1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hardly a need for glasses anymore!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Erin Gaiser, Sep 22, 2018.

1. I ditched my glasses and contacts altogether in May 2018 (except for driving). We were out in the sun as much as possible this summer. We stopped using artificial light during the day and evening somewhere during the summer when I started reading about all that stuff. At some point maybe August we started using blue blockers at night. Right now it is the end of September and I did another test at the optometrist: before -2.75 and now just -.75 and -1.25! I am back to the same eye sight of when I got my first glasses!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

nice success Erin. My partner has sustantiably lower pressure in both eyes when tested this morning - so all the morning sun etc is paying off.

Phosphene likes this.
  3. Dani

Dani New Member

That's fantastic, Erin! And the optometrist always says, "Oh, you're just getting older. There's nothing that can be done." I bet the doc was pretty impressed by your improvement. Were you asked about what you did and if so, how did the doc take your response?

4. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I've been myopic since childhood. I dislike corrective lenses (they are only a crutch and some in the field believe they do indeed weaken the eyes causing progressive myopia).

One thing I notice as I advance in years is improvement in my far vision. I can now go without glasses and still have far vision acute enough for tasks like driving. However, my once formidable near vision has diminished somewhat-- presumably presbyopia, attributable to aging of eye parts).

It is my understanding that it is actually common for many myopic people to have an improvement in far vision as they age, but also diminishing of near vision.

Myopia seems to be an acquired functional dysfunction in most cases, due to our modern misuse of eyes (used to be caused by book reading in childhood education, now also blue screen detail reading).

There are many alternative schools of thought that buck the conventional wisdom that only corrective lenses will help the problem--- probably the foremost practitioner of a natural approach to getting rid of glasses was Dr Bates (who by the way was far ahead of his time for recommending what he called sunning the eyes to improve vision).

Dr Kruse would be proud.

Helio Silva likes this.