessing all these years.

And, I think you're right about them dealing only with healthcare professionals. It's probably why their site is so cryptic for patients.

9. Ooops, I meant $400 for Array 4, not $500.

If you are determining if you are Celiac or not I think it is 1 or 2.

They are also supposed to have an amazing auto-immune Array test that tests you for other AI's you may have. I think that is what that new test is. An old doc of mine had told me about it because he was waiting to use it in his practice. It's the last test on the list although I don't know anything about the value or accuracy of it. Not promoting it by any means just mentioning it.

10. curves64

curves64 Silver

Thank you! I don't think Dr. K. though I had any auto immunity stuff going on but it was a little hard hearing everything as his mike kept going in and out! It was making me crazy.

I have a friend who is an acupuncturist who is giving me the clinician price so I'm going to see if I can find this test in one of the two labs where she is registered. I saved 50% on the last round of labs.

11. Good luck Curves! It's a lot of work getting all this donw but I'm sure you'll find it well worth it. Keep us posted on your results!

12. curves64

curves64 Silver

Thank you so much for your help!

13. Owl

Owl New Member

14. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

It does now; thank you very much. I had no idea. Crap, one in all reality should do this too when knowing they are gluten intolerant. I have a feeling when you body has been fighting it for so long that it probably makes a reaction to almost everything. I'm thinking Jack should do a blog on all this since a lot of us are affected. Patty, where can I find more info? Do they have a lot on their website that would be useful?

I really got to get a handle on all of this. Saw my doc yesterday and it's pretty clear I still have adrenal fatigue. Pretty bummed. Have to get that ASI test done to see what direction if any.

15. curves64

curves64 Silver

Great resource, Owl, thank you! They provide great descriptions of the two arrays as well.

Cyrex Labs Array 3 is designed to help determine more about a person's sensitivity to different parts of the wheat kernel including several aspects of gliadin, glutenin and even the wheat germ. The test was designed because so many people found they were healthier on a gluten free diet but tested negative with current testing at that time. The doctors involved with the lab wanted to find a way of better predicting who could benefit from a gluten free diet. Even today most gluten aware doctors will still only order a tTG or EM test (tissue transglutaminase or endomysial antibodies) and if these come back negative declare that you are not gluten sensitive. Researchers have found that about 12 different parts of wheat can cause significant antibody reactions resulting in a 24 step test including IgG and IgA antibodies for each of these 12 components.

Cyrex Labs Array 4
    is an adjunct to Array 3. Array 3 looks more specifically at wheat gluten sensitivity and Array 4 looks at other foods that gluten sensitive people often react to. Generally is a person is already gluten free, we don’t bother with Array 3 and go instead to Array 4. If a person isn’t sure about their gluten status, Array 3 along with a genetic test can be most convincing. Test results for Array 4 are source of excellent information but it isn’t perfect. A “yes” means “yes” but a “no” means “maybe”. Sometimes you test negative for barley even though barley is a problem. It could be because you have been gluten-free for more than 3 weeks (that’s all it takes to quiet an antibody blood test) or the barley isn’t causing a specific antibody of its own but the barley gluten might still be activating the wheat gluten. This is true of the Polish Wheat, Sorghum and Spelt. When you get your results we will review them with you so you understand the significance for you and your health.