1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hack my auto-immunity

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Pardus, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Pardus

Pardus New Member

Hi all,

Being very suspicious of this safe starch cure-all solution, I've stuck with strict keto paleo (autoimmune version) for about 18 months now. As on now, I've been doing CT every night as daily cold walks and cold showers for about a month. However, as of yet I have noticed no improvement in my seborrheic dermatitis, brain fog, chronic bloating, dry skin and eczema (had these conditions since birth). I also have allergies to mould, dust, pollen, etc. My hands have always been very cold, and this has either remained the same or gotten worse on keto paleo. I suspect I am hypothyroid, but official testing will say for sure. I am still very tired in the morning, yet have trouble falling asleep in the evening, and also get worried and stressed easily, which leads me to think I have adrenal fatigue.

I've read the leptin rx and leaky gut rx and have been following the protocols for about 3 months, no noticeable results so far. I'm 21 years old, 5'8" and about 158lbs. I dont think I'm overweight by a lot but chronic bloating + water retention makes my belly stick out.

Current supplements:

iodine

selenium

magnesium

zinc

MSM

coQ10

PQQ

K2 MK-4

D3

B complex

Quercetin

Curcumin

Betaine HCL

Diet:

Fish

Shellfish

Grassfed beef + lamb

green vegetables

grassfed beef liver

No eggs, dairy, nuts, grains, legumes of any kind (no green beans or peas either), no fruits, no starches.

Experimented with real kefir and probiotics with no results.

2 meals per day. Breakfast at 6:00am, Dinner around 4:00-5:00 pm.

Lifestyle:

HIT 15 mins once per week, in the afternoon (Body By Science, Doug McGuff)

CT during day: cold walk

CT at night, 2 hrs before bed: cold showers

Blueblocking glasses go on at sunset. In bed by 9:30pm, asleep by around 10:00pm, and up by 6:00am

2. It sounds like there maybe a thyroid issue but the biggest thing I believe is the adrenal issues. You probably should get the full thyroid panel of tests including the rT3 as well as a salivary cortisol test. It may also be some hormonal imbalances that are not showing up without hormonal labs.

Another thought is a shellfish allergy? It may be way off base but it just came to me so I'm throwing it out there.