1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hair Mineral Analysis Help

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by seanb4, May 19, 2015.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

NUTRITIONAL ELEMENTS:
    Calcium 49 (22-97)
    Magnesium 3.5 (11-2)
    Sodium 3 (4-36) LOW
    Potassium 2 (2-24)
    Copper 1.2 (0.9-3.9)
    Zinc 17 (10-21)
    Phosphorus 16 (11-20)
    Iron 1.1 (0.5-1.6)
    Manganese 0.022 (.01-.13)
    Chromium 0.04 (0.02-0.08)
    Selenium 0.05 (0.03-0.18)
    Boron 0.02 (0.02-0.91)
    Cobalt .001 (.001-.003)
    Molybdenum .003 (.003-.008)
    Sulfur 4288 (3546-5336)

TOXIC METALS HIGH:
    Arsenic 0.22
    Mecury 0.25

SIGNIFICANT RATIOS:
    Ca/P 3.06 (1.6-3.6)
    Na/K 1.5 (1.4-3.4)
    Ca/K 24.5 (2.2-6.2) EXTREMELY HIGH
    Zn/Cu 14.17 (4-12) HIGH
    Na/Mg .86 (2-6) LOW
    Ca/Mg 14 (3-11) HIGH
    Fe/Cu .92 (.2-1.6)

What seems to stand out to me is my calcium ratio being way too high compared to other electrolytes. Also my minerals all seem to be at the bottom of the reference range.

I think the calcium ratio could be playing a big part in my heart problems. Does this have something to do with calcium efflux/EMFs or is there something else at play?

The arsenic and mercury levels could be from canned mackerel (been eating it daily for ~a year)

The report says my mineral profile indicates lack of stomach acid which I have long suspected but I am unsure how they came to this conclusion...

Any suggestions/thoughts appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Hi Sean :)

I think of hair as a secondary excretion route. No mercury or arsenic in the hair could mean low levels in the body, or it could mean there is any amount, but the body can't use the hair to help shift it. So having mercury and arsenic in the hair sample could be a good sign. ;) As for the other results, what minerals were excreted to help bring out the metals? Is the excess of some a good sign (body getting rid of what it doesn't want), is the low readings on others also a good sign (body keeping what it needs).

Thinking of hair as an antenna, is your body trying to optimise the structure of the antenna to improve its function or to protect the organism as a whole, within the environment you are in? N=1.

I.e. is a hair sample simply a reflection of the body's best response to what the cells are sensing?

:)

seanb4 likes this.
  3. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hi Sue,

So are you saying that hair is used as a detox pathway? If this is the case then the results obtained wouldn't be that useful as you say because certain things could be in high amounts because they are getting excreted, etc.

I was under the impression that the hair would be like a snapshot of whats in your cells currently...

It would make sense if the body excreted excess minerals through the hair though.

4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

:confused:
    I think it is a detox pathway, and what is excreted may be related to light.

Apparently different frequencies of light stimulate different enzymes, which may account for what is being excreted. We may excrete more of different things at different seasons, in line with the light cycle. Or it could be a way of getting metals away from the blood flow in the scalp, or a metal that is in a particular form. Faster growing hair might also encourage the body to throw more off. Or it may just be a back up system if one of the major elimination routes needs help.

I don't see it as a snapshot of what's in the cells, it could just as easily be what the cells are managing to keep out ....:eek: Having the benefit of the seafood, but the body having the right nutrients in the seafood, to be able to move what it doesn't need out maybe ..?;) All sorts of possibilities .......

seanb4 likes this.
  5. notsoperfick

notsoperfick New Member

6. notsoperfick

notsoperfick New Member

7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Okay so it appears the significance of my ratios are as follows:

Ca/K - Sluggish thyroid 50-75% energy loss

Na/Mg - Adrenal Insufficiency 50% or more energy loss

Na/K - Moderate inversion - kidney and liver dysfunction, allergies, arthritis, adrenal exhaustion, digestive problems, deficiency of hydrochloric acid.

Ca/Mg - Severe sugar and simple carbohydrate sensitivity

Zn/Cu - copper deficiency or unavailability

Could any of these be partailly fixed by mineral supplementation? My sodium and pottasium intake is fairly low... I seemed to have developed an aversion to salt over the last year or so... however my salt level is low...is this related to pottassium some how?

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Very interesting Sue, thanks!

9. notsoperfick

notsoperfick New Member

The first link was quite helpful regarding supplementation not really having an effect, the suggestion was a parathyroid issue which would need to be looked at and treated.

seanb4 likes this.
  10. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Thats what I was thinking however the link is about blood calcium levels which is different to hair analysis...

I am considering experimenting upping potassium salt intake in hopes it will help my heart problems however I have read that the hair analysis doesn't accurately represent those levels, furthermore it could by just parathyroid. Like I said though my current intake is low.

11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Is it worth supplementing potassium or should I just up magnesium levels to sort it out? My daily potassium is like 30% of RDA though I know that's a pretty useless measure.