1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hack my Thyroid Labs

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Souldanzer, Aug 13, 2012.

1. My HR used to be in the low 50s. Yes that is a hypo sign. Going up too much is a hyper sign. But there are many signs. You can probably safely go up in 6 mcg amounts or even less than that...one dose at a time.

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'm doing 25 split in two doses now and have added another quarter pill in the afternoon. So far so good.

And just ran into this:

I don't think this one has been brought up yet.....

3. mambo

mambo New Member

I'm still trying to confirm whether this is correct. My TPO Ab is 16. LabCorp's reference range is 0 to 34. Can you impute anything from this score? No hypothyroid symptoms except for cold fingers (which could be Raynaud's).

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

It means you probably have hashi's. You need to get quarterly thyroid testing with antibody panel to see what is going on. You want your fT3 to be in the top quarter of the range optimally. With thyroid dosing you have to go a lot by symptoms though.

5. melrito

melrito Gold

I have a similar situation - mid-range "normal" antibodies and Dr. K told me that he cannot rule out hashis until I have my antubodies tested several more times to be sure they are not higher and I just caught them at a low point - since the antibodies do fluctuate based on a bunch of variables (I am hypothyroid with low fT3).

6. I had always read that selenium was important but I thought it was in the context of lowering antibodies. Thanks for new info.

7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That is exactly what I was experiencing before starting with T3 - very high HR and increasing BP. Since I have been on T3, my HR went down 25 points and my BP went back to my usual 110/69. My heart palpitations are basically non existent. My temperature increased only slightly from 97.4 to 97.7.

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Interesting, Destiny. I'm not sure mine came down from T3 b/c I think it happened before I ever started on T3 iirc. Why do you think that happened? Cortisol/adrenaline making up for missing thyroid power?

9. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am not sure why, Soul, but I kept a list of my vitals and the pattern was clear ... it was going down after a few days on T3. I could also feel it myself that my HR rate was going down.

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Been feeling off the last few days. I'm up to 75mcg T3 most days. Mostly I've been feeling shaky, heart palps, unable to calm down and relax.

T3 was my first suspect. But then second thought.... I think it might be cortisol instead. T3 increases LDL to preg conversion so if I'm actively upping my T3 slowly at some point I would need less supplemental pregnenolone, correct?

My preg was upper end of range when I tested so I know I'm already converting on my own. I was taking 300mg preg b/c it was making me feel more alert, then dropped it to 200mg b/c I was starting to have above symptoms, yesterday I stopped all preg and T3 for a day. This morning I'm feeling a bit better (shakiness is gone, feeling more relaxed). Reason I was taking so much preg on top of already being high on labs was b/c I was trying to help my lower steroid cascade hormones out a bit..... but I think lately it's all been going to cortisol instead.

So my plan for now is to keep taking T3, reducing or dropping the preg, and keep working on stress reduction (could use some help with that part :eek:). Sounds like a good plan? If I still feel off, I will lower the T3. But so far, after my morning dose, I feel good :)

11. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Soul,

Is there a possibility to test FT3 for you? That would give you an answer if your plan is a good plan.

12. Sometimes when cortisol is off (either low or high) the individual tolerance of T3 is less than it would be with healthy adrenals. Shakiness, heaert palps, etc could be a sign of too much T3 for your adrenals. But if you feel better maybe the combo of the preg and T3 was too much. I know there are people out there who literally cannot tolerate more than 6mcg of T3 at a time!