1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hack my Thyroid Labs

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Souldanzer, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Ah, thanks everybody :) You guys are awesome. I will go slow and watch my vitals. I'll take my AM dose right when I wake up (most days I don't get up right away when I wake but keep resting for an hour or so... maybe I could take it then, if I'm awake enough) and I'll do it sublingually. My rx is being shipped to me b/c it was really difficult to find a compounding pharmacy that makes T3 without a filler I'm allergic to. I'm going to be getting some good doses of probiotics, lol! It's in my progesterone AND my T3 now!

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Sorry about the dental stuff, patty. I hope you feel better soon. Unfortunately, I got a lot of experience with chipmunk face b/c of my purging which inflames parotid/salivary glands.... ice ice ice. Keep icing. It does really help.

3. Gotta love the good compounding pharmacies! I love taking probies in my progesterone.

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I devised a system to help prevent me from double-dosing (which I might do if I take it when I'm too groggy and can't remember I already had a dose). After I take my Armour, I'll move the pill bottle to another location. If I try to take it again, I'll notice it's not where it should be, and that means I already had my daily dose. Of course that means you need to reset the location after you get up for the day. There's always a potential flaw in those kinds of systems...ask me how I know :(.

5. I set my alarm on my phone to remind me. If my alarm goes off and I just ate then I will reset the alarm for an hour later. I have so many clock times set in my alarm function on my phone that I don't use on a daily basis. I have manipulated my doing times throughout this T3 process to find the best dose and need these alarm times in case of things, like eating, conflicting with the dosing schedule. It works great for me.

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Alarm on iphone sounds like a great idea for the bad brain over here :eek: I think I might take out the pill in the evening and have it ready on my nightstand. So if it's gone.... it's been taken ;)

7. That's exactly what I do. I use a top of a pill container right now. And believe me there have been a few mornings that I can't remember if I took my morning dose. I do it when I'm half asleep. Set yourself up for success!

8. Destiny

Destiny New Member

A super speed recovery, Patty!

9. Thank you Destiny! The chipmunkiness is already going away. Too bad because I was really enjoying all the stares and weird faces people were making! LOL

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

My face is still changing.... someone pointed it out to me again today. I looked so DIFFERENT all these years with my swollen salivary glands. Imagine living like that for 20 years.... terrible. I hated it. People staring at times. I still say thanks every morning to the face I see in the mirror now.

11. OMG!!! I cannot imagine it! For me there is also an associated level of pain corresponding to the amount of swelling. I see it and associate pain. I have been icing the carotid and hopefully that is helping. I'm going to use the "thanks" method on my face because it needs a little graitude for what it has been through. I like that idea! Gratitude for anything is great!

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That is people, they like to stare at anything that is a tad different. LOL. Just be careful! Don't want to scare you but I was always told that any infection on your head could be dangerous because of the blood circulation near by to the brain.

13. The lady at TSA when I was flying home on Sunday couldn't even look at me as she gave me the pat-down speech. Although I think she had some major issues herself, I did wonder if she couldn't look at me because she didn't want to stare at the CHEEK!

You are always scaring me into thinking I need antibiotics!!! LOL The oral surgeon said I didn't need them because my body was already expelling the infection by draining out of the socket.Plus he knows that I will only pretty much take them on my death bed (or if this h.pylori doesn't go away with my natural treatment). Today I look normal, if that is possible!!! Still a little sore but since the fever broke Sunday night I think I'm totally on the downhill slide. And the good news is.....I lost 2#!!! Not worth the pain though.....

14. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

So glad to hear you are on the mend. Have you started CT'ing? Wonder if that would do more detox for you?

15. Destiny

Destiny New Member

It looks like your body has an excellent capability to fight any infection and to heal fast! When are you retesting for H pylori?

16. Thanks. Yes I have started CTting and it's hard to get into the swing of it. The water is not 55 because our ocean water is 71-74 so you can just imagine the temp of the tap water. I don't have enough ice and actually the 65 I get it down to is pretty cold. I'm only doing it a couple of days a week right now due to my schedule but should be able to get in 1-2 more this week. I'm hoping it would do more detoxing of that darn E2. Monday I am doing my next ASI test and then another consult to see where I should go from here. How are you doing these days? Are you still CTing even though it's summer?

Sorry Soul just realized a hijack was taking place!

17. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

No worries at all :)

18. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

A couple of days is better than no days. I'm pretty frustrated actually. My cholesterol came down but my bs and hs-crp went up. Don't know what's up with that until I have another consult. I have not ct'd in about 3 weeks since I've been really cold lately and having a hard time with the thought. I am cold all day at work (the hair on my arm is usually in a vertical position) and that makes it tough. I need to do it in the am when I am really full and my bathroom is 64 in the am which makes it all the tougher. I'm sure Jack would say "just get in the damn tub." LOL That is what I need to do. I really thought my thyroid was getting better but the energy has not been there lately either. Maybe I burned myself out preparing for my son's wedding (too much cleaning).

I need to do the ASI too but if it considers 6 (iirc) months of time then I need to wait a bit longer. Really want to know where they are at now. Do you know how long I should wait after stopping the HC? Jack told me the HC would be out in a few days.

19. Your energy most likely is thyroid or adrenals. I know, "same story different day". Since you are cold that tells me thyroid. But the HC says adrenals. stopthethyroidmadness says to be off HC for two weeks before an ASI test, IIRC. I've never taken HC so I don't know if a week or two would be better. I'll PM you or you can PM me. I had a backup with my mouth again and had another visit today at the oral surgeons. This has made my week a mess! Good luck with your ASI test! :cool:

20. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Nooo, not a backup!:( There goes the stress. Why is it always a forward backward progress for everything????? I certainly hope you make some more forward progress soon.