1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hacking Make Up

Discussion in 'Female Quantum Biology' started by ScottishEmma, Jul 21, 2017.

1. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

There was some discussion a few weeks ago about stopping using make up.

I know it's the right thing to do and because I execute fairly quickly I began about two or three weeks ago.

This has been such a huge thing for me as my skin has always been terrible (only just realised that blue light was probably the cause of my acne from 14 - 37 (with the exception of two pregnancies/breastfeeding where my skin was flawless).

Because I have a bit of colour on my face it's working out not too bad. My skin on my face has always been quite red but it's not looking so red now against a browner complexion than a white one - if that makes sense?

I'm still using some powdered eyeliner and Dr. Haushka mascara (wearing mascara all these years is probably the reason my eyelashes need mascara to stand out) but that's all I'm putting on my face.

Psychologically this has been a real turning point: being willing to face the world without paint.

I wonder if other women here could share what they do with make up or what they've found since giving it up?

Any other hacks?

caroline, Mystic Rose60 and Rela like this.
  2. Rela

Rela New Member

I am also going makeup free..... Since last 3-4 months I just did it twice for night parties.My melasma is worse but I am way more confident.

ScottishEmma and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The current Patreon blog blows make up up.........

4. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Epic blog Jack and am looking forward to that new book!

My skin has done nothing but improve over the past two years and especially since giving up the foundation and powders. I only wear a little organic mascara and eyeliner once a week when hubby and I go out for our date day. Morning sun has been so amazing for my skin, and not just my face. I keep it simple ladies. I have nothing on my facial skin in my profile picture. That is my sun callus and just a little organic mascara and eyeliner. Your natural beauty is going to shine through when you begin to make your melatonin and dopamine and you sleep well and regenerate. You are going to go out in the world and sparkle like a beautiful diamond! I'm not being vain here either, just sharing the truth with you. You just have to begin and you will know it then. Take off your mask and set yourself free and begin! You won't look back.:love::thumbsup::thumbsup: My favorite facial moisturizer has become organic coconut oil with some added jasmine oil and a little MB now. I also hack with a derma roller twice per week, to help build the collagen when I go out into the morning sun and I drink nothing but my good spring water and my seafood and fish are crucial too.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I never liked makeup anyway - it always felt like a mask to me so it was no big deal to go with out - and I have never had the patience for mascara etc.
    A few times I would stop at a Channel makeup counter at a department store and they would make me up. I would just go -"Are you kidding me??? Is this how you think I look better??????"

I just use some oil in coconut oil with MB now . Ghee made my face breakout a little.

Just to throw a spanner in the works Amazing Emma ....A lot of us gave up all jewellery quite awhile back ......

Brent Patrick and ScottishEmma like this.
  6. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Thanks, ladies! Really appreciate your feedback and I'm inspired to keep at this! I have two friends who never wear make up and they're both beautiful!

@caroline yeah, I don't wear any now either. I took out my belly button ring when I discovered Jack a few months ago and now the wedding ring is off! I'm actually getting a new wedding ring made of wood! :)

Brent Patrick and caroline like this.
  7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I think I wore a bit of mascara last year for DD's graduation. My vanity (I prefer to call it my dopamine lift ...:p) is getting a bit of colour through my hair every 12 weeks. Not enough grey for it to be a graceful grey IYKWIM, but its enough to look obvious in my otherwise naturally brown hair. But I do have a bet on with my hairdresser that I can stop it getting worse, or even possibly reversing it. She's interested because a lot of women are going grey early, and she herself is in a high nnemf blue light toxic environment. (She's made changes. She has not only got the pics from my handbag, I took in the file :)) But I've seen women in there who obviously dye their hair, they are plastered in makeup, sat there having stuff painted on their nails. And staring at their phones if they are waiting. My hairdresser usually asks what crazy thing I'm up to .... not sure next time what she'll make of my fish oil hair conditioning treatment and fish oil face and body cream. Don't think she'll be offering to sell it through the salon. :rofl:

caroline likes this.
  8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Emma and others,

