1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Haplotype and SNPs

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Dani, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Dani

Dani New Member

I am new to the site, but have diligently been reading and listening to Dr. Kruse this past month. In the questions segment following his Nourish Vermont 2017 talk he states whether or not where you live is right for you can be determined by your haplotype, 677, 1298, VDR receptor and CBS. I recently received my 23 and Me results and I'm looking for this information. I found my haplotype (J1c3), but can't seem to find the rest. Do I need to have the data extracted by another lab or am I just not looking in the right place? If another lab is needed, any suggestions on who to use? I want to have this information before I begin my Optimal Journal.

2. drezy

drezy Gold

It should be there in your raw data file

3. Dani

Dani New Member

Thank you for your reply. In looking at the Raw Data File under the header "Genes" I do see several results for CBS, but if I search for VDR receptor or the numbers (677 or 1298) I get the response, "No genes or markers matching..." Should I be looking for this information under the Genes header or under the header "Marker or SNP?"

4. drezy

drezy Gold

5. drezy

drezy Gold

So look through your raw data file for:
    rs1801133
    rs1801131
    rs2274976

6. drezy

drezy Gold

All your data is there. Any lab "analyzing" it is just looking like you can do on your own and they will try to sell you sh*t you don't need after that.

Jude likes this.
  7. Dani

Dani New Member

Thanks a lot. That is very helpful.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

Helpful is my middle name.

9. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

We know SNP. What is SAP(single amino acid polymorphism). Where do we find it? Sorry if my question is stupid. I may already know my saps but have no idea if its that. Am so confused about it.

drezy likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

You have me at a disadvantage. I haven't focused much on the genome other than occasionally helping some people sort their data.

You may be explaining the topic to me at some point.

Antonis likes this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’m sure you do a great job sorting, but I thought doc asks for results put through Genetic Genie?

http://geneticgenie.org/

Antonis likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Genetic genie is great for that.

Antonis likes this.
  13. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Lol. I dont think so. Researched a lot but I still don't get it. I was thinking maybe you get your saps from the health risk genetic test.

14. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Genetic genie is great. But I thought you only het your SNPs there from your raw data. What is our SAPs tho??

15. John Saf

John Saf New Member

16. drezy

drezy Gold

This is what I found:
    https://str.llnl.gov/content/pages/july-2015/images/hart_1_380.jpg

https://str.llnl.gov/july-2015/hart

Explained there as the DNA (SNPs) is blueprint to the amino acid protein sequence(SAPs).

That process is so peculiar.

Their page seems to indicate they may not be ready yet
    https://blog.myheritage.com/2016/11/myheritage-dna-your-questions-answered/

"Q. Will MyHeritage provide haplogroups?

A. This is our intention, but we cannot give an ETA yet on when this will be available."

You may want to email them and ask.

John Saf and Antonis like this.
  17. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Oil
    GGod stuff!!! So I don't think doing genetic health risks test is necessary. So I guess SAPs is what we see with SNps?

18. drezy

drezy Gold

My understanding is still on the simple side, but assuming that your transcription process is working and you're not currently mutating it seems like the SAP should contain the SNP info and vice versa. I'd love to learn if that's not quite correct though from anyone in-the-know.

Antonis likes this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

I think the amino acids that go into building our proteins are the SAPS.

So if we were ever cornered and got eaten by bears they wouldn't be be tasting the SNPS as much as the complexity of the SAPS and resultant luscious proteins we posses.

In this scenario the bear eating my (hopefully) lifeless corpse would look up and ask "Hey, do we have any horseradish and cabbage in the cave? I feel like it would pair really well."

The bear eating your (hopefully) lifeless corpse would reply "No but I sure would kill for a pita wrap and some tzatziki right about now."

Antonis likes this.
  20. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

I like the examples you use. Although It takes me few minutes to understand , it worthy