1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hannah's optimum journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by HannahS, Apr 2, 2018.

1. HannahS

HannahS New Member

I’m in the process of implementing lifestyle changes, I have a few questions that I would like some help with

1. how do i get vitamin C in the winter if I eat a seasonal diet ? i had been getting vitamin C from Camu berry and acerola cherry powder which are not seasonal or local.

2. I’d like to get a UV light bulb. Should I get a UVA or UVB or UVA/UVB light bulb? What are recommendations for time of day to use it and for how long ie, any restrictions on the time of use? Websites selling UV lights say not to look at it, I suppose based on the old theory that all UV light is bad for you, But can you actually get too much? can my dogs get too much?

3. Glasses question on tints. I work indoors with LED screens, computers, florescent lights, and wifi. I have RAoptics reddish orange blue blockers which i’m using at night, which are fantastic, and UVEX blue blockers over my regular untinted prescription glasses when doing computer work during the day. I still have a few hours on most days that I’m looking at a screen without any blockers since I need color perception for my job, so I’m still getting blue light toxicity. For the rest of the time at work I sometimes need a little color perception, sometimes I need no color perception.

1. During the day, what tint is best when exposed to blue light from computers and indoor lights to protect my eyes? yellow/amber lens blue blockers? my uvex googles? or something else? My uvex goggles provide good coverage but keep falling off my face
    2. For night time driving with those horrible white LED street lights, I need a recommendation for what tint of glasses to try? The uvex glasses and reddish orange lens nighttime blue blockers block out too much light for safe driving at night.
    thank you

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

1. you don't need Vitamin C unless you are a carbowhore outside of the solar cycle
    2. I think UVA bulbs are fine for 9-4PM
    3. Id wear the Raoptics to work. I do.
    4. I use bluetech from 9AM through 4Pm after that I use 550 BPI tints that Raoptics uses.
    5. I use my 550 BPI tints.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Hannah......

HannahS likes this.