I am 53 years old and used make up on and off only for special occasions because I was allergic to it all. I have tried DIY, it was ok but still bothered me. I had awesome skin in high school but when I was 20 I tried birth control pills for less than a year and broke out ever since really bad. It has gotten better since menopause and when I was using progesterone cream for the same amount of time I have been in menopause but since I stopped using progesterone it started back a little. So I shall see what happens down the line. As for sunscreen, maybe used that a total combined of 2 years my whole life, allergic to that too.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  9. shiran

shiran Curious

In which form do you apply the MB? Spray ? Can you send a link to the product, thanks
    Can you send a link to the derma roller as well thank you

ScottishEmma likes this.
  10. shiran

shiran Curious

I do not use makeup
    I noticed in the last month of intensive AM exposure my face skin is glowing
    I'm curious to know if you go out to the AM sun with coconut oil or any other Natural product besides MB dose it affect the absorption of the AM sun ??

ScottishEmma likes this.
  11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Some oils like coconut and olive oil have SPF, which is why I use ghee.
    My ultimate goal is for my skin to be working so well that it produces what it should, when it should, so I don't need to use anything. Never seen a wild animal slapping on the contents of a pot of face cream, however natural. :D

ScottishEmma and caroline like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

One option is to have tattoo on eyelashes,
    but the ink is likely worst than mascara.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  13. Stardust

Stardust Silver

I gave up makeup 7 months ago and my skin feels amazing. AM exposure and CT was the cherry on top.

ScottishEmma and caroline like this.
  14. Inger

Inger Silver

using make up working indoors in fake light could be a good thing, no?
    of course organic, good quality one ;)

I am using less and less make up too.... my goal is NONE!
    I go outside in the morning light with no make up every day.... and I tell women, never start using make up... it is so hard to quit...but the skin gets better the less you use :) :) :)
    In fact - I have coworkers tell me I look younger now than my age...
    Cant tell.. I was a smoker for many years.. and addicted to the sun since a child.. so I do have wrinkles....lol But I feel my skin is getting better instead of worse as I age.. yay :) :)

Brent Patrick likes this.
  15. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yes, I get colour put through my hair too. I'm not grey but I like to switch it up. I'm not so keen on my latest foray though. I'm going to let my natural colour come through now... Funny you mention your hairdresser. Mine is having fertility problems. The light in the hairdressers is atrocious not to mention that she's using hairdryers near her groin (client seated of course) all day 5 days a week... Shame!

I'm going to give fish oil on face another try now that my plukes have gone away...

Do you CT your face?

Yes, I thought the same re indoors. My friend who is photosensitive wears lots of makeup and she thinks it's a good thing for her skin. Shame she also avoids natural sunlight...

I too smoked for about 11 years from age 16 - 27. Stopped immediately when I had pre-cancerous cells burned from my cervix!! Stupidist damn thing I've ever done. Trying to erase that damage!

caroline likes this.
  16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I've got someone hacking it as a night treatment to try and clear her face. She cuts open the capsule, puts it on neat, about an hour before going to bed, and washes off the excess before getting in to bed. Not how I suggested she used it, but she intuitively likes that better. Had me thinking about Finsen's red room. I'll report back how she gets on. :)

ScottishEmma likes this.
  17. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

@ScottishEmma This is one of the pics I've shown to my hairdresser, about the implications of blue light generally, but also on hair greying prematurely. (Pic From Reality 3). My hair hack is based around this, because I'm aware that having the hair colour is technically makeup, and I'm just disguising the heteroplasmy rate on my scalp.
    upload_2017-7-23_9-0-4.png
    Its also why I used a sun hat in very high UV (when we get it :rolleyes:). It has holes I can see through, I call it my kiniki hat :). Still lets a lot of light through, but my hypothesis :rofl: is that my grey springs mainly from my hair parting, and the hat helps protect my scalp RBCs and hair pigment from over bleaching from high UV, and keeps the CSF cooler. My scalp massage with my mix was really good, (hindsight - maybe should have done a patch test first, but luckily my scalp and hair loved it). :)

ScottishEmma likes this.
  18. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

You've just reminded me with the head talk... I get weirded out putting my blue blockers up on my head to rest when not using them momentarily. Inside or outside. It just feels weird. As if they shouldn't be on the top of my head.

Strange?

19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

My amber ones (which I'm not using now), I don't like, not even on my eyes now. The home made ones I'm hacking don't bother me in the same way. :)

ScottishEmma likes this.
  20. Stardust

Stardust Silver