1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hair?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by CarolandNick, Jul 2, 2018.

1. I have been following Jack for nearly a year now. reading and researching in my spare time. I still feel like a "beginner" - there is just so much information here, and its takes time to process it. This may have been asked before - but what is the point of the hair on our heads? This is the only hair on our body that continues to grow, and can get really long. I have read in some cultures this indicates some kind of power... it is generally considered to be providing some kind of protection for the head, but as I am having my mind blown by so much I read here I have stopped taking things at face value ;-)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

they are an antenna for EMF that comes from your hair follicle. The very same hair follicle where your melanocytes on your skin keep your stem cells for melanocytes.....People with vitiligo and alopecia have circadian disruption of the hair follicle and their ability to use the sun well.

3. Trev Douglas

Trev Douglas Gold Member

I have wondered about body hair...and how some are naturally hairy and others not.
    I am naturally fairly hairy chested and wondered if it is a hinderance to harvesting sunlight, or the perfect moderator for extending sun time...a natural solar callous optimizer!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

More time you spend in sun more hair grows........when you lose hair it is because your cells are STARVED for light from our star.

This is why diabetics lose their hair from blue light and why their skin changes and why when they get back in the sun hair sweating and skin thickness all change.

5. What about for us ladies? I personally don't relish the thought of more body hair ;) , but I have never been the girl that was obsessive about removing it either. I am ok with it how it is. Sugaring/waxing always felt wrong to me .... the pain surely isn't good for us... but there is a cultural pressure to remove it. What are we doing to ourselves?
    What is the reason women are (usually) less hairy than men?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nature doesn't really have any concern for vanity and neither do I. You can do and believe what you like. My task is to bring the science data to you, it is not designed to make you like what it means.

7. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

There was a time when people used products with loads of heavy metals as cosmetics. People do weird things out of vanity.

Jack Kruse likes this.
  8. Many people start graying in their thirties and they say it is genetic. Is graying genetic? If one is a mitochondriac out in the sun alot at what age would graying be normal?

Can I expect my hair to become brown again with alot of sun? It is about one quarter gray. Why does it gray?

9. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Why do men grow beards & not females?

10. Inger

Inger Silver

My guess is, it is partly genetic, but we can delay it with being naked in the sun a lot? :)
    My bosses wife is all gray and she is my age, but she colors her hair so you cant tell. She is almost never outside. I have a few gray/white hair you cant really see...my sister that is a few years younger has more gray and she is never naked in the sun because of religious dogma, but she do is outside a bit though but no way enough.
    My dad became gray/white (dad is very white skinned, freckles and red hair, mum is dark skinned and brown hair) in his 30ies and my mum is still brown haired. My dad worked shift work...mum was a stay home mum, always liked the sun - but I do guess genetics too plays a role. I am curious how fast I will turn white! ;)

Antonis likes this.
  11. I am curious too.

12. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

Yup...I know grey is a sign of the stem cells no longer producing the pigment needed for color (melanin i believe)....somewhere I read too much hydrogen peroxyde and not enough catalyse.

Either genetics (expressed because of ) stress and environnmental factors are responsible.

Now...can we get the cells to restart again...dunno..would love to know a biohack

Melinda Hood likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

I remember Doc mentioning that the age you gray at is related to your parents (mom?). The rate you gray at is indicative of your heteroplasmy. He also mentioned a series of hair hacks years ago as not producing meaningful results. Not sure if anything has changed.

Melinda Hood likes this.
  14. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

I wonder how native people disconnected from modern life with tons of sun gray as they age. I also wonder if baldness has to do some with circadian mismatches.

Melinda Hood likes this.
  15. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

There are some clues that baldness indeed indicates a deeper problem:

Melinda Hood and Mike David like this.