1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gut parasites...

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by MartiD, Jun 26, 2012.

1. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Ok, so I know Dr. Oz is probably not well respected on here but he just had a story about intestinal parasites causing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. According to the Gastroenterolgist he had on, 46% of all CFS clients have some type of a worm/parasite in their gut. Also said these can live for many years and people may not know until tested. Apparently the parasites attach to the lining and suck blood and nutrients from the body. This makes sense but wonder if anyone has ever heard of this and if it has any validity. They said best cure is 1/4 cup of papaya seeds and a couple tablespoons of honey each for day for a week. If you start having more energy then you probably had worms.

Thoughts? Sounds disgusting but maybe makes sense?

2. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Lot's of people including kids gets worm, etc. You can also get them from your animals as far as I know. I am going to do a test in few days to tell me if I have them or not. I'm surprised you have never heard of it actually. A guy I work with actually lost quite a bit of weight and then found out he had parasites. Got rid of them and felt much better, especially energy wise.

3. MartiD

MartiD New Member

I've heard if people having them just never associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It's was a very interesting segment!

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Ahhh, got it. Yeah, my friend at work said he had no energy at all. They drug him right down. Kidding of course, he said he wouldn't mind doing this yearly to keep his weight in check.:D

5. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Dr Oz showed several videos (colonoscopies I assume) and it was disgusting! Some showed thousands of small worms and one showed a very long tap worm that had probably been growing for over 7 years! Made me want to go buy some papaya and honey and take dose for a week just to see if I feel better. Although I feel good and don't have fatigue at all anymore thanks to reset, but, just in case!!!:rolleyes:

6. Inger

Inger Silver

This is why I always eat the seeds too, if I eat papaya.

I also eat natural deworming plants like ginger, wormwood and such. Some grows in my garden. I habe been eating lots of raw fish and meat too for many years, I have had no issues yet.

7. primat

primat Silver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helminthic_therapy

I'd believe just about any source over Dr. Azz... Some of those creatures have spent millions of years on optimizing their host. Not saying all parasites/worms are good, but there is a lot more to it.

As a side note; there was an episode of Futurama where Fry ate a bad sandwich and got colonized by worms that optimized him to super-human :)