1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

haplotype?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Billybats, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hey, yes im back with another hopefully not a stupid question.

I googled this and searched on here, came to the conclusion this has to do with my mom and her mom's birth place, I guess. If there is a test I can not do it at this time. If you need info of them, here it goes. My mom's mom whom was a piece of work, she said it like it is. Anyway, born in Italy but not sure if it was Sicily or Naples. My dads mom is from Sicily for sure. My mom was born in Brooklyn, NY. I was born in Brooklyn also but we moved to NJ when I was 10. My mom died of breast cancer 74 years old. Her mom died at 94, not sure how for some reason I don't know but will ask my aunt in a few weeks. Not sure if what they ate matters. I do know my grandma was always outside every day chatting with the neighbors and had a garden

Thank you again everyone.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

23andme.com

Get it.

3. Christina Coe

Christina Coe New Member

Jack, do you just need the ancestry test that tells you the halpotype? Nothing else from them?

4. TrishRan

TrishRan New Member

5. Tarun

Tarun New Member

Is my understanding correct that the advice to change your living location based on haplotype is overruled by 5G considerations?

6. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

I did a test with AGS for a variety of things with Advanced Genomics Made Simple. It's a drug sensitivity genetic profile. Also, I have 23&me coming as well. Is this the same type of report one gets from 23&me?

The people who did the test said it states my haplotype. I have no clue whatsoever what below means. Can anyone tell me what haplotype I am and what it really means? Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 8.20.53 PM.png

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 10:39 AM