1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

hack protocols

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Sep 29, 2015.

1. i thought it mnight be a nice idea to have some basic protocols that can be applied in a wiki type crowdsourced platform like what devin is going to do, but simple on this site

it might look like this for each

NICTOTINE

Indications:

COntraindications:

MEchanism of action:

Suggested times: etc etc

zohar, seanb4, Optimalbound and 6 others like this.
  2. Brother John

Brother John Silver

3. nicld

nicld Gold

That is a great idea. Them someone might not just jump into something without knowing fully about it (aka messing with light).

Cpt.Tired and seanb4 like this.
  4. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Super-awesome-wonderful idea...! We need a Wikia of a running list of biohacks we're all doing, the reasons for doing them, and then list them in Alphabetical order or whatnot. Like you mentioned, coming up with broad-stroke categories is the first step and then being able to sort them would be amazing for anyone coming to the forums. This sort of stuff is second nature to me (my skill set at db work and in systems) to put something together actually if anyone needs help.

For me, I'm going to list a FEW of the biohacks I'm doing currently with the categories in-mind:

1. Biohack DHA/Seafood (Oysters from PacNW, Shrimp from Florida, Salmon from Norway, grassfed foods/butter ~ 7x per week, staples in diet): For increase magnetism and mitrochondrial funneling of electrons for optimal energy use in body tissues
    2. Biohack Cysteine (Garlic, Asparagus, Bell Pepper, Egg, Chicken ~ staples in diet): Hardest to find amino acid in nature to help with energy management with Glutathione.
    3. Biohack Ketosis/Ketotic Diet/Epi-Paleo/Low-Carb (Eating around 40g-80g daily in the summer/fall, eating around 10g - 20g sugars in the winter) ATP impact, reduction of cytokines, etc.
    4. Biohack Gut flora boosting (Taking 'RestoreForLife' supplement which is touted to restore the gut biome) Widespread benefits
    5. Biohack Gaining Electrons (RO Water, Taking flights of stairs down holding metal-railing connected to ground, 30mins minimum Grounding/earthing, etc.) Replenishment of electrons to compensate for electrons suckage from environment
    6. Biohack nnEMF (Backreflecting RF-EMF with silver/copper threaded clothing & caps on brain, mitigating lots of tech, hardwiring connections in home instead of Wifi, etc.) Less overall suckage like the leech in the sky that it is
    7. Biohack Light (Morning light exposure, using certain types of indoor lights at various times, blue-blocking with amber glasses, F.lux, etc.) Controlling light for optimal use in the time of day

Etc., etc. This helps to identify the types of categoreis and what information could be sorted in a wiki.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  5. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks for sharing. I am a little apprehensive about putting anything on here since it seems everyone want to criticize what people are doing and being constantly told “your wrong” (quantum group). But everyone is an N=1.

I will work on my light hack and maybe post it.

Scompy likes this.
  6. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Yeah, sentiment understood. The way I view this topic is that, individually, we need specific tweaking. It's a conditional/variable issue, right? Since I live in Seattle vs. the next person that lives near the equator, the types of biohacks will be different. This may be another category altogether to lookup to see what higher frequency of biohack-categories we see people implementing in Los Angeles, CA vs. Seattle, WA. I mention these two places because I was under SEVERE nn-EMF in LA everywhere. In Seattle where I live right now, I've mitigated nearly all nn-EMF sources, but now I have a little access to morning light so I have to rely on DHA much more. And I've been trying natural UVA morning light with an IR machine as a possible hack. Maybe my hack is less optimal than just getting straight clouded-sunlight. It's why I posted my hack here. :) In other words, these types of hacks are kind of begging the creation of a Wikia of us on the forum, and if we are willing, to post the biohacks we are doing for public response. We get some of them from the Forum Journals right now, but there's often no follow-up or specific, standardized data points. I've been reading a lot recently, and lotta good stuff. But it would also be cool if there was a go-to-place where we could post all of our current protocols, biohacks and changes we do that can be linked among all forum-users.

Then, a whole sweep of the forum-metadata could be collected to see what biohacks are the most common, what locations/environments people are living and working in, what benefits they are reporting, etc. as a go-to location for forum-users if they care about comparing what they are doing with other forum users. For practical use, any user could click on any keyword like "nn-EMF sources" and the website could show me all reported sources and how to biohack them. For instance, we might see 'Leaf Blower' and 'Airplane flight' on that list showing an intensity meter for using an active leaf-blower for an hour vs. flying on an airplane for an hour. Wouldn't you love to know that info all cataloged somewhere in an go-to-place about the data individuals have collected? Sure, some data is going to be off at times and may need to be corrected. But a forum-user could quickly find and compare all of the biohacks and protocols people are trying. You know, very easy-navigating Wikia-types of links and tables. Also, once there are enough Wikia-type pages established with a particular format, new forum-users will know what to mimic for their own biohacks.

Reporting biohacks in a central location will be risky for the individual because it's putting that person 'out-there' for embarrassment. (Personally I think my own health trumps any public embarassment if I'm doing something wrong). But that check-sum is what I'm looking for! If someone is thinking another person is biohacking something incorrectly or flat-out wrong, it could be identified quickly and other users could comment on the potential flaws of the biohack, make suggestions, etc. This is totally new territory for everyone--it's like diving into a swimming pool for the first time. For me personally, I love it when others critically analyze my biohacks/protocols and try to rip them a new outcome... 'cause it results in optimizing them even more. Ultimately, it's up to me to decide if I also alter that biohack or not. Confidence plays into this, huh? ;)

nicld likes this.
  7. nicld

nicld Gold

I am working on mine for UVA and UVB light right now. I will make sure to put alot of n=1 in there. I don't mine if someone says "hey maybe that is not the best" but I hope they at least have something to back it up.

Been reading alot on light right now and holy crap, it makes sense to me. I am working on the book by John Ott and I love it. His work is written in a way that I can understand it. For the life of me I do not know how I got an A in Physics 2 in college as it was all about light. If I loved torture I would go back and revisit the course but once was enough for me.

Martin likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

With that kind mind set:
    Einstein was wrong, Copernicus and Newton were wrong too,
    the whole quantum mechanics is suspected to be wrong.
    They all should have kept quiet and nobody would have criticize them.
    But then, likely, we would not have Quantum Physics to criticize and be living healthy life without electricity.

Isn't it better to be criticized than ignored?

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

it's putting that person 'out-there' for embarrassment.
    ---------

Excellent idea
    but
    I do not want to be embarrassed if someone find that I have made mistakes.

Cpt.Tired and Scompy like this.
  10. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I'm not afraid of failure, at all. I used to be afraid of failure earlier in my life until I learned the power of failing. Now in my mid-40s, I view failure as the gateway to success. I've learned to 'suck it up' and move on when I fail. Also, I care less about what others think about my failures in the public eye. In my opinion, it is part of our humanity and why I give others the benefit of the doubt and actually admire when they try something to do the right thing. The analogy is like a parent looking at her child... like writing for the first time in preschool. We often accept the failures of children to be trivial and expected. We guide them to do right, to learn. Without failure, we wouldn't have much in the way of success. Instead, we would embrace our failures and live a lie. For this reason, I'm always willing to put myself on the line for public embarassment if it's an effort seeking truth. Truth trumps everything in my world, especially when I find I've failed at something because it usually reveals even more truth to me.

Brent Patrick and Joe Gavin like this.
  11. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Great idea Josh.:)

12. most in the quantum group haven't even read Jack's blogs:glasses:

Lahelada, Jude and nicld like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

OK here is a gift from a future book:

Biohacking tip # 82: Do your biohacks in full spectrum light always. Man is attuned to natural sunlight via heliotropic accommodation. Doing hacks under artificial lights never yields the results in fake light conditions. This is often why we see men break bones easily when their muscles are fully hypertrophied by unmitigated blue frequencies that stimulate the pituitary while destroying the eye clock mechanism in the RPE. All artificial light has made man attuned to Hg resonance because of its strong blue signal. This standard was set by the CIE in 1931 because the eye camera has three cones in blue, green and red bands. Hg vapor fluorescent light have two light energy spikes in the blue (436nm), green (546nm) used to calculate the color temperature of light. The CIE added a red spike at 700 nm just as a convenience to cover the red cone found in the retina. These three bands became the ideal standard for an observer for manufactured light based upon the cones spectral responses in our eyes. In 1931, we had no idea about the opsin family of photoreceptors that are activated and regenerated by the RPE by dimming light in the 435-465 range. Today we know that artificial light causes the blue light hazard and destroys the eye clock, causes dry macular degeneration, and lowers ocular melatonin and decreases the pineal release of melatonin at night.

14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

When your charge increases you lose the ability to get embarrassed. You get embarrassed for THEM